FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thought I'd share these unusual and useless facts (now with a game) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thought I'd share these unusual and useless facts (now with a game)
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Coca - Cola was originally green.
2. The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
3. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
4. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only in one row of the keyboard.
5. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
6. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
7. It's impossible to lick your own elbow.
8. People said "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
9. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
10. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
11. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
12. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history:
Spades - King David.
Clubs - Alexander the Great.
Hearts - Charlemagne.
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
13. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
14. If a statue of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
15. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result
of wounds received in the battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
16. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Answer : All are invented by women.
17. Question - What's the only food that doesn't spoil. Answer : Honey
18. A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
19. A snail can sleep for three years.
20. All polar bears are left handed.
21. Butterflies taste with their feet.
22. In the last 4000 years, no new animals has been domesticated.
23. On average,peoples fear spiders more than they fear death.
24. Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
25. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
26. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
27. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
28. Rats can multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
29. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
30. The cigarette lighter was invented before the matches.
31. Like the fingerprints, everyone's tongue print are different.
32. 99% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.
33. A blue whale ejaculates 300, 000 gallons of sperm.
34. Ostriches are often not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and
the males can roar like lions.
35. Sloths take two weeks to digest their food
36. Deer can't eat hay
37. The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
38. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
39. Elephants can smell water from as far away as three miles.
40. Cows are the only mammals that pee backwards.
41. Snakes don’t bite in rivers or swamps because they would drown if they did.
42. Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms per day
43. The longest recorded life span of a camel was 35 years, 5 months
44. In South Africa, termites are often roasted and eaten by the handful, like
pretzels or popcorn.
45. Burger King® uses approximately 1/2 million pounds of bacon every month in its restaurants
46. Beer is made by fermentation cause by bacteria feeding on yeast cells and then defecating. In other words, it's a nice tall glass of bacteria doo-doo
47. More people are killed by donkeys every year than airplanes.

More are welcome.

edit to add: Dick Cheney's Quail Hunting School. Rather than start a new topic.

[ March 02, 2006, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
#33 -- I assume that's over a lifetime since the volume occupied by that much whale ejectate would be larger than the whale by a HUGE margin.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People said "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
No. While it may be true that your heart stops for a milisecond, this does not bear at all on people's reaction to your sneeze.

Snopes doesn't destroy your claim, but it does point to the fact that 'Bless You!', or its variants, is an old custom. Certainly, it existed before people were able to measure miliseconds of time...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Numbers 14 & 15 are false as well, I'm pretty sure. . . yep, here's the snopes. I would suspect the rest of the list is poorly fact-checked as well. [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Here are a list of other words Shakespeare supposedly invented:

List

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
48. Sub-saharan Africa is the region with both the highest fertility and the highest infertility in the world, according to the World Heath Organization.

49. By the treaty in which it joined the US, Texas can at any time split into 5 smaller states, thus gaining 8 Senators and dominating the Senate. It's all part of Dubya's plan.

50. The woman is placed on the left in Christian marriage ceremonies because left is considered evil (for example, sinister means both evil and left). Woman are considered more evil than men because Eve caused the fall of mankind.

Minutes after I told a girl about #50 (OK, I'm a terrible flirter), another Cambodian girl (who had not heard me talk about #50) told about a Cambodian belief that left eye twitches are evil. I could have kissed her.

You got me on #32.

Extending #8, the blessing is given because of a medieval belief that at that moment, the Devil can steal your soul.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Coca Cola was never green according to snopes.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
Yeah, like North AmericaN, and South AmericaS.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People said "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
Nope. They say "Bless you" because what else in the world are they going to say?

You're soooo good-looking

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
So much for having a bit o fun. Albeit, I doubted the truthness of some, but I wasn't going to go through each and every one to verify. I have to get sleep sometime today. Speaking of which, I've been awake all night at work. It was a very active work day to say the least. Too many briefings and even more rework to be done.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
snopes.com is your friend, and it's quick!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
50. The woman is placed on the left in Christian marriage ceremonies because left is considered evil (for example, sinister means both evil and left). Woman are considered more evil than men because Eve caused the fall of mankind.
OH! Now I understand why Mormons aren't Christians-- in OUR marriage cermonies, the man and woman face eachother.

[Big Grin]

#50 (edited): In Christian marriage ceremonies, the woman is placed on the left hand of the man, because God is supposed to be on his right hand.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Claiming something is a fact means you are saying it is TRUE. Seems to me that's a claim one should be hesitant to make without verification.

'Specially round these parts. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, MOST of these are false at some level. For example, "North America" and "South America" are two different continents, and neither starts with the same letter as its last. I personally know a contortionist who can lick her own elbow. And matches predate cigarette lighters by some three hundred years, although modern matches are only fifty years old.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Well... honey can ferment, under the right conditions; it can also crystalize.

I guess it depends on the definition of the word 'spoil.' I certainly wouldn't sell any of my honey that had fermented or crystallized...

Morbo
Member # 5309

I notice none of you kibitzers put up your own fun facts to be sniped at. . [No No] .
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2. The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
Eurasia?

