FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thor home safe at moms drinking margaritas during Rita. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thor home safe at moms drinking margaritas during Rita.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Truckers can help lead that sort of thing too.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
What's weird is that all those cars are probably on those same roads every day, or near.
And the problem arose because everybody decided to leave at the same time on the same freeways...
...when spreading the load onto surface streets woulda probably prevented the current gridlock.
Had a bad thought.
Much of the city/metroplex freeways I've been on have been routed through the low passes between higher ground.
If the hurricane stalls in eastTexas&westLouisiana as forcast, Rita is expected to dump up as much as 2to3feet of rain.
And the higher areas will drain onto and flood the lower grounds, including those portions of the gridlocked freeways.

[ September 23, 2005, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I know a guy on another forum who lives north of Houston (~60 miles, I think he said). He's decided that he's safer at his house than trapped on the freeway, but he's been out to the freeway a couple of times today to give away water and gas to the people there. He's also offered his home to an elderly couple if the roads are still blocked when the hurricane hits. It sounds like he is trying to mobilize his neighbors to help him with these projects.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the love and the prayers.

I'm home safe in Mansfield at my mom and step dad's 50 acre, 6 dog, 16 horse paradise drinking world class margarita's with friends and family.

Watching the news.

Great news for all my pals behind in houston that it turned East and downgraded to a 3.0.

But it still will be bad.

And in the near future, i'll talk about the 14 hour drive. My step dad gave me an alternate route of 90 to 36 to 35. which was more obscure but still tough.

My girlfriend and her parents took I-45 and it took them almost 36 hours to get to dallas.

Thanks again for the love and prayers, and all the offers of help.

Hatrack rules!

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it, Thor. Glad you're safe. Enjoy the margaritas. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you made it safely! When you feel like posting avout it I'll be interested to hear about your trip.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Houston is safe!

Wooooo!

Now i gotta drive home tomorrow night.

Booo.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you are safe [Smile]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Thor, I've been to Mansfield! Is the restaurant called Warehouse #1 in Mansfield still there? That is a world class restaurant. Their hush puppies are heavenly.

So glad you made it out safely! Glad the storm weakened and turned! Take care and be careful going home.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Things aren't too bad in Baton Rouge anymore. There is a lot of flooding and quite a few power lines are down, but the rain has finally stopped. I'm really worried about family of mine in Lake Charles, LA - the pictures of the flooding on the news have been pretty bad. [Frown]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.