FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » May Revel 2006 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: May Revel 2006
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragonwood is her home. The nearest town is Kempton, I think.

*still hoping for a rideshare from the South somewhere*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about 1.5 hours due north of Indianapolis.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Kempton appears to be between Tipton and Frankfort, south of Kokomo. (I was thinking the Kokomo area)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*de-lurks long enough to whine "Not fair that I live on the west coast and all the fun and games are taking place in the midwest . . .
Have fun y'all!" . . . re-lurks*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Oh, there'll be fun and games on the East Coast, too.

Oh, wait. That didn't help, did it? [Evil]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Kempton is the closest town. I'm actually on the county line between Tipton and Clinton counties. Those who are definitely planning on coming will recieve an invitation with a MAP. (Once my hubby helps me draw it). I named the place Dragonwood; it's not that way on any map but my own.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, after not getting the job I wanted in Kentucky, it looks like I will finally be free to come this year. Ken will probably tag along too, if he can get the time off. I just sent you an email.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Got your email, Jenny. I'm looking forward to the invitation. My address is in a subsequent email that I sent you.

What kinds of things should we bring with us, in terms of food, lawnchairs, blankets, etc?

It's going to be a lot of fun meeting new Hatrackers and getting to catch up with those I've already met.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall discuss with Mr. Opera. The drive would be about 3 1/2 hours for us, plus probably an additional hour for baby stops.

Oh, and if Jenny has named her house it's only fair that I name mine. What would be a fitting name, I wonder? Oh, that's right - Yee Olde House of Messiness.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

That was a low blow, Karl . . .

[Cry]

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody bringing lawn chairs, picnic blankets, or lawn toys (Frisbees,bubbles, Bocci, etc.) will be thanked profusely!

Food should be along the lines of cheeses you've never heard of before, fresh fruit, nice crackers to put the cheese on, and other hoity-toity snacks. Fresh veggies are good, too.

Space Opera, I hope your family can make it! I know it's a long trip in the car with a baby. We had to travel that far for a funeral just days after Little Crow was born. Yikes! Hopefully Space Space Baby is a good carseat sleeper...

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I'm not sure how much room Karl will have for lawn chairs, but I've got a pile of those solid one piece plastic resin chairs that I can bring if there's space.

There are quite a few cheeses that I've been wishing I had an excuse to try, so that sounds good, as does the fruit.

My email message with my physical address in it failed to get through to you, just FYI; I received the final failure message for it yesterday.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

I drive a hatchback. We could probably fit a couple of extra chairs. (Which reminds me that I really need to clean out the car.)

Shan, you'll just have to hook up with Chris and me in Sacramento/Napa while where out there the last week in May!

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, I hesitate to mention it, because it's still pretty tentative. But I may be in Seattle the week of 5/22 for work. I would have the evenings free, and would love to meet up. [Smile] Right now I'd say it's only a 50/50 chance, but I'll certainly post about it if it's going to happen.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*emerges from the land of lurking*

I will have to check my work calendar, but assuming they haven't decided to flaunt their hatred of life outside of theatre, I'll be taking one of Stray's extra seats...

*finds nearest hole to lurk in*

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll make it, I've talked to Stray too.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
WE ARE COMING!! [The Wave]

Umm, I'm a wee bit excited. It will be just Mr. Opera, Space Space Baby, and I as Boy Opera and Operaetta will be with their biological dad that weekend. But, I will bring pictures of the two older gorgeous Opera children.

Oooh - I can't wait! I'm so looking forward to seeing Hatrackers I've already met and meeting new ones!

Jenny, I'm sending you an e-mail.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

That's great news Space Opera! I was hoping I'd get to meet you.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

I'm totally pumped. This May Revel is going to be HUGE! Little Mother is inviting her entire class from school, we're inviting all the big family and friends, and Mr. Gardener is asking more people from work. This may be a gigantic event...

Hatrackers who are coming, check your e-mail. I'll send you a file just in case the other mail is too slow.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Jenny, can you send me the email, but not worry about the snail mail?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

yup. Any other Hatrackers good with that?
KarlEd
Member # 571

I'm fine with that if it will save you the expense.
Noemon
Member # 1115

That works for me. Is the design/paper unusual, or is it just a functional thing?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Nothing fancy; my hard drive seems to be busted so I had to use the hubby's computer to slap something together last night! All Hatrackers are getting an e-invite (let me know if you don't), but I'll also send paper ones if you want.
kwsni
Member # 1831

Just an email works for me, too.

