FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vote for my granny! UPDATE: She won!

Author Topic: Vote for my granny! UPDATE: She won!
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
A relative of mine just sent this to me. It is a contest my beloved granny and her boyfirend have entered where the winner of the best love story gets a cruise from Southwest Airlines. Please vote for her! I read them all and hers really is the best!

quote:
VOTE for Clyde and Edna (story #4) to win Southwest Airlines LUV story contest. They are one of five finalist couples from over 2000 entries and they can win a free cruise. After you vote, you can enter to win a trip to Las Vegas just for voting. (See the voting page for details.)

Go to http://southwest.eprize.net/luvstory/ cast your vote for one of the five finalists. (Note: Do not use “www” in the address.)

You will be asked for a phone number which will act as a registration number. You are allowed to vote once per day. (Note: the instructions say, “Only one vote per day per customer.” We have gotten clarification of the term “customer” as meaning anyone who votes.

Make sure your pop-up blocker is off (I didn't get any pop-ups other than the stories). For some reason (spam I guess) it asks for a phone number. I made one up and it works just as well. Please vote!

[ April 22, 2006, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: MandyM ]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted! [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted! That is so adorable.

My boyfriend (of 3 years) and I could never enter one of those contests: "We met and it was love at first sight, but unfortunately both of our significant others weren't too pleased about that when they figured it out"

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!

That's such a lovely story.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!

They look so cute.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
how old is your grandmother? just curious.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vamp96
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for Vamp96   Email Vamp96         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted! Neat story.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone votes for the grannies and grampas!

Well, 5.833% of the public

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_-_Gimla%27ey_Yisrael_LaKneset

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted. Theirs was by far the best story.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Thanks guys! I think it is so cute that their story is there with all those young people.

My granny is now 83. She acts like a teenager in love when he calls too. She gets all giddy and silly. I just love that she has found a companion to make her happy so late in her life. They go out dancing and on vacations together and she would rather go see him for holidays than stay with us.

[ April 05, 2006, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: MandyM ]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

shameful bump
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, that was adorable. Voted!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.T.
Member # 8665

- posted      Profile for K.T.   Email K.T.         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted...were they chosen from a bigger group as finalists?
Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Yes, the site says something like 2000 applicants entered so it is amazing that they are finalists. Thanks for all the votes. It is not the trip that will thrill them; it is having the best story that will just tickle my granny to pieces. [Smile]
MandyM
Member # 8375

bump again
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted again
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

bump:)

[ April 07, 2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: MandyM ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, keep bumping it, we can vote once per day, so lets keep it up till they win [Big Grin]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

bump
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
voted
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!

*so cute*

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Thanks so much for voting everyone!
MandyM
Member # 8375

Just wanted to give everyone an update. My granny got a call today telling her she won the contest. She and her boyfriend get to go on the cruise! This was great news for her today. She has had a rough week since she had to put her dog to sleep. Thanks everyone for voting and making her day brighter! I love Hatrack!
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Very cool! I am sure she got some real help from Hatrack, too, I know I voted more than once. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You should put the "She Won!" in the title. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.