FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Central Florida Clump planning thread: Cor in "Into the Woods" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Central Florida Clump planning thread: Cor in "Into the Woods"
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad, Icky...we got your invite to the Wilderness Lodge too late to go, and Jenni was feeling sick. Sorry, I meant to call and thank you for the invite, but I forgot. [Big Grin]

Wicked would have been fun, but money is still a little tight, although this payday gets us all caught up for the most part. [Big Grin] Yeah!

My wife's parents will be here during jeniwren' trip so I don't know what is up, but JenniK has agreed to do the CP on Sat if you guys want to come. I asked for Sunday off, but I can switch it to Sat...I have not asked for a single day off, other than when I was sick last week, so I imagine it won't be a big deal. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
We're talking Saturday Dec 3 for playing at Disney (Magic Kingdom?) during the day, and CP at Epcot in the evening.

And we're talking Tuesday Dec 6 for playing at Universal for the day.

We'll be there from the 30th through the 11th. Christian is going to be at his dad's in Tampa from the 1st through the 5th, and my inlaws will be visiting from the 8th to the 12th.

That's the extent of our plans. [Big Grin] Is there a good place to see what concerts and/or plays are playing in Orlando at during those 10+ days too?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah...it's called Hatrack. [Big Grin]

That is the day we are planning to do the CP as well. You might want to make some more time just for Epcot that day....there is a lot to do, and the ride Jenni works at, Sorin', is very cool as well. [Big Grin]

MK is cool, but the best rides there (at least for Adults)are in Frontieerland. I liked the mine ride rollercoaster there a lot.

The Haunted Mansion is very cool as well. If you are more of a rollercoaster family you might want to do DisneyMGM, the Rock and Rollercoaster is great, as is the Tower of Terror.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

Oh we'll spend more time at Disneyworld than just that one day. That's just the day we were talking about meeting up with Joe and his family. I was proposing Magic Kingdom because we'll only have Rainbow (3yo), not Christian (12yo). I thought we'd hold off really doing Epcot until we could have Christian with us.

DW Trivia: Rainbow took her first steps at MGM. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my first real kiss in the Haunted Mansion. The kisses you get during Spin the Bottle, Truth or Dare, etc. don't count.

Rob, I haven't called you this week because work sucks, my wife is sick and we got our final notice to paint our fence so I'm taking a day off tomorrow to finish it.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

It is all good, I was pretty sick last week, as was JenniK. I hope she feels better soon! [Big Grin]

So, was it your wife? [Wink] Or did she become her? [Big Grin]

[ November 17, 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I have information on the Candlelight Processional dinner & VIP seating packages . . . take a look and tell me if you're interested. (It's a bit more expensive than the last time we did it . . . )

Showtimes are a 5:00 pm, 6:45 pm, and 8 pm

Dinner time varies; it's just whenever you can work around the showtime.

Children's entrees cost $12.99 regardless of tier. For the adults, there are three price tiers:

Tier 1: Biergarten (located in the Germany pavilion) and the Garden Grill (located in the Land pavilion). $30.99 per adult. The Biergarten is a buffet/smorgasbord, and so it includes all you can eat, and non-alcoholic/nonspecialty beverages. The Garden Grill is a family-style restaurant (i.e., they bring you all the different entrees and sides, and you eat as much of whatever you want) so it's pretty much the same thing.

At the higher tiers (the non-buffet ones, essentially) the price includes a soup, salad or an appetizer, an entree, a dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage.

Tier 2: Nine Dragons (China), San Angel Inn (Mexico), Restaurant Marakesh (Morocco), and the Rose & Crown Pub (United Kingdom). $38.99 per adult.

Tier 3: L'Originale Alfredo di Roma (Italy), Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Steakhouse (Japan), Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada), The Coral Reef (The Living Seas), Chefs du France (duh France). $45.99 per adult.

Now, for comparison, I am taking a look at the actual menus of the restaurants, as posted on allearsnet to see how much it would cost to eat at some of these without the VIP package.

At the Biergarten (Tier 1) Beverages are sold separately, and the menu doesn't list the price of non-alcoholic beverages, but guessing them to be somewhere around $2, dinner and beverage for an adult would be around $23. For a kid, you'd be looking at around $11.

At tier 2 and Tier 3, how bad a deal this is depends on what you would be ordering. I am going with middle-of-the-road items, in terms of price, for this estimate.

At the Rose & Crown (Tier 2), you could order a lamb barley Soup ($4.99), a prawn cocktail ($7.99), fish and chips ($15.99), a warm apple crumble topped with ice cream ($4.99) and a soda (???) for somewhere around $36.

At Alfredo's (tier 3), the soup of the day today is zuppo del giorno ($6.75). Along with that, you can have an appetizer of fettuccine Alfredo (10.95), an entree of fettuccine alla vodka con gamberoni ($26.50)--say you really like fettuccine, or vodka--and their menu online doesn't include dessert, but I'm certain they carry it, so I'm magically transporting us to Le Cellier for Maple Creme Brulee ($5.99) and soda (???) and guessing that an average adult dinner would run around $53.

