FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Highly, Highly Addicting

Author Topic: Highly, Highly Addicting
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

I've been mesmerised by this game for about 7 hours now. Probably 5 of them the same pattern with minor tweaking.

Wow.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
If my eyes could take it, I would no longer sleep.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it. There went my whole morning.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait...I don't understand the meaning of this game. What's the point?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. There went 30 minutes. Okay, I'm done.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with me? Why would I ever click on a link with the word addictive in it?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
The point is to destroy the ball thingy I think? I have no idea how. Could someone explain it? I have fun playing with the sand, though.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a point? All this time I was just messing around. I'm trying to make scaffolding that completely disintegrates when the oil on it is torched.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe not. Like I said, if there is a point, I have no idea how to do it. It's really fun, though.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a variant of the game of life. Google that, (I dare you) and life will never be the same again.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
The point is to destroy the ball thingy I think? I have no idea how. Could someone explain it? I have fun playing with the sand, though.

Nah, that's simple, just hit it with some salt. It explodes and you get a new one. It's a sandbox, I think.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch what happens when you make the Namekuji too small with salt.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james01
Member # 8863

- posted      Profile for james01   Email james01         Edit/Delete Post 
This thing is pretty cool.
Posts: 153 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is wrong with me? Why would I ever click on a link with the word addictive in it?
Aye, my thoughts exactly...

Salt destroys the ball thingy, but as far as I can tell, there is no point to the game.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james01
Member # 8863

Wow I'm such a pyro. I love making a ton of wax and then setting it on fire and watching it burn.
Posts: 153 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a pyro too. The ball is a slug. Salt kills it. There went 3 hours of my day.... That is the last time I click on a thread that says Addicting thinking I'm strong and can handle it... [Mad]

I'm just running it in teh background to see how long the ??? thingy keeps looping and destroying everything (except the plant that seems to slow it down in enough places that it can keep looping).

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
what is the cera? that's the only one I don't quite get.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
gah! I clicked it, fiddled with it for 2 seconds and got bored, then was more bored just staring at the screen, and now i've found a new obsession
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I can tell, cera is like the wall, except that it burns (though very slowly).
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't get it to work...
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Cera is wax Mr.Funny.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james01
Member # 8863

Yup, it's wax. If you read the what do you do with this links, it tells you that.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I want to know what the ??? is, it gets rid of everything but plant.
james01
Member # 8863

Atomic bomb?
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I made mine pretty by writing Chinese characters with the spout. They turned into really nice waterfalls after a while.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

I think it is an bacteria. If you build plant walls, the bacteria will do loops. I eventually had to close the window because it kept going on and on... All night I've kept wanting to mess with it again... Arg...
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I just didn't see the point. [Dont Know]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, that's such a fun game. I've played it before, and it's just fun to fool around and experiment with it.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, this is the older version of the game, the new one has a little bit more depth to it. http://ishi.blog2.fc2.com/blog-entry-164.html
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

Hey, a cool way to make fireworks is to put a wall at the bottom (make sure slug is doing something else so it doesn't eat it away), then make your pen size 32, and fill the whole screen with salt. Sit back and watch fireworks.
Dasa
Member # 8968

- posted      Profile for Dasa   Email Dasa         Edit/Delete Post 
More addictive games here:

Waste your time here

This one scores right at the top though, so if you can break this habit the others might be easier [Smile]

Posts: 107 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

quote:
Originally posted by Hamson:
Wait, this is the older version of the game, the new one has a little bit more depth to it. http://ishi.blog2.fc2.com/blog-entry-164.html

MUST.

RESIST.

I'M SUPPOSE TO BE IN BED..............

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
EL! I'm going to kill you!!

Right after I finish playing... O_O

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james01
Member # 8863

OMG you can set the zombies on FIRE.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

Turn off all of the spouts (salt sand water oil), select water, size 32, put on snig until it is really big, almost full screen. Get 50 zombies, then select fire and set the snig aflame. Watch zombies roast.

Set oil on fire. The oil spout should be aflame, but nothing else. Put a water spout next to oil spout (at top). Put plant below the spout, at the bottom. Watch plant grow up to the top of the screen, then it touches the oil that is on fire, and watch it burn!

james01
Member # 8863

mmm burning
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
haLP I'm addictedz0r! O.o
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of those on the addicting website games I've been addicted to for many moons in other times. Especially the soda constructor.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Does anybody still play this?

*runs off laughing maniacally at all the wasted productivity that ensues*

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I still do, now and then, but I play it through the links at www.fallingsandgame.com. It has a "small" version that will run better on my crappy work computer.

My goal, usually, is to create a pattern that is as complicated as possible, and yet is able to "self-cleanse" ... ie, once it starts burning, it burns totally to cinders, all Spouts are destroyed, all Salt, Sand, and Water are dumped (or in the latter case, turned to Plant and burned), and all Wax and Plant are gone. Without my having to help the process along once the conflagration begins.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh how I love burning everything at the end.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I still don't see the point.

But then, this would also be why Las Vegas is wasted on me.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.