FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Central Florida Clump planning thread: Cor in "Into the Woods" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Central Florida Clump planning thread: Cor in "Into the Woods"
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't go to Wicked, although I would love to....I am working both days. [Frown]

Jai-Alai sounds good, let me check with Jenni. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
No Wicked for us. I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime, but not so much that I would drive to Tampa for it.

For jai alai, my reunion is that weekend so I won't be in town. I'd like to do it sometime, though.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
The odds are actually pretty amazing. My friend has tried that four times. The first time he won sat in the fourth row. This last time he sat front and center.

Oh, I wish I could see the show.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Celaeno! Where is that? New York, Florida, or was there a lottery in California as well? In addition to winning the lottery in Florida a couple weekends ago, I also won the lottery on Broadway, and that was awesome. [Cool]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Time to have Icky pick some numbers for me.... [Wink]
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

So someone from the 407 area code called me about an hour ago, and I thought maybe you had changed your minds, but, alas, no voice mail.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Glenda was played by the understudy this time. Much better. [Smile] Also, our seats were closer.

<--- jealous of South Florida Hatrackers, who can now see Wicked themselves.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Nope, not us, sorry.

What day of the week would this new trip be, and at what time?

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

What new trip? [Confused]
Kwea
Member # 2199

For Jai Alai, silly! [Wink]
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Jai-Alai 2/24 or 2/25?
[Razz]

The 24th is a Friday, the 25th is a Saturday. I'm sorry if those nights aren't good, but I just can't go on a school night (all the way to Maitland). Certainly not on a Sunday or Monday, which, IIRC, are your equivalent.

zgator
Member # 3833

I'm up for doing it sometime. I just can't do it that weekend.

Kwea, whatever happened with your job?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, I suppose we could shoot for March 3rd or 4th . . .
Kwea
Member # 2199

Still waiting on the job front...the budget isn't out for this year yet, and they are waiting on that to decide which stores get new managers, and to decide how many managers they will hire total.

To be honest I am getting a little tired of being put off, but I know that both my Department Manager and my Store Manager have done all the can do at this point.

I should know in about 10 days for sure....bit this isn't the first time I have been given a date either.

My B-Day is the first, so that would be cool, which day would be better for you, and what time? Do the matches only happen at night?

What is the name of the place? What is the cost?

Keep in mind I have never been to one...or if I have been it was over 25 years ago, as a kid. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I don't know about up north, but down here it was not legal to bring kids into gambling establishments 25 years ago. [Smile]

http://www.orlandojaialai.com/

quote:
LIVE JAI ALAI SCHEDULE

EVENING - Thurs., Fri. & Sat.
Post Time: 7:00PM

MATINEE - Thurs., & Sat.
Post Time: 12:00 Noon

MATINEE - SUNDAY
Post Time: 1:00PM

I don't personally recommend going to a matinee. All the best players play at night, and there are also more people there at night, and, therefore, higher payouts. (But if a matinee is the only way it will work . . . *shrug*)

You can arrive late, and it's no big deal . . . you just miss some of the matches. It generally ends a little bit after midnight, but exactly when it ends depends on how long the matches take. Admission is a dollar or a dollar fifty, more if you want one of the nice seats. I like the nice seats (which run about $5) but as a first-time attender, you may not, because they are very close, and the ball travels at like 150 mph, and can be very hard to track from up lose if you're not used to it.

Betting is as much or as little as you like. If you're not familiar with parimutuel betting, I could help a little with that.

zgator
Member # 3833

Right now, I think either date would work for me. I would probably get there a little late whichever date, but not by much.
Icarus
Member # 3162

So, this Saturday night?
zgator
Member # 3833

I think so. We're going to SeaWorld on Saturday morning, but I should be able to make it Saturday night.
zgator
Member # 3833

Wait, I forgot about a birthday dinner that night. How about Friday?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Crap. Kwea can't go Friday.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Nope, or Sunday without more notice. [Frown]

Is anyone busy this Wed night? It is my birthday, and my friends just bought a bar up near the airport (Curry Ford Rd and Conway), I thought we might be able to meet up for dinner/drinks there....

zgator
Member # 3833

Wait again. The dinner is definitely not kid friendly and what budget we do have for babysitters is already spoken for in March. We'd both really like to go to our friend's birthday, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Plan it for Saturday. If I can't make it, I can't, but I don't want to screw it up for everyone else.

Kwea, Kristine is having a test done in the hospital on Wed. and since they're putting her under, I have to stay with her all day. She always has a terrible reaction to anasthesia, so it's doubly important. It's too rule something out that could be major, but the doctor says the chance of it being major are less than 2%, so I haven't bothered mentioning it.

Is it Players or Cladaugh Cottage that your friend bought?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, keep us informed, Zan, because I'd like to see you there. (Keep us informed about the other thing, too!) [Smile]

-o-

Kwea, I have rehearsal, but I could probably stop by afterward, if it's not too late.

zgator
Member # 3833

I'm in.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Cool. [Cool]

Post time is 7 pm. There is no way I can get there then. Cor and I are in a show, and we're supposed to be ontage at 6pm. Assuming they don't run late, I'll be done shortly after, but it's hard to say exactly when I'll get there. 7:30 seems like a not too unreasonable guess. If anybody wants a ride, given that limitation, just let me know.

I'm thinking of bringing my father with me . . . is that okay?

Kwea
Member # 2199

My friends bought Players. [Big Grin] It is completely different now, they put in 4 brand new pool tables and 5 new dart mechines.

