FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For all sick Hatrackers, come here for sympathy (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For all sick Hatrackers, come here for sympathy
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, you never told us if you were feeling better! Would you like some soup? I'm making Beef, barley, and vegetable soup right now, if you'd like some. It's Kosher, too!

I am feeling MUCH better. I had diarrhea a couple days ago, and now the period cramps are hitting me hard, but the Midol is kicking in, and I had a snow day today, so I'm pretty much recuperated.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a sore throat, snot, and my period.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Romanylass! Have some soup, and Midol. I've heard that Sprite is good for some sore throats, but it depends on what kind you have. Feel better!
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Tinros, I thought I was coming down with the flu or something. It turned out to be a lupus flare-up, which has the advantage of not being contagious to the rest of my family and co-workers (and patients!). So, after a couple of days of shivering under the covers, I got up and went back to my daily routine. Now I'm feeling about 75% normal, but I have a funky face rash (and no, that's not me, just a picture of a face rash).

Romanylass, I'm sorry you feel yucky. Having a cold always makes your period feel worse and having your period always makes a cold feel worse. You know when you eat a pineapple, and you pick up the rind bit and try to nibble on the bits of pineapple flesh that are on the rind bit? And how that always lands up irritating the corners of your mouth? Well, in my experience, it is the nature of pineapple to do this, and that irritating effect can be put to good use when you have a sore throat. Sipping pineapple juice is soothing to a sore throat because the pineapple acts as a counter-irritant. Whenever I have a sore throat, I find myself wishing for pineapple juice. Oh, and jello, because it slips past my sore throat in such a cool and slippery way.

Otherwise, chicken soup is always appropriate. Rumor says that it will make you feel better. I like Aleve better than Midol for cramps because it works better and lasts longer. Sometimes by the time the Aleve wears off, so have the worst of the cramps.

And for snot, no one has come up with a better treatment than the nice Kleenex with built-in lotion. They stink for wiping your glasses, but, hey, that's what the hem of your shirt is for.

You have my permission to sulk under a cuddly Afghan for the rest of the evening, and send your family on errands of pineapple juice and Aleve. If they give you a hard time, you tell them that Tante told you to! Feel better, honey! Tsk tsk tsk (sympathetic clucking)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.