As for my own fun fact...hm...I'll have to get back to you.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Lewis
Member # 9192

- posted      Profile for Rich Lewis   Email Rich Lewis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A bee expert I interviewed a few years ago was brought to Egypt to examine some crystalized honey found in a container in a recently opened burial crypt. He said it was an incredible find and offered a huge amount of information about the plantlife in the area when the honey was first harvested (bits of pollen are trapped in the honey).

He and the other researchers, however, couldn't help but put some of the crystals in a microwave oven for a moment to bring it back to the liquid honey state. He said it tasted amazing, like three thousand years of history captured in a spoon.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stan the man:

And someone has gone out and checked every polar bear in existence? Not a job I'd want. [Wink]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
South America does not end with the same letter it starts with.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Which has now been mentioned three times in this thread. [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

51. On average there are 100 million acts of intercourse between men and women on Earth every day. From the same WHO press release as #48.
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
He said it tasted amazing, like three thousand years of history captured in a spoon.
Yuck. Did you point out that the three thousand years of history that honey had seen was all sand and corpses?
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
quote:
No. While it may be true that your heart stops for a milisecond, this does not bear at all on people's reaction to your sneeze.

Snopes doesn't destroy your claim, but it does point to the fact that 'Bless You!', or its variants, is an old custom. Certainly, it existed before people were able to measure miliseconds of time...

[Big Grin]

There's a midrash (Jewish legend) that until the time of Jacob, when you sneezed, you died. Just... died. That midrash probably dates from at least 1800 years ago.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Thank goodness for Jacob. He made it possible to eat pepper.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
While I'm sure a lot will, I doubt it's anywhere near 99%, especially because the elbow licking thing is well known so just about everyone has already tried it. It didn't occur to me to try again until I read #32. Still didn't, just out of spite. [Razz]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlemissattitude:
quote:
Originally posted by Stan the man:

And someone has gone out and checked every polar bear in existence? Not a job I'd want. [Wink]
What exactly does left handed mean for a polar bear anyways?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
51. On average there are 100 million acts of intercourse between men and women on Earth every day. From the same WHO press release as #48.

And who's counting?
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirrored Shades
Member # 8957

- posted      Profile for Mirrored Shades           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew someone who could lick his own elbow. One of the nastiest things I've ever seen, because he had to shove his shoulder way farther back than it should have been able to go... Ick.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panagea!!!!!

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

1. Coca - Cola was originally green.
Good move, Coke Execs, on the re-thinking of that color!
North and South America aren't really continents -- they are new world upstarts
3. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
No wonder they are maxed out
4. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only in one row of the keyboard.
'Cause I guess "typewriterer" isn't a word.
5. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
but men wink four times as much [Wink]
6. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
But you can kill someone else by holding theirs
7. It's impossible to lick your own elbow.
And not really advisable to lick someone else's either
8. People said "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
Nah, your heart stops first; the sneeze is nature's defibrillator
9. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
There may just be a market for piggy periscopes...
10. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
Perhaps the sheik picked up some sort of sheep disease. Remember, kids -- use protection!
11. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
That might make your heart stop for even longer than a millisecond
Spades - King David.
Hearts - Charlemagne.
OK, so I get the bit about the kings and the queens. But who in the world is "Jack"? All hail the "Jack of England!"
13. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
Who knew?
14. If a statue of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
Did it have to do with unstable horse footing?
15. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result
of wounds received in the battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Are there any statues of riders who aren't dead?
16. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Answer : All are invented by women.
You guys would be bullet-ridden, burnt up, driving blind, and still using those horrible dot-matrix printers if it weren't for us.
And Soylent Green
18. A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
Or chooses not to
19. A snail can sleep for three years.
There may just be a market for snail alarm clocks
It's true. I just surveyed a bunch of them, and they all raised their left hands
21. Butterflies taste with their feet.
And my feet smell
22. In the last 4000 years, no new animals has been domesticated.
I've barely domesticated my kid
23. On average,peoples fear spiders more than they fear death.
Which is why I carry suicide cyanide pills with me, to use in event of arachnid encounters
24. Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
Hark! What footfall upon the cobbles? Yon swain hath been bumped off in an assassination
25. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
Which is why stewardesses are so beloved by polar bears
26. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
Perhaps they are all left-handed, too
27. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
Why am I not surprised?
28. Rats can multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
I hope they don't have a family reunion in MY basement [Angst]
29. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
Especially if you listen to filthy lyrics
30. The cigarette lighter was invented before the matches.
If by cigarette lighter, you mean a chunk of flint banged together with a chunk of iron pyrite to create a spark, then, yeah, I guess so.
31. Like the fingerprints, everyone's tongue print are different.
Who's taking tongue prints?
I must be in the other 1%
33. A blue whale ejaculates 300, 000 gallons of sperm.
Leaving a very satisfied Mrs. Whale
34. Ostriches are often not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and
the males can roar like lions.
Seriously?
35. Sloths take two weeks to digest their food
Perhaps there's a market for sloth Ex-Lax...
36. Deer can't eat hay
Or choose not to
37. The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
That's why I keep promising my squirrel that I'll get him a new bike for his 10th birthday
Which is good, because it is hard to get them to consistently use condoms
And lemonade from even further away than that
40. Cows are the only mammals that pee backwards.
Pee backwards? What does THAT mean?
41. Snakes don’t bite in rivers or swamps because they would drown if they did.
And that would be a real shame
42. Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms per day
And I didn't even know that earthworms HAD feet
43. The longest recorded life span of a camel was 35 years, 5 months
I wonder what the longest recorded life span is for someone who smokes Camels?
pretzels or popcorn.
I'll bet there's got to be a market for pretzels and popcorn in South Africa
45. Burger King® uses approximately 1/2 million pounds of bacon every month in its restaurants
Hey piggies! Better look up! Oh yeah, you can't [Taunt]
46. Beer is made by fermentation cause by bacteria feeding on yeast cells and then defecating. In other words, it's a nice tall glass of bacteria doo-doo
Actually, it is yeast pee-pee, but who wants to quibble about micro-organism waste products?
47. More people are killed by donkeys every year than airplanes.
And what are the security procedures at our nation's barns and stables? Does the Department of Homeland Security know about this?