Huh. So it's actually not that bad a deal. The only place it's a bad deal is at the lower price tier. (Of course, it would cost less to not have soup and appetizer, etc . . . so, um, save your appetite?)

I believe the prices I quoted for the package include tax (whereas the ones I made up--er, found--for a la carte food do not). They do not, however, include tip. And there is no discount available for Disney Dining Experience members (me) or for cast members (jenni).

(Of course, if it were a la carte, jenni and/or I could get discounts on most of these places, so it would be cheaper that way.)

So let me know if I should follow up on this. If the answer is yes, then the sooner the better.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Jenni and I are buying tickets to the Land buffet tomorrow, it is within our budget and she works right there at Soarin' so she knows it well.

We will be buying it tomorrow morning, I believe. [Big Grin]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

Land (Garden?) Buffet works for us. But really anything works for us except tier 1. So yeah, let's go ahead and run with it.

I don't know about the girls, Ic, but Rainbow starts to get pretty silly much past 6:30 or so. I'd opt for the 5pm show just based on her (because I know she should be in good shape then), but we can do 6:45p if that works better for others. I think 8pm might be pushing it a little later for us, but we could even do that if we manage our day properly (get Rainy to take a nap). With a 5pm show, could we do dinner afterward?

What time and where do you want to meet for playing during the day? Rainy will be *very* glad to have friends to play with, I think.

I'll email you all my cell number, so we can keep in touch. We're leaving tomorrow night, and I'll be out of email touch after we go. I'm not taking my laptop.

Icarus
Member # 3162

kwea, what time did you end up getting a priority seating for?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We actually tried to get it, but the only option left was for $50 a ticket, so we are going to just skip the pay-for-seating and go there early enough to see it without a line.

I want to see it, but not enought to pay over $200 for the four of us, not when we can still see it AND eat for under $100, all we miss out on is the special seating.

It sucks, but I have things I need that extra money for. Once I start the new job it will be different, at least a bit, but until then we have to be a little more responsible that I have been in the past.

[Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

We were planning on going to the show earlier rather than later.....

Pick a show and we will try it, although the 6:45 might be prettier, with the candles showing better in the dark and all....our dinner reservation is at 8:10, the latest option, although we will be eating something sooner than that of course....

Icarus
Member # 3162

I did some calling around, and it seemed like it might be possible to do something at a tier two restaurant, but only with a pretty inconvenient dinner time, like the CP at 5 and dinner at 8 pm. I reckon that's not going to work, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

[Frown] Sorry. I should have moved on this earlier.

I think other priority seatings, without the VIP package, will still be available, because I think they only set aside so many for the VIP thing. So, do we want to all make one priority seating together? (If we don't make it together, we are pretty much guaranteed to end up with different dinner seatings. If we do it together, we can have dinner together, wait in line together for the CP, and sit together. If we get in line early enough, we can still have good seats. Or we can not wait in line early, and just get whatever seats we get. *shrug* It should still be cool.) I think if we want to eat together, given our party size, we should make the reservation like tonightish. I'd be happy to call it in, if we can figure out what we want.

Do you still want the Garden Grill even if we're not doing the package? Assuming we don't have five-course meals, our meal should be cheaper now. [Smile]

-o-

I think we're probably going to get babysitting for the CP, since the girls conk out pretty early.

-o-

We may not be able to get a priority seating for seven, but maybe we could get a four and a three, and when we get there, ask them to put us together. In my experience, they are usually pretty accomodating about things like that. (However, I don't know if the Garden Grill has any tables that will seat seven, due to their layout (all booths, I think). We could always push for adjacent booths, if that's what you want.

Also remember that Cor and I can get us a discount anywhere except Japan, and Jenni can get the same discount. (I'm not sure what restrictions, if any, she has.)

-o-

Our narrator, btw, will be Haley Joel Osment. :-|

We can ask him about his upcoming part in Ender's Game.

<_<

>_>

-o-

wrt to the Magic Kingdom during the day . . . how early do you guys see yourselves getting there? The park opens at nine on Saturday.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Oh. I just saw that kwea already has a reservation.

Okay, well, let me know what to do. It would be cool to not have two separate yet parallel trips to Epcot . . . just let me know.

[Dont Know]

Icarus
Member # 3162

btw, I'm on aim now, in case we want to get some more immediate conversation going than this . . .
Kwea
Member # 2199

going on AIM now... [Big Grin]
jeniwren
Member # 2002

I don't have AIM on my laptop...hang on and I'll download it then look for you.
Icarus
Member # 3162

ack . . . okay, I'll get back on [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

we are waiting....::taps foot:::
Kwea
Member # 2199

Reservations made for 11 at the Grill in the Land, for 8:30. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

So who all is going to Universal tomorrow?

Zan?

Kwea
Member # 2199

I am!!! Are you, Joe? How about Lisa?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Tentatively, yes.
[Smile]

zgator
Member # 3833

I'm going. I was going to call jeni tonight, but do we already have some times in mind? I don't know if Kristine and Ryan will come in the morning, but maybe in the afternoon.

