FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2005: (Wow - is that everyone?) (Page 10)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2005: (Wow - is that everyone?)
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Erosomniac, I can sympathize. A couple of years back I had a mail carrier that had a very...laid back attitude toward mail delivery. I'd get bills after they were due, magazines would never arrive, stuff mailed to me by friends and family would arrive weeks late--it was really a pain.

Ever seen Better Off Dead? My mail carrier was pretty much that movie's mailman made flesh.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that your mail carrier's fault or the post office's? Doesn't the post office just give the mail to the carrier and then he gives it to you? I can't imagine he has much control over the situation. I'd like to think your carrier wouldn't stash your bills under his seat and save them for later..
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever watched Seinfeld, Valentine? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
<through gritted teeth> Newman!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There are still a few people who haven't mailed yours yet. Most have sent explanations and passionate promises to do it today (yay! That would be great.) There are a few who have not responded.

It's okay - it's not the end of December yet. There is still time. [Smile] It doesn't have to fancy or complicated. We are all here because we love books and usually science fiction. Is there a book that you like? I love presents like that - it's what I got last year. I got a book and movies that I would never have picked out on my own but enjoyed very much. [Smile] So today, after word, just head on over to the bookstore and you can mail it priority tomorrow. It probably won't make it by the 25th, but it's the December exchange so that's okay anyway. Just do it today. [Smile] Your giftee will love it, and you'll be happy. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember, too, that if you don't send your gift, Katie and breyerchic are contractually bound to buy a gift on your behalf. And you don't want to cost them money, do you?

[Wink]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm making the spare gifts, Tom!!!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it’s out and yes I was bad and late, but they said at the post office the express would have it there before Christmas. So…. Hopefully my apology letter and express post will make it all ok.
I really wish I wasn’t so busy………..
Sigh…… maybe next year.

Oh and I got a great pack of goodies from Rayann. Lots of toys and stuff that’ll make it to my desk at work for hours of entertainment. Thanks!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the slowness of international mail. [Frown]

I sent my gift on 6th December and I haven’t seen a posting saying it has arrived. I’m also waiting to receive mine, which I’ve been told has been sent, so is just taking it’s time. I’m hoping it arrives tomorrow or Wednesday, or I will not get it until after Christmas.

So, to whoever sent mine, if I don’t post tomorrow to say it arrived you are unlikely to hear from me until next year as I’m out Wednesday evening, then away for Christmas and have friends staying for New Year, so I’m unlikely to be able to get to a computer until the 2nd or 3rd of January.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Express will be there "before Christmas"? Sheesh, they're slacking. You're supposed to get guaranteed overnight delivery to most places in the States. Or your money back. (Yup, I've demanded my money back before. Three times. But the other four, it worked.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yay! Almost everyone has sent their present, and most of those who haven't have sent explanations and promises to do so soon. This is compeletely fine - there is still time. [Smile] It's the December exchange. [Smile]

There is, however, ONE person who has neither confirmed nor responded to e-mails. No, there's not a chance under heaven or earth that we are going to say who it is, either now or ever. However, we know who you are. You still have time - it's still okay. [Smile] I'm sure things are crazy - that happens in December. We totally understand, and if it just can't happen for you, that's okay. Just let us know, and we'll make everything better. [Smile] Thank you for playing, everybody. [Smile]

*happily munches on the Romany truffle she brought for a snack*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
Oh and I got a great pack of goodies from Rayann. Lots of toys and stuff that’ll make it to my desk at work for hours of entertainment. Thanks!

I'm glad you like them. We tried to get blue or gold (yellow) stuff, but there just isn't much out here...

I let my kids pick what to get you. Could you tell? [Big Grin]

(You probably don't want to take the silly string to work unless you plan to decorate your boss with it. [Big Grin] )

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You probably don't want to take the silly string to work unless you plan to decorate your boss with it.
Hey, that might make for an improvement in some bosses. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly String...Never thought of that. But, when I worked as a tutor, we had a bottle of bubbles in the office, and when anyone got too stressed out, the bottle was handed to them with the advice they go out on the patio and blow a few bubbles and relax for a little while.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

So you do know who you are, and need to send your gift.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I mailed mine today through priority mail! I hope it reaches my giftee in time for Christmas, the postmaster said it would get there in two or three days.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Okay, well over 70 presents have been sent out, but there are NOT over 70 people in the Dear Secret Santa thread. [Smile] When you get your gift, please post there so we can know everything's okay and your giftee can know it arrived. [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

That's the next big step isn't it? [Smile]
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
*still waiting for my present*
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yours has been sent. [Smile]

Nobody get too antsy - there are still many, many presents still in transit. It's the December exchange, and we're barely past the middle of the month. [Smile] Everybody gets a present. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hard not to get antsy if you're going away next week, though. I can understand that. [Wink]
katharina
Member # 827

Catherine and breyerchic will be here, and I'm sure I'll be around a computer somewhere. [Smile] I'll probably check in about once a day. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

No, I mean, those of us who are going out of town and still expecting packages. They'll probably get here in the next few days, but the anxiety level goes up.
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, sorry. I did think the concern over me being gone was odd, but hey. *laugh*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Katie, you know I'm lost without you. [Razz]
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent mine UPS Ground today. That means it won't get there until next week, so my person will be getting a Boxing Day present.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I leave on Thursday, so if my gift isn't here by then, you won't hear updates from me about it until January.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing I ordered for my person FINALLY arrived today, so I will mail it out Priority tomorrow. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That person was me....I DID mail it, but I had no internet for over a week.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine. Yay! I posted in the DSS thread already.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Wow, I think that's everyone. There is one person who hasn't confirmed for sure, but at last note, the prezzie was ready and was going to be mailed out the next day, and this was a week ago, so I think it has been taken care of.

*cautiously celebrates* Yay! I think that's everyone. For anyone who has not recieved your present yet, we can say the following: It's in the mail. [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

And in January, we'll go through and figure out who hasn't recieved one. Or at least I will.
katharina
Member # 827

breyerchic and Coccinelle have done all the listy things involved in this, which is great, because listy things blow my planning circuits. [Smile]

*very happy*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Question: who was my gifter? I got an e-mail earlier, and a package today, and I'm not finding a screen name anywhere!
katharina
Member # 827

Eisenoxyde [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Listy things make me happy.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you!
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry I'm late with my thank you. Valentine014 sent 3 adorable onesies for Aerin, in my favorite pink from The Children's Place, one of my favorite stores. The best part is that they fit her now. Thank you Valentine014!

kq, I'm glad Emma likes the CDs. I would've liked to do something more elaborate and special, but I just didn't have the time. I did read that thread and I was so happy that I could at least send something I knew y'all didn't have and wanted.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick pass around here: yes, the gift has been sent. [Smile] From Romania instead of France, but I hope it arrives ok. Happy holidays to all of you!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Mrs. M, I think they are going to be Emma's favorite present this year, so don't worry about it! She really, really enjoys them. Don't feel bad, she's not old enough to care whether you made it yourself!
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.