FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Zionism (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Zionism
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet I could find at least as much coverage as one can find on assorted deaths due to terrorism, mass violence, and disaster in other places in the world over the same week [Smile] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Verily, the world certainly is inured to murderous attacks on Israeli civilians.
So show me where I ever disputed that.

I don't deny that when regions get that much violence, it can cease to feel like news when violence happens there again. We hear about violence in relatively safe places, and we're shocked. We hear about violence in places like Israel or Iraq, where violence happens daily, and it all starts to feel like "so what else is new" when they announce that an attack has taken place. I agree that it's true that that happens, and I agree that it's bad that it happens.

That's not the part I took exception to. The part I took exception to was the insinuation that we only care about violence if Americans are directly affected. I found that accusation hateful and offensive.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
America doubtlessley cares more about its own citizens. America wouldn't take serious action against terrorism until there was a major terrorist atack on its own soil. If America truly cared about ending the violence in Israel or even Darfur, then there would have been serious military action.

Action is important, not posturing.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.