FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2005: (Wow - is that everyone?) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2005: (Wow - is that everyone?)
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the mail. They said eight days to deliver, but that's still in plenty of time for Christmas. And there wasn't even a very long line at the post office. [Smile]

Oh, and I ended up not having any Christmas paper for the gift itself, so it's wrapped, oh, shall we say, semi-creatively. But it is wrapped. [Blushing]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* I wrapped mine in the purple wrapping paper I keep at my desk.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We will get to the store for the last part of Emma's present either today or tomorrow (Jeff is really busy today, probably tomorrow) and find a box and send it out tomorrow. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I just shoved mine in a Flat Rate Priority envelope. [Blushing] I figured my giftee wouldn't care too much, and it wouldn't have fit with paper.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is including a note with the package, right? That says who the present is from?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the mail.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet. I'm a loser. It will definitely be mailed this week and I know it will get there by Christmas. No worries. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's not wrapped. I ran out of time and patience with the post office.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasticmuppet- Don't worry, I didn't see that. ^-^
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought wrapping paper tonight. Tomorrow a trip to the post office.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Ai! I'm not ready! Sorry person-who-I-have ... it will get there!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
We're supposed to wrap them?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
>_<

I just got done with wrapping and taping up my box, and realized that I'd left the note to my person sitting next to me. [Grumble]

I wonder if I could just stick it in an envelope and tape it to the outside of the box? Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so something I would do.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Package sent, with a card, but I'm horribly not sure I have taken the register ticket from the bag... So if my giftee happen to find it, please, throw it away witout looking!
Same remark than anyone else about international mailing : I had to write what it is for the customs, so if you wan't a surprise don't read that.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, imogen: Thanks for the hugs. [Smile]

I had a minor emotional breakdown last night (about four times). But nothing serious.

I'll go shopping this weekend, and send it monday or so. I hope that's ok!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got what I think is an excellent gift... and then found out that one of the post offices I knew moved, and two others were closed. [Wall Bash] Will send it on Monday though.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm horribly not sure I have taken the register ticket from the bag.
Anna -- like anyone over here would even have an idea of how much that is in US Dollars instead of Euros... [Wink]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Wow! Did not anticipate the lines at the Post Office on a Saturday morning. Anyway, it's sent. I sent it priority mail, but have no idea what that means, so I'm not sure when it will get there.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
A saturday morning is when I'd expect the longest lines. Usually I've gotten quoted 3 to five days on prioity going from my house to about the same area yours went. I ship about 20 packages a year out, so the PO here loves me.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

The line at my post office was both brief and chatty, and the guy who rang me up was extremely friendly, so my package shipping experience was a positive one.

When my person gets their package, they should know that the address label is actually an envelope with a brief message inside.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. [Smile]

(I don't actually know who my Santa/Snowflake is, but my Spidey-sense is tingling . . . )

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I priority-mailed mine today.

Holy smokes, priority mail has gone up in price, and just in the last year. And I'm hearing some of you here quote absurdly long times for priority mail. I just assumed it was still the same two or three days it has always been before.

*bounce*

I can't wait to find out that my gift was received! [Big Grin]

[ December 10, 2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Due to an early set-back in my not-quite-foolproof gift plan, my present is not going out today. But it will go out promptly on Monday, and I am confident it will arrive where it needs to before Christmas. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I really want to know if my person got it yet. I mailed it Monday I think and it should have gotten there by now.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Everyone is including a note with the package, right? That says who the present is from?

My note is somewhere within the gift. Figured a scavenger hunt might go good with getting the gift.

Seriously, it shouldn't be difficult to find. I hope. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
it's not wrapped up and it's something I hope the person will like with something weird they might not like.
I'd like tos end another present but it will go over the limit.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I was ill last week and had 3 evening Christmas parties to attend this week, so I haven't been able to shop yet. I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to get and where to find it. I'll probably go out this afternoon and buy/package/mail (using the automated machine - I love that thing) all in one trip.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
I really want to know if my person got it yet. I mailed it Monday I think and it should have gotten there by now.