Does anyone need tickets?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I called Jeni, and she said they were getting there at opening, which we will try to do as well. We aren't going to pick a meeting time, because that didn't work so well last time. [Wink] Instead, we will all just call each other when we arrive.

-o-

quote:
Does anyone need tickets?
Why? What deals can you get?
zgator
Member # 3833

10% off 1-park tickets and 15% off 2-park tickets I think. I'll check.

edit: Nope, it's 15% on multi-day tickets, so it's only 10%.

You didn't hear it from me, but you could probably use your Dad's pass, Joe. There's no doubt you two are father/son.

Kwea
Member # 2199

What is the cost of a IoA ticket, for one day? I might go donate blood tonight for a half price ticket....

We are doing just IoA, right?

zgator
Member # 3833

$60 regular price, $54 with the discount.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Just IoA.

I might bring my father with us.

I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get an annual pass. Or one of the passes with blackout dates.

Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I will go bleed for the cause....I can't justify $60, but $30 is a lot easier. [Big Grin]

See you later, I will call and let you know on way or another tonight. [Big Grin]

I will ask Kevin if he wants to go as well, he has the annual pass. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

If it's after 8, post it instead of calling. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I won't be going after all.

The blood bank was closed (I guess people only donate while they are at work from 10-5), and their offer had changed today.

I won't spend $60 to go there without my wife.

Have fun though!

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Frown]

Okay.

-o-

Just so you know . . . are you planning on eventually getting an annual pass there? Because my father says they have a plan where the charge you 1/12 of the cost of the annual each month. If I understand it correctly, it's basically interest-free financing, and the monthly cost is not too big a deal. (Understand this is all secondhand; I haven't verified this.) So if you think the two of you might eventually want annual passes, this might be the way to go.

-o-

Is Jenni at work tonight? 'cause I'm actually at Epcot now! [Big Grin]

zgator
Member # 3833

You are correct, Icarus. They do have a payment plan for the annual pass.

That stinks that you can't go, Kwea. We'll just have to make due with Icarus, I guess. [Razz]

I talked to jeni. I'll call her when I get to the park.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I was really looking forward to it, to be honest, but there isn't much I can do about it. [Frown]

I read about their plan to charge month by month, and it sounds like a winner. We will probably do that as $16 a month (per person) is a lot more palatable than $400 up front. [Wink]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, then the question is really whether or not you can self-justify spending $16 this month to go somewhere without your wife. [Big Grin]

[ December 05, 2005, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Looks like we're off again. Now Mango's tummy is bothering her. [Frown]
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Frown]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Let me know if you are going (if she feels better tommorrow), I may do the annual pass thing. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Jai Alai season begins in January, if anyone's interested in making an evening out of it. Orlando Jai Alai is located in the Maitland/Fern Park area near the dog track. I reckon it's probably close to halfway between me and Chris.

Tentative ideas?

(And, because I know that different people have different work schedules than I do, I have to say that I would not be able to go on a night other than a Friday or Saturday, unless it somehow was not a school night.)

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Jai Alai again!

Remember, don't bet on guys named "Bob." The more vowels in the name, the better!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am interested, but we would have to set a date for me to be more specific..although my family will be here from Jan 8-15th so I won't be going at that time. [Big Grin]
zgator
Member # 3833

I'm up for it.

I was very disappointed in Bob. I had such high hopes, but I guess you can only do so much with only one vowel in you name. Maybe he should have changed his name to Boob. Maybe not.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I know at least one Bob who IS a boob......but I don't think dkw will let him fly in to play jai-alai.....

[Wink]

Jenni wants to know is this a "guys" night out or not...if it doesn't matter she would like to go as well. If it is, we will be planning another night of it so she can go see it with me. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Doesn't matter . . . if we can get babysitting, Cor would love to come, too.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Cool, Jenni wants in, providing we can go that weekend. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

erm, which weekend?
Kwea
Member # 2199

My point exactly.... [Big Grin]

Whichever weekend you guys decide on.....my family will be here from Jan 8th to the 15th though, so those weekends are out for us, I think.... [Big Grin]

Unless my dad and BIL want to come, that is.... [Wink]

Icarus
Member # 3162

So . . . ?
Icarus
Member # 3162

So,was there any interest in trying to win Wicked lottery tickets? $25 a person for orchestra seats, you win them in pairs, and honestly, our odds are pretty good. (We have already seen the show once this way, and we managed to get five tickets to the same show.) At least some of us could join you at the Box Office to up your odds of winning.

This is the last weekend. There are four shows left: matinee and evening tonight, and the same tomorrow. We are going to tomorrow's matinee, but we're going to spend the weekend in Tampa, so if one of the other shows is more convenient for you, some of us could come join you and try to help you win tickets. I really believe you could win tickets if you try and if you're flexible.

-o-

Regarding Jai-Alai, my next paycheck is Monday the 20th, and I don't want to go until then, because the first half of the month is my broke period eah month (mortgage is due). Any interest in Jai-Alai that Friday or Saturday, the 24th or 25th?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.