My friend Kevin, who went out to Jellyrolls with Icky and Cor and us when we were looking for jobs down here, bought it with a few of his friends. Those friends were his partners in two other bars as well, one in VT and Coaches Corner down here in Kissimmee (now the Firehouse) on 192.

I am running pool tournys there on Friday nights, but we are switching them to Sundays starting next
week so it doesn't conflict with their dart tourny. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

So I should call you tomorrow night or something?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Sure...I am not sure when we will be up there, but I plan on being up there until about 8:30-9, I guess.

It would be cool to finally meet your father, so bring him if he wants to come. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Confused]

:lightbulb:

Oh, you're talking about Saturday. Okay . . . I was asking about tomorrow night. But on rereading I see that it's just dinner . . . I probably won't be out of rehearsal yet.

Icarus
Member # 3162

double [Confused]

Okay, you are talking about tomorrow. But I was talking about bringing my father to Jai-Alai, not to your birthday. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

There is a much faster way to get there as well, I used to take almost 50 min travel time, but this way it takes about 30 min door to door. Since your dad lives fairly close to me I thought you might like to hear it.....

Take JY north to Oceola Parkway. Turn right, then left on Orange ave. Orange ave to Tradewind (road right along the airort)...Tradewind turns into Conway....Players is in the plaza on the right, the Publix plaza at the corner of Curry Ford and South Conway.

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Confused] [Dont Know]
Kwea
Member # 2199

If you aren't taking you dad, ignore those directions. [Big Grin]

Got it. [Wink]

I-4 to the 408, to south conway rd. corner of CF and s conway.

Players. [Big Grin]

Probably a late dinner/drinks, I am working.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay [Smile] Do you think you'll still be there pretty late? Should I just call you? (It wouldn't be dinner for me, since I'll eat much earlier with Cor & the girls.)
Kwea
Member # 2199

I should be there until about 8:30, 9:00 at the latest....

Just drop me a line, we will have the phone with us. [Big Grin]

zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
Take JY north to Oceola Parkway. Turn right, then left on Orange ave. Orange ave to Tradewind (road right along the airort)...Tradewind turns into Conway....Players is in the plaza on the right, the Publix plaza at the corner of Curry Ford and South Conway.
I think you might mean Orange Ave. to Jetport, which is just before SR 528 and runs parallel to it. Take Jetport to Tradeport and make a left. Then Tradeport turns into Conway.

That's pretty close to how I go home.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Running late....Jenni decided to cook me a great meal at home, and we are going out for drink to Players right now instead.

Drop me a line. [Big Grin]

Zan, I hope everything is OK with you and your family. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I tried to drop you a line, but I got voice mail. (Did you guys change numbers?) If you get this, that probably means you're *not* still there, so . . . *shrug*

kwea, you seemed in your message to be mixed up about Jai-Alai. We are *not* going on Friday--we are going Saturday. I hope this works, because I think the main reason we chose Saturday is hoping it would work for you. (It's actually slightly less than ideal for me.)

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks. We have the same number, but Jenni had her phone in her purse. [Big Grin]

I will consider Sat, depending on finances. [Big Grin] If I win the pool tourny on Fri again I am in! [Wink]

zgator
Member # 3833

Are we on? I'm planning on leaving my house right after Ryan goes to bed around 7:30, so I should be there about 8.

It's the same one we went to last time, right?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Tomorrow? That's the plan, right?

(Kwea, do you think you are likely to make it, or unlikely to? Because tonight works better for me--I'm not sure about Zan. I made it tomorrow thinking that you'd be able to go tomorrow . . . so if you know you won't be, that'd be good to know. Also, if you feel pretty sure you'll be in, that'd be good to know too.)

zgator
Member # 3833

I might be able to do it tonight but it's short notice. I though Kwea was playing pool tonight.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Right . . . kwea can't go tonight, which is why I said Saturday. But now he doesn't seem sure he can go Saturday. So yeah, tonight probably wouldn't work at this point anyway; I was just wondering.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, Kwea? Are you in?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, well, I got out of the show earlier than I thought I would . . . I'm getting ready to go now . . . I kind of hope I don't end up there all alone. :-\
Kwea
Member # 2199

Joe, I am sorry, I didn't check this thread before leaving for work this morning....

I will try to give you a call right now, but I don't think I can go. [Frown]

I have next Sat off though, as I have to attend a meeting on Tues, my normal day off. We could do something this coming Friday, maybe?

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Hope it was fun, Icky, let me know about next weekend. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

We had a good time. I'm pretty sure Zan came out ahead. I won several times, but I used my winnings to finance bigger bets, which I lost, so I came out a little behind. (Not too much, though.) Still, it's always fun to be able to make those big bets, with the potential for big wins, which would otherwise just be too expensive to keep up. [Smile] We also saw some good Jai-Alai, especially toward the end of the night. I have been there on off nights, so it's always cool when I see the players successfully pulling off caroms, chik-chaks, and rebotes, not to mention climbing up the net or the wall to get a hight ball. [Smile]

(Of course, some of those amazing plays were plays that killed me . . . . but I almost don't mind as much when I know that I lost because some other guy did something amazing, as opposed to losing because my guy did something lame.)

Kwea
Member # 2199

Very cool! I wish I had gotten home a little sooner last night. Maybe another time...
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sure . . . if not this year, then maybe next year. [Smile]

-o-

So, how is Tuesday, 3/14 at Universal Studios sounding to you?

It's still tentative for me until I talk to the Fiddler director, but I hope to start firming it up this Monday.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.