FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mia Hee?

Author Topic: Mia Hee?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to locate a video. It's a weird foreign pop song that goes "Mia hee, mia hoo, mia ha, mia ha-ha" and has a guy chair-dancing to it. My google-fu gets me a not-nearly-as-cool video with weird pictures spliced throughout and not even a complete song. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Numa Numa

Now I'm going to have THAT going through my head. Again.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid we all know what you're talking about.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine has this song as a ring tone.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
You should see the Lego version. [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Not again... [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't ever recall seeing the LEGO version.

In case that link doesn't say, the song is called Dragoesta din tei. (I think).

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Or bizarre Japanese animation.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Query... how did you NOT know what that was? o_O
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Lego version

Sorry, I was lazy before, thought I would edit but decided to add it so subsequent replies wouldn't look out of place.

The Lego version now makes more sense (surprising, huh?) after I've seen the video.

Anyway, this site has links to several versions, although the video parody by three teens didn't come up for me.

There's also a Sims version, which you have to download or view in RealPlayer (which hasn't worked properly for me lately).

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, what the hey. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Tante: I want to see the Sandra Bullock version.I've never been able to find it.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

And, since you upped the stakes,

The Llama Song.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's Katie's original thread -- with my post with lots of links (although some are no longer live).

Although my favorite post in the thread is still this one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
I want to see the Sandra Bullock version.
Your wish is granted.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Your wish is granted.
Wait, this isn't the monkey's paw game.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I'll see your Sandra Bullock version and raise you a Napoleon Bonamite (Robot Chicken).
rivka
Member # 4859

The list of video versions on wikipedia is a bit frightening.

I think this is my new favorite version.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
The group also did a nectar and crystal remix of this song.
I may be a total square, but I have no idea what this means.
rivka
Member # 4859

Me either!
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I'm a square (after all, I'm a college student and therefore can't be too far removed from pop culture), and I also have no idea.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Wikipedia! Sheesh!
CaySedai
Member # 6459

rivka: unfortunately, my RealPlayer won't let me see your favorite version. [Wall Bash]

I'm off to bed, honestly. I had planned to go to bed about 1 1/2 hours ago and this is part of the reason I didn't.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I did get a Google hit for "nectar and crystal remix" . Google found it in a Wikipedia entry on Dragostea Din Te. [Roll Eyes]
rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh* Exactly, Tante!

CaySedai, Windows Media Player works better for that one.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

rivka: it wants to automatically open in RealPlayer, which says it needs to update. Then it says there are no available updates.
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, what the hey. In for a penny, in for a pound.

It's love that makes the world go 'round? [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
it wants to automatically open in RealPlayer, which says it needs to update. Then it says there are no available updates.
I had the same thing. And I just updated RealPlayer, like, yesterday.

Oy. I've got to cover my stove with foil and stick my head back in the oven. You know what I mean.

rivka
Member # 4859

Right-click, and choose "open with."

This one is just weird. And takes forever to load. (But then again, the chorus is "The chorus is 'numa numa yay' but I don't understand a word, ok?" *laugh*)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Lego version and the one with Napoleon Dynamite the best, I think.

And Emma loves it when we sing that song and dance.

But sarcasticmuppet, you are now going to BURN IN HELL for getting that song back in my head! Just ask my husband! Last time, I was singing it in my sleep...

(Oh, and a google of Dragostea din Tei turns up the original versions, so you can compare them, too.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Weirdest one I've seen yet. Complete with Harry Potter, pocket dragons, and gnomes.
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
link is the original version.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
quote:
Your wish is granted.
I can't stop watching this clip!

It really makes me wish Muppets Tonight was on sale to buy. Stupid Disney.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh*
*giggle*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, that last one is teh awesome. [Big Grin] That is just like Emma!

Of course, it's now her new favorite version. :|

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Wow, there are a LOT of numa numa videos out there!

w/ calculus! (ack! derivatives!)

peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
The Napoleon one was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks...
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think half the people I work with today threatened to kill me because I couldn't stop whistling the "MahnaMahna" thing from the Sandra Bullock/Kermit video that was linked earlier. That song is wretched and infectious and I can't get it out of my head!

But I still love it!

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Evil Laugh]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.