<checks the front porch yet again for packages>

Nope. Still not here.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
My person will get the first half of their present with a note explaining about the second half. The second half may not get there by Christmas, owing to a situation over which I have no control.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
My person will get the first half of their present with a note explaining about the second half. The second half may not get there by Christmas, owing to a situation over which I have no control.

This may explain why I have a package with one mitten and one slipper. I'll just hop around with my hand in my pocket until the second half arrives.

And here I was, figuring that my gifter had gotten them at a half-off sale.

Oh wait. There was no note, so I guess it wasn't from you, Brinestone.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Those were from me, Tante. I'd tell you where the others were, but then I'd have to kill you.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<hop hop hop>
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I've done my shopping! I'll send my gift on Monday. [Smile] I'm not TOO far behind, right?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We'll send Emma's out today, but since the P.O. is already closed, it won't go out until Monday-- but it should get there just fine (we're planning on Priority Mail.)
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift is on its way... according to the automated postage machine it should be delivered in 3-5 days. Yeah, right. Maybe it'll be in San Francisco in 3-5 days, but we'll see. By Christmas for sure though...
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent mine this morning; it's going to...someplace in Europe [Wink] and the guy said it would take about a week and a half. It should still be there in time for Christmas if all goes well. The next-fastest option cost nearly $20, so I had to go with this one--hope it gets there in time!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:

<checks the front porch yet again for packages>

Nope. Still not here.

Probably because it's Jersey. And not the middle of nowhere part of Jersey where I'm from [Razz]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah. I'm from the middle of somewhere! Malls to the left of me, multiplexes to the right, here I am...

I was once nowhere, but not in the middle. More like the outskirts of nowhere.

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... I am going to have to send my package out on Monday. My shopping was successful today though. I found the last two items I wanted to include, one of which needs to be crafted up.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a successful shopping trip today, so my package should be in the post (not mail, I'm British) tomorrow.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Woo-hoo! I got my gift! Thanks erosomniac! It arrived yesterday, but I only discovered it when I was on my way out the door to a party yesterday evening. Happily, the party was an hour and a half away, so I had plenty of time to listen to one of the two CDs he sent.

The CD that I listened to was by a group I'd never heard of called The Notwist, and I was pretty impressed! Good stuff. I haven't listened to the second CD yet, but it looks like it'll be fun too--it's a collection of music from Hawaii, where erosomniac is originally from. I can't wait to listen to it.

Again, thanks!

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Package sent yesterday. Whew.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Gifts purchased, wrapped and packed: will be sent tomorrow morning, hopefully to arrive by the end of the week.

And I got some shopping for my sister done too! Hooray me!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent mine on like Friday!! [Big Grin] HOORAYYYY!!!

I thought we were supposed to send by the 6th and not the 10th, so I was all like OH NO MINE IS LATE!! But it turned out I was early. [Big Grin] YAY!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Just so whoever has me knows, I had the package sent to my parents house because my success rate of getting packages that are mailed to my apartment has been 2 failures and 1 success. I told my mom to let me know when it gets there, so I can post here, but I won't be able to open it until the 17th.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is sent!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

On Friday, a UPS truck pulled up to the house. Son of Shvester and I were jumping up and down. "Presents! I hope it's for me!" It wasn't. I was the stuff I ordered for my nephew.

Yesterday, a delivery van pulled up. "Presents! Presents!" Nope. A big ole tank o' oxygen and some phlegm buckets.

But I'm keeping an eye out!
[Eek!] <-- me with my eyes out.

Noemon
Member # 1115

But Tante, I put a lot of thought into those phlegm buckets! I was sure you'd love them!

Well, so much for *that* present.

hmph!

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A big ole tank o' oxygen and some phlegm buckets.
Yes, because we needed to know about the phlegm buckets. [Eek!] (Where's that vomity smilie I ordered?)
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.