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

'nough said

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Tante just cracks me up. [Smile] I was holding in most of the giggles until this one:

quote:
pretzels or popcorn.
I'll bet there's got to be a market for pretzels and popcorn in South Africa

That's just great. [Smile]
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dav
Member # 8217

- posted      Profile for Dav           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
that's hilarious Tante!

Posts: 120 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
For me it was
quote:
Which is good, because it is hard to get them to consistently use condoms

that actually got me laughing aloud. Funny stuff, Tante.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
26. Ants fall onto their right side while intoxicated.

Teehee. Can you imagine the research behind that fact? I wonder how the scientists describe their work, "Well you see I am in charge of an elite group. We spend all day getting ants drunk enough to fall over"

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be an ant.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
I dont care if you might already be married, Tante, Ive decided to marry you. [Big Grin]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Nope. They say "Bless you" because what else in the world are they going to say?

You're soooo good-looking

How about "Geseundheit"? [Razz]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Feeling better now that I got some sleep. Albiet, I have to acclimate myself to the switch of going into 1st shift now. This has finally gone the way intended. I didn't mind so much the critqueing, but no one was having fun with it after that. It was just a slam, which I didn't care for. Critique all you want, just try to have some fun too.

Also:

52. A single chocolate chip gives enough energy to a human being to walk 150 feet.
53. Chocolate was used as medicine during the 18th century. It was believed that chocolate could cure a stomach ache.
54. In 1868, the first box of Valentine's Day chocolates were introduced by Richard Cadbury
55. The amount of Kit Kat chocolate bars that are made at the York factory every 15 minutes are enough to outstack the Eiffel Tower.
56. The name "Snickers" for the popular candy bar was named after a horse that the Mars family owned.
57. When the Pez mint dispenser was first introduced it was meant to replace the activity of smoking.

Morbo
Member # 5309

quote:
Originally posted by Artemisia Tridentata:
quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:

And who's counting?
The figure was arrived at by WHO (so yes, WHO's counting) by correlating birth control usage and failure rates, average fertility and infertility rates, and the number of pregnancies and births. I guess post-menopausal women were more of a guesstimate, and homosexual sex is under the radar.

My #48 is at first glance a paradox, but it's not. There are lots of infertile Sub-Saharan African women (because of disease and poor nutrition?), but the women there who are fertile have so many children they make up the difference.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, those were awesome. [Big Grin]

SL, not every time someone sneezed. You just never knew which sneeze would be your last. Hence the "God bless you!"

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stasia
Member # 9122

- posted      Profile for Stasia   Email Stasia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And lemonade from even further away than that
[/QB]

[ROFL]
Posts: 82 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear I first read that one "fact" as "32.99% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow." I was wondering why they just didn't round up to 33%. [Smile]

Oh, and Tante wins this thread. [Hail]

Oh#2, number 41 is unmitigated BS.

[ March 02, 2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:

Oh, and Tante wins this thread.

Hooray! I win!

I owe it all to years of practice making smart-alecky remarks.

sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
58. 64.32% of all statistics are made up on the spot. [Big Grin]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Spades - King David.
Hearts - Charlemagne.
OK, so I get the bit about the kings and the queens. But who in the world is "Jack"? All hail the "Jack of England!"

I'll second Tante winning the thread.

quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:

Oh#2, number 41 is unmitigated BS.

I'm pretty sure that most of them are.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

I officially proclaim this to be the lengthiest topic I have ever started. WOOT! All I had to do was get myself torn apart to do it. LOL.
Morbo
Member # 5309

Not mine! I was tricked by the Man!

"Once you wanted revolution / But now you're the institution / How's it feel to be The Man?"--"The Ascent of Stan", Ben Folds

Morbo
Member # 5309

Just kidding.
Where did the list come from anyway?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.