FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate moving. I HATE MOVING. IHATEMOVING! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hate moving. I HATE MOVING. IHATEMOVING!
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
We are moved in. We have been working for the last 13 weeks on whittling our house furnishings down to what we can fit into the apartment.

We've largely been successful, and I am piling books onto shelves without regard to thier order. I need to have that "working household" feeling about me. Right now I just have that "corrugated cardboard" feeling around me. It's pretty close quarters right now.

Persevere, rivka. Gradually the cartons will pass into the universe.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I need to have that "working household" feeling about me.
Exactly!
quote:
Right now I just have that "corrugated cardboard" feeling around me. It's pretty close quarters right now.

Persevere, rivka. Gradually the cartons will pass into the universe.

Yep. Still have to finish packing up odds and ends from here (my parents').

Actually, aren't there places that will buy gently-used moving boxes? I need to find one of those . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

I don't know of any in our vicinity. I think I am going to make a half hearted effort at recycling, tho.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

If I can't find one, I'll just Freecycle 'em (along with lots of other stuff).
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

One possibility
Too far from me
Here in L.A.! Wait a SEC! They want me to pay them to take 'em away? HA! [Razz]

bunbun
Member # 6814

I found my underwear.

So I can go to sleep soon.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, where's that OOC thread...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh, orderly rows of books.

I should have been a librarian.

Nathan hauled many books out for building a livingroom-wide train track last weekend.

However, he neglected to put them back in the order he found them.

It was not one of my better parenting moments.

[Embarrassed]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

bunbun . . . um, gooood. *backs away*

kq, [ROFL]

Shan, been there! *pat pat*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka,

How are you doing? More settled? Hope your Shabbos was a restful as you needed it to be.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I just put together the second piece of those six stacking cabinets (so now I have one top and one bottom). They look very nice, but they're just not very deep. I think the others are going back. *sigh*

Shabbos could have been restful except that I stayed at my parents, so I could got to an aufruf. Then I went to some friends for lunch, and stopped by to see another friend who was in town for the weekend (and I hadn't seen in years).

Lots of fun, but no time for a nap. [Wink]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Double shiur with the Shluffer Rebbe for me!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Rivka, I'm sorry those cabinets aren't going to work out after all. [Frown]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yeah, I just ordered something else that should work. Now I just have to arrange to ship these back. >_<
rivka
Member # 4859

Good news update: One computer desk and one brand new Dell computer (complete with newly-installed wireless card, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse) are both assembled and appear to be functioning within acceptable parameters. [Big Grin]

Using a laptop for everything was getting old. [Razz]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
appear to be functioning within acceptable parameters.
Now we just need to beam up the away team and we can warp on out of here. [Smile]

I'm glad things are getting settled for you, at least a little bit.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
w00t!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for rivka!

Slow and steady wins the race. And when you win the race, you get a kugel.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

There's kugel?

<dons running shoes>

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I always got a donut after I had my blood drawn.

As a result, I enjoy having my blood drawn.

As long as they don't clean my skin with rubbing alcohol, which I have developed an allergy to, apparently. [Frown]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

What kind of kugel? If it's potato, I'll pass. Now, sweet noodle kugel, OTOH . . . *drools*

Dags, how is settling in going for y'all? (And you can't take the away team until all the darn furniture is assembled!)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My preferences are exactly the opposite, rivka-- not a fan of sweet noodle kugel, but love a good potato kugel.

Of course, I'm not a fan of noodles in general, and I love anything that's a potato in any form. So that may have something to do with it. [Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

Actually, the odd thing is that potato kugel is one of the few ways of serving potatoes that I don't like. It's a bit like egg salad, which I also dislike -- even though I like hard-boiled eggs and deviled eggs. [Dont Know]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ah, I like egg salad and deviled eggs, but not hard-boiled. *is weird and knows it*

I also hate uncooked tomatoes. But I love ketchup and spaghetti sauce (just not on too much spaghetti.)

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I love ketchup

No kidding?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dags, how is settling in going for y'all?
Eve has masterfully managed to get us all settled in. I pretty much just had to move heavy things when needed and do some picture hanging. We have a whole bunch of laundry we saved up to take to the drop-off cleaners; we may panic over the amount of dresser space we have at that point. But that's it. Remember, we were moving into a functioning apartment we'd had for 2 years, plus, no kids, so our task was a lot easier than yours.

I've still got semester-start settling to get done, (put new books on the shelf, clean the desk, yada yada) but that's a whole lot easier than moveing settling.

quote:
(And you can't take the away team until all the darn furniture is assembled!)
I wonder if Jiordi can rig the replicator to do that automatically.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

"I can't change the laws of physics, Captain!"
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder if Jiordi can rig the replicator to do that automatically.
SCOTTY coulda done it!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Well, the replacement piece for the microwave cart thingamajiggy arrived today, so we'll just have to see how I fare without Scotty or Geordi. [Razz]

Of course, first I have to remember where the instructions (which I used to call the manufacturer) are . . . >_<

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Online, perhaps?
rivka
Member # 4859

No luck so far.
rivka
Member # 4859

Much Googling. No luck.

Finally thought to look on the shelf where I put all the putting-furniture-together instructions . . . look at that! [Roll Eyes]

BTW, a short rant on furniture. They don't sell furniture. They sell kits to make furniture. [Razz]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.