FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Title of Harry Potter #7 (spoilers allowed) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Title of Harry Potter #7 (spoilers allowed)
solero
Member # 8668

- posted      Profile for solero   Email solero         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and The Pointless Adventure
or
Harry Potter Sneeks Out of His Doormatory Again...

lol it hard to say that i have read but when a new one comes out ill have to bug people for money even tho the books arnt that good in my opinion(cant spell AT the Moment)

Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and The Gate of Erised
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and His Gruesome Demise

Harry Potter and the Magic Cage Match

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter- It's on now.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Draco Malfoy and What-his-name.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Voldemort spelled backwards in ancient Elvish is J.K. Rowling. Have you noticed that Voldemort gets more powerful in every book? She's chronicaling her rise to power, and every poor sap who reads the final book will be transformed into a death-eater.

That's right, the 7th book will be

Harry Potter and the Long Dark Sleep.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Harry Potter and the Mighty Muggle
CRash
Member # 7754

Harry Potter and the Hairy Pot
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and Erised's End.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter : Episode Seven
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Ketchup of Righteousness.

Hey, I would buy it!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter Eats Poutine
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Democrats for Harry Potter.
Republicans for Voldemort.
I want both bumper stickers...
Anyhoot:
Harry Potter and the annihilation. (couldn't think of a better title, *sigh*)

In this book, everyone dies. Well according to JK herself, when asked if she would write about the adventures of Harry's kids, she replied: "Who says that he will live long enough to have them?" In other words, my bet is that Harry will die. Probably he will turn out to be one of the horcruxes and when he kills Moldymort, he will die too. Typical tragic hero.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is groovy.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Harry Potter and the Groove Threads
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Totally-Meaningless-Object-Barely-Related-to-the-Plot
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
that's what the half blood prince was, or at least I never found it necesarry.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Rather Pointless Romantic Subplot
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Chamber of fudge delight, I always liked that one.

Anyway, I can guarantee you that the title will have to do with an objest, so how about Harry Potter and the locket that was in the fifth book that everyone forgot about.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

Harry Potter and the Random Tertiary Character
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
Well, lets recap what we have had so far...

Volume 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

It's the Philosopher's Stone, Damn it. The PHILOSOPHER'S Stone!!!

Um... sorry. I just never got the point of the U.S. calling it something different than the rest of the English speaking world. It's just like how you spell certain words without the "u", and then think that everyone else is weird. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

Harry Potter and his Favourite Programme

Harry Potter Snogs in the Lift

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's all stop kidding ourselves. Once you break the code and learn what all the "magic" really is, there's nothing that hasn't gone down in that crazy castle. And the continuing plot element, faithful to the last and clearly the note to end the series on:

Harry Potter and The Passionate Affair With Ron (or, The Real Reason the Curtains Ripped in PoA)

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Harry Potter and The Passionate Affair With Ron (or, The Real Reason the Curtains Ripped in PoA)
Harry Potter Does Hogwarts?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's just like how you spell certain words without the "u", and then think that everyone else is weird.
I know. I've been saying this for ages to all these crazy Americans.

Long live the Queen.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I admit that the changing of the title to "Sorcerer's Stone" just about made me ashamed to be an American. Because it was obviously due to the fact that the vast majority of Americans have never heard of the Philosopher's Stone (never mind how Rowlings butchered the concept), and because no book with the word "philosopher" in the title was going to appeal to the average Amurrican.

That said, the bizarre extra "u" in color and favor and the like should have gone away as soon as the sun set on the British Empire. Think how much ink y'all waste with those things.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
It makes me wonder how many kids of religious nuts who think Harry Potter is devil worship, may have been allowed to read about a Philosopher rather than a Sorcorer.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Interesting. You're probably right.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Because it was obviously due to the fact that the vast majority of Americans have never heard of the Philosopher's Stone (never mind how Rowlings butchered the concept),

Well, I don't think that Rowling was really going for historical accuracy.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

I'm curious. In the film, did they dub in "Sorceror's Stone" every time the words "Philosopher's Stone" were uttered? Or did they leave the film intact while changing only the title?
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I can't actually remember who the half-blood prince was.

Harry Potter and Oh My Goodness I've Forgotten What

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking the same thing, Teshi. There was so much speculation about Hagrid, but I think it was ... Snape?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

It was Snape. His mother's maiden name was Prince, I think. And since he's a half-blood, he came up with that nickname for himself. As we learn from his notes, Snape's skill in potion making and affinity for the dark arts were present since his youth.

And digging_holes, I think they did dub it in. I haven't seen the movie in a while though, so I can't recall if it's obvious.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Holy Grail
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and Yo Mama!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and Berties every flavour (horcux included) beans
Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by digging_hoIes:
I'm curious. In the film, did they dub in "Sorceror's Stone" every time the words "Philosopher's Stone" were uttered? Or did they leave the film intact while changing only the title?

I wonder too. Didn't they use subtitles because the accent is impossible to undrstand? You know, like Scottish films in the US...!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Harry Potter and Yo Mama!
Oh man! That one cracked me up!

How about:
Harry Potter and the Wrinkle in Time

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and One More Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher

Harry Potter and the Poor In-Laws (in which he marries Ginny Weasley)

Harry Potter and the Summer Internship

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

It will have two special editions:

Harry Potter and the Devil Worshippers

Harry Potter and the People-Who-Just-Haven't-Accepted-God-Into-Their-Hearts-Yet

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Half-Assed Finale.

Harry Potter and the Slobbery Snogfest.

Harry Potter and the Spiders from Mars. (younger folks won't get this one)

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Harry Potter Does Hogwarts
Oooh, CT wins.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by digging_hoIes:

They actually filmed every scene that mentions it twice. I kid you not.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by MoonRabbit:
Harry Potter and the Half-Assed Finale.

Harry Potter and the Slobbery Snogfest.

Harry Potter and the Spiders from Mars. (younger folks won't get this one)

I guess that makes me old. <sigh>

"Ground Control to Harry Potter..."

Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I would just add a bit to Tinros' suggestion:

"Harry Potter and the Defeat of the Dark Lord"

Although this would be cool, too:

"Harry Potter Strikes Back"

Or this:

"Harry Potter and the Revenge of the Mud-Bloods"

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter's Horrible, Terrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
The Little Wizard That Could
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

10) Harry Potter and The Mud Bloods Save The Day.

9) Harry Potter Mugged by Muggles

8) Harry Potter and the Special Time At Camp With Snape.

7) Harry Potter Gone Wild

6) Harry Potter And The End

5) Harry Potter--The Graduate (Mrs. Weasley, are you trying to seduce me?)

4) Harry Potter the Parselmouth--(Or Harry Potter talking though his asp.)

3) Harry Potter and The One Ring

2) Harry Potter and the Search for Spock

And the number 1 guess at Harry Potter title....

1) Harry Potter Jumps the Shark
Harry Potter Jumps The Shark

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.