I'm excited! This is my first chance to see hatrackers since September.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

quote:
Shan, you'll just have to hook up with Chris and me in Sacramento/Napa while where out there the last week in May!
What a fabulous idea, KarlEd! Sadly, I'm a full day away from Sacremento! Rats! I don't suppose you both would like to stop over in Portland? That's just a two-hour drive! Or, come to Washington State's lovely capital! You're both more than welcome to stay! Nathan and I love company!

[Smile]

quote:
Shan, I hesitate to mention it, because it's still pretty tentative. But I may be in Seattle the week of 5/22 for work. I would have the evenings free, and would love to meet up. Right now I'd say it's only a 50/50 chance, but I'll certainly post about it if it's going to happen.
Please do keep me posted, ElJay! It would be awesome to meet you!

[Smile]

You all are so wonderful!

Have a lovely May-Day gathering!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It looks like I can make it but Stryker can't.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, just waiting to hear back from Megan and then I'll know how many we are.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

[Frown] We won't be able to make it. [Frown]

I thought SSB might be better in the car by now, but a 30-minute trip last night proved me wrong. He screamed hysterically the whole time. I've tried everything - toys, music, singing, making sure the belly is full, etc.

I will miss you guys.

space opera

Noemon
Member # 1115

[Frown] I'm sorry to hear that, Space Opera--I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time.
KarlEd
Member # 571

Ditto on the [Frown] I was hoping to meet you too!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I was too. [Frown]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Bum [Frown]

You'll just have to make it next year, then! First Saturday in May, always as long as I live.

For the rest of you: Saturday looks to be cool and sunny. You might want to bring extra shoes/clothes.

Anyone not attending the revel in body may do so in spirit! Make sure you do one or more of the following OUTSIDE:

Dance a jig
Eat strawberries sensuously
Kiss someone in the garden
Hug a tree! (preferably not one with poison ivy growing on it)
Laugh aloud
Drink May wine or herbal lemonade
Play with a child
Blow bubbles

Noemon
Member # 1115

How cool is cool, Jenny?
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
High in the mid-60s, sez the almighty Weather.com.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks Stray! As long as it doesn't rain, I'm happy.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hug a tree! (preferably not one with poison ivy growing on it)
So says the voice of experience. [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Yep, Jenny, we'll look forward to next year. [Smile]

space opera

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I've thought about it, and I don't think i can come, I've been asked to petsit, and I'd get paid, plus I still have a paper to finish by Thursday.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My Beloved offered me a plane ticket this morning, but I had some oral surgery scheduled this afternoon so I decided to see how it went.

I'm okay, but I'll be dopey with pain meds and stuff, so I 1) wouldn't be much fun and 2)couldn't safely rent a car once I got to Kokomo. *sigh* Maybe next year. [Frown]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Eep, accidentally posted this under Coatesie (bf) so sorry if that caused confusion. I was just so excited! I can make it! It's 3 hours away!

I can't believe I didn't RSVP/read this thread earlier. Is it too late to respond? 'Cuz I would like to go.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Kristen, I'm sure it'll be ok because several people (including myself) have backed out.
kwsni
Member # 1831

We keep missing each other, Livvy. I promise I will aply for any and all breeding farm jobs I can find near Atlanta.

I'm sad that Breyer and SO have to back out, too.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

It's always ok, Kristen! I'll send an invitation to your e-mail. Call if you have any questions.

Livvy, breyerchic, I'll miss you. But there's always next year!

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be going either; I just can't spare any vacation time this month (or, really, this year).
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

So who is still planning to attend? There's Jenny (of course), KarlEd, Kristen, kwsni, Megan(?), me, Stray...who else?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Fugu is going. I'm feeling bad for backing out, but I'll be there in spirit, and I will try very hard next year to make it.
kwsni
Member # 1831

Ken is coming with me, of course.

Jenny, do you have a big field nearby in which kites cna be flown? I'll bring my fourstring, and I'd bring both my two string kites, too, if they weren't broken. I also have a giant frisbee that all kids love.

Ni!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.