FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Muppet trivia of the day: (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Muppet trivia of the day:
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. He not only is continually crammed down one's throat, but he's used to steal Kermit's thunder.

Nope, not a Pepe fan.

Saying that out of the new (i.e. "Muppets Tonight" characters) Muppets he was the best is nothing to write home about. Johnny Fiama, Bobo the Bear, Mr. Poodlepants...anyone would look good compared to such characters.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, when did Snuffy become visible? I distictly remember that he was still invisible in the early 1990s, but I could be completely wrong. Tell me Puffy Treat, oh knower of amazing Muppet trivia!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked it up, he became visible in the 80s, but I know there were episodes where he was invisible after I was born (which was 86).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I was there the day that Snuffy came out of the closet. It was a momentous day and I was rather glad to see the grown ups feel all sheepish after they had doubted Big Bird for so long.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yep, I was there the day that Snuffy came out of the closet.
So we're just waiting for Bert, now?
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie keeps him opressed, its a very sad relationship actually.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
Yep, I was there the day that Snuffy came out of the closet. It was a momentous day and I was rather glad to see the grown ups feel all sheepish after they had doubted Big Bird for so long.

I remember too! (I wasn't watching SS that often by that time, but my mom heard about it in advance (newspaper? radio? I don't remember) and we watched the groundbreaking episode.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Bert has never denied that he's a very boring person who likes dancing the Pigeon and collecting bottlecaps. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question:

In The Muppet Movie, what is the name of the gentleman who draws up the standard "Rich and Famous" contract for Kermit and company?

Bonus question: Who played him?

docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got the bonus question. Orson Wells. No idea what his name was.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Correct, he was played by Orson Wells.

The character was named Lew Lord...partially in tribute to Lord Grade, the man who made The Muppet Show possible.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

This film is the last project the late Richard Hunt (Scooter, Janice, Beaker, many others) recorded dialogue for. Name the film.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Name the film? President Bush's 2002 State of the Union Address.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
My older brother and I used to pretend we were Bert and Ernie. He was Bert, I was Ernie.

I never understood why ANYONE would choose to be the Bert of that duo. To this day, I don't really understand my older brother.

I mean...weird.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

When we were kids, we always thought Bert reminded us of Thomas S Monson. Part of that was the pigeon thing.

But part of it was the way the local stake center's projector always stretched his head out on the screen during confrence . . .

And speaking of Richard Hunt, my father in law still calls my wife Beaker, because of the way she talked when she was a toddler . . .

I thought these questions would get easier once we got away from Fraggles. Not having cable as a kid kills me on those . . .

But alas, I am still being schooled.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The film was MuppetVision 3*D, currently viewable only as the Disney theme parks.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question:

This TV special was broadcast as an episode of The Jim Henson Hour in 1989, won Jim Henson an Emmy for best direction, and later inspired a spin-off animated series.

Name the special.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
My older brother and I used to pretend we were Bert and Ernie. He was Bert, I was Ernie.

I never understood why ANYONE would choose to be the Bert of that duo. To this day, I don't really understand my older brother.

I mean...weird.

Scott, my older brother idolized Bert as well. He expressed this in a number of ways, including collecting bottle caps and attempting to develop a taste for plain soda water (he disliked it, and would pour it out if he thought that no one was watching, but he insisted that it was delicious.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know the answer, but just have to say again how much I like this thread. Go Puffy! Hooray!

[ April 01, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: sweetbaboo ]

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
Muppet variety #6: The Heartless Giant
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Answer: Dog City
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question:

How tall is the average Fraggle?

andi330
Member # 8572

18 inches
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

andi is correct!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

re: Bert and Ernie...the characters were developed from the idea of having a child character on the show who would continually get the better of adults. It was decided that such would be too "Dennis the Menace"...but Jim Henson kept at the idea, altering it to a playful, child-like character who was continually joking around with a stody, adult-like character. Hence Bert and Ernie were born.

And a trivia question: What is the name of Bert's baby nephew?

(He only turned up once, but it was a very memorable skit.)

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
His name is Brad. And he has red hair.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

Brad
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Boris & andi are correct!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question: What is the name of the pink creatures seen during the "Mahna Mahna" number?
andi330
Member # 8572

The Snowths
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You just had to put that song in my head. @#$@#$@#!
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Do-Dooo Do-Do-Doot!
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

It's a cool song, but I prefer the song about worms
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

andi is correct.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question:

The Muppets Take Manhattan was directed by Frank Oz, except for one memorable sequence. What was the sequence, and who directed it?

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Answer: The "Rizzo and the Rats Cook Breakfast" dance number.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
who directed it?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Today's question:

Once Jim Henson had the idea of producing twelve "Storybook Specials". The Henson company would hire a children's storybook illustrator to design characters and a setting...the Muppet workshop would then build them, and a high quality family special would be the result. Of the twelve planned, only two were made before the project was discontinued.

What were the titles of the two specials?

Bonus question:

What character was spun off from one of the specials into various Muppet projects of the late 80s-early 90s?

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it Sweetums?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Sweetums predates this particular project. [Smile]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Tale of the Bunnies Picnic and The Christmas Toy. Bean Bunny, a character from "Bunnies Picnic" was for a few years included as part of the "core Muppet cast" on later TV series, specials, and films.
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
question?
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

I guess i need to re-watch the Christmas Toy, one of my favorite movies growing up -- i don't remember Bean being in that at all!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I didn't say Bean was in "Christmas Toy". [Confused]
andi330
Member # 8572

What's the new question?
Leonide
Member # 4157

Ah, i misread. I thought your post said Bean was spun off from both the specials, not just the one [Smile]
docmagik
Member # 1131

Alright, I'll ask a question.

"Telly" the monster was originally designed with a very differrent personality. The only thing that ended up being used of the initial idea was the name. What was the idea, why was it scrapped, and what did they go with instead?

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Telly was originally going to be the "Television Monster"...just as Cookie Monster is obsessed with cookies, he would be obsessed with watching TV.

CTW decided this might be looked as as advocating poor TV viewing habits, so they made Telly a highly nervous, uncertain, angst-ridden, yet somehow lovable monster instead.

[ April 08, 2006, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

My question for today:

The Muppets Visit Walt Disney World was one of the last TV specials Jim Henson ever made. Part of the original Disney-Muppet deal, it featured the "core" Muppets visiting attractions at the Walt Disney World theme parks, as well as several musical numbers.

One of these musical numbers raised eyebrows from the Disney people, but made the cut because it was felt to be so light-hearted and innocent that no one would be offended.

What was the number? And in what context was is sung?

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

"Come on monsters, you don't have to cry...we can be HAPPY!"

This isn't a question, but this video never fails to crack me up. [ROFL]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.