FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Three wishes? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Three wishes?
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And in the context which jebus was using the word, it essentially relegates women to nothing but a decorative penis sleeve.
*tries to clear mental image of crocheted condom covers*
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting distinction from telepathy, RoyHobbs. I like it.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my three wishes. I am trying to make them true.

1. To be helpful
2. To be useful
3. To be good

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
*takes on teenage girl accent*

Uhhh... lame!

Curse the lack of a tongue-in-cheek graemlin... [Smile]

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
1. To be an amazing bass player right now.

2. To be young, thin, and beautiful until I am ready to die

3. To have unlimited plane tickets home for visits

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RoyHobbs:

Uhhh... lame!

I know that it doesn't sound that exciting, but I really DO want to be helpful, useful and good. It would be nice if it came easily instead of having to work at it, though.

But it is work worth doing. I'll keep trying.

I'd rather be helpful, useful and good than be rich or famous or have stuff. Health would be nice, for me and my family. But I'm sticking with helpful, useful and good.

So there.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I want a pony, a toy rocket, and...

well, seriously, I don't know. Three wishes are rather dangerous things to have, ne?

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the wisher, eh?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dem
Member # 2512

- posted      Profile for dem   Email dem         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Friendship
2. Courage
3. Health

Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
I would make a huge list of all the material posessions I want, all the abilities I want, all the insights and powers I want, and then I would say:

I wish for everything on this list.

Then, I would make a list of all the heartaches and troubles and flaws and bad habit I want rid of and say:

I wish for the cessadtion of everything on this list.

For the third wish, I would wish for a strudel. I like strudel.

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
1: The ability to communicate exactly what I wanted and be met with perfect understanding.

2: The answer to whatever question I could think of. Yeah, an omniscient answer machine.

3: The ability to read minds

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.