FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sasha Quote of the Day (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sasha Quote of the Day
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
many people seem to enjoy my Sasha stories, so I decided to formalize them in a "Sasha Quote of the Day." Every day I will strive to add yet another morsel of wisdom, wit, or hilarity from my 5 year old.

Today's Quote:

"That was good fish you made Papa."
Papa: "Thank you. It was chicken."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to do it, I will. I have to say it, "Aww, that is so cute. It sounds like something I would say when I was just a lad."

There see, now you've done it. You made me say it.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the funny part was when I was visiting Telp a couple (few?) months ago. I brought up the topic on how we hadn't heard from you on Sasha in quite a while. Dude, all I can say is that we both believe you have the coolest kid ever.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great. Sasha should be on the show "kids say the darndest thing."
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
So cute! [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, yeah, the kid is cute and all, but I worry about the pressure that his father is putting on him to produce a new cute quote every day. It'd be just awful Sasha cracked under the pressure, rebelled against parental expectations, and became decidedly un-cute.

So please, Dan, be careful and sensitive to your little cutie! I'd hate to see him crumble under the pressure.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Don't worry Tante, what he doesn't know won't hurt me. He won't know about these quotes for years.

"I brush my teeth real fast. I have horses in my mouth and we race."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Words can't express how glad I am the internet wasn't around (in an easy, user-friendly form) when I was little. But then, I wasn't nearly so cute as Sasha.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"Would you be my valentine's day Papa?" said Sasha as he handed me his homemade Valentine's card.

"Yes I will. What are those?"

"That's Momma's heart and your heart in our house."

"But what is that on the hearts?"

"Those are shields, to protect them from those arrows."

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
rofl. So adorable.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, so sweet.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"1,2,3,4,5...."

When your children learn the magic and powers of numbers nothing is more exciting.

"11,12,13,14...."

When they get past those nasty teen numbers (Why don't we make life easier and change their names to one-teen, twoteen, threeteen, or teenyone, teenytwo etc.) and discover the pattern that is our numerical system, you rejoice.

"78,79,80,81..."
"101,102,103,104...."

Somewhere about the third time they decide to count past 326 you are ready to pull your hair out and scream.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. I have a fair amount of patience. After it got annoying, I would probably just start counting with them. Only in another language or something.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I think this will be one of my favorite threads, if it isn't already.

Perhaps it should be declared a landmark after a year or so?

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"I am the big boss, I have the biggest car."

And people feared he wouldn't fit into American culture.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
AWWW!!!
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Ok, its been a few days, but todays...

To his parents: "I want to be a firefighter when I grow up. What do you want to be when you grow up?"

signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what do you want to be? [Big Grin]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one time my dad and I went to visit an old high school friend of his... and her four year old son ran up to us and asked "do you two have any kids?"

We had no idea how to respond... it was adorable.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, more Sasha quotes! [Smile]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I thought these were gonna be Ali G quotes...
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"I drew this picture of the Wookie Space Ship all by myself. The idea just came right out of my brain. I love my brain."

Do you love your brain?

PS Signal, I'm not gonna tell.

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies from the cute*

I love his brain too!

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Sasha, playing soldier....
"Hit two three four, hit, two, three, four. Horrid March!"

He's got a lot to learn about soldiering, I think.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like he's got it down pretty accurately!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Sasha--Singing, "Bill the bob-ber, Bill the bob-ber" (instead of Bob the Builder Song)

What does that mean? Ask Bob.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! So cute! [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Sasha, telling a long involved story he's making up on the way home..."and then in came the Wookie-Dragon. It was the biggest dragon of them all. I mean it could destroy how cities, lots of them...."

Ok, this isn't that cute or deep, but you have to admit...

Wookie-Dragons.

I mean, that is about the most awesome thing one can imagine.

Every nerd cell in my body smiled when he said that.

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]

That's awesome.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"Papa, I fooled all the kids at school today. I told them I got this shirt...from Target."

I stared. It was an average Batman shirt. "You told them you got it at Target--and that is a good thing?" He was bragging about the name brand shirt--and the name brand was Target?

Sasha, laughing, "yes."

"Look over to there." He turned his head. "Now look down." He did. "No, Mom, his neck doesn't look red."

She swacked me upside the head when Sasha wasn't looking.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Kawaii desu ne! You should post a pic of the cutie.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

"Yo wa Palpatine, I'm gonna git cha."

He was Samuel Jackson the way he should have played a Jedi. If he would have ended the phrase with "Sucka" I would have fallen down laughing.

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Rofl.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

This is more of a Momma quote:

Momma, chasing the pantsless Sasha, "Come back her my Little Tush."

Sasha stopped, turned to her, put his hands on his hips and proclaimed. "I am not a Little Tush. You are a Little Tush!"

"What?" asked Momma, take aback by the comment.

"You're a Little Tush" Sasha responded defiantly.

Momma smiled and gave him a great big hug. "Thank you."

Sasha was confused.

Pappa was hiding his laughter so as not to get hit.

KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, that one will probably puzzle him for years!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That's great! I agree with whoever said "Kawaii desu"

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

This one is mine:

In a nice Italian Restaurant, my voice echoes in its best demanding voice..."Sasha, if you count to infinity I'm taking you right out to the car without your dinner!"

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Said in a perfectly calm and ordinary voice. "Momma, when you are off next week and we are together, don't yell at me. I'm allergic to being yelled at."
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, poor kid. Me too.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm allergic to being yelled at too. I'm going to have to remember that one.

Dan, I really want to meet Sasha, because he just seems like the coolest person ever!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I share Shasha's puzzlement, what's a little tush?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
tush=keister. Hope that clears it up [Smile]
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.