FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Notice is served (Football stuff)... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Notice is served (Football stuff)...
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* 13 and 3 still makes the playoffs, right?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Same old Lions. Now 0-5. Kitna looks as pathetic at quarterback as Harrington ever did. The U of M could beat them. In fact, U of M would be favored by 12 points, at least. Thank goodness we Detroit area fans have the Tigers to cheer for!
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged:
What a nice game in Philly...I almost had a heart attack at the endd but my Eagles pulled it out in the end. So much for the TO hype.

I am beside myself with rage, not because we lost but because of how we lost.

We had the game in hand. We were running well and had them perfectly set up for plays to take advantage of overpursuit because of the lights out blitzing-- more draws, some screens, play action, a reverse or flea flicker...

and we did NONE OF IT.... getting held to a field goal in the 3rd quarter.

We were pressuring McNabb and held their offense to one *real* TD in the first half and that largely because of a busted coverage in the secondary (not Roy Williams-- he had short zone-- Watkins was supposed to roll over the top and didn't). So what do they do? call off the dogs and let McNabb sit back there and toss 40 and 50 yard strikes right on the numbers.

We let one get away. I deeply hope we dont regret it later.

I put this one squarely on the coaches and, if I was Drew Bledsoe, I'd have started calling my own plays.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Bledsoe had a nice bootleg TD by the way.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
*shhh*

The Saints are 4-1 and have Philly at home next week. From here on, though, the schedule is brutal.

And we're not blowing anyone out; close games every week.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
Member # 9384

- posted      Profile for Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy           Edit/Delete Post 
How on earth is Indy 5-0??? They really struggled against the Titans yesterday, from what I understand (the game wasn't on TV here).

quote:
*sigh* 13 and 3 still makes the playoffs, right?
The way things look right now, 10-6 might be good enough for a wild card...
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
GO BEARS!!!

They are kicking some serious butt right now. Woo hoo!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
Member # 9384

- posted      Profile for Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
GO BEARS!!!

They are kicking some serious butt right now. Woo hoo!

Not to mention being the only current NFC division leader to finish last season with a winning record...
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Stinkin Steelers! [Grumble]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
wow... what a year this is turning into...

In the AFC, the North is all but locked up for the Ravens, with Cinci being their nearest competition 3 games back with 7 to go. The South has the Colts with a 4 game lead over Jax. Then it gets interesting. The AFC West is a dead heat with the Broncos and San Diego locked at 7-2 (and playing each other this weekend). Gotta figure the winner of that game takes the division and the loser the top wild card spot. The Patriots and Jets are in a close battle for the East. The loser of that one may figure in the hunt for the remaining wild card spot, along with the 5-4 Chiefs, 5-4 Jags, and, possibly, 4-5 Bengals.

But it's the NFC that is really interesting. The Bears own the North and probably home field advanatage. A very weak and banged up Seahawks team has managed to take a 2 game lead over the Rams as well as a head to head tie breaker with them by sweeping them, so you have to figure the West is a done deal as well.

Then you have the 6-3 Giants, who looked very strong for a long time, but have lost 8 starters and 3 of the guys who backed them up in the last 4 games. 4 of those guys are out for the season and their schedule doesn't get any easier from here. You also have the 6-3 Saints, who have been good, but have some of their toughest games ahead.

Right behind them, you have Philly, Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas all at 5-4. Any of them could make a run, though Atlanta has been fading and Philly has a murderous 5 of their last 7 games on the road, while Dallas has a cushy 5 of the last 7 at home. Also, Dallas has a couple of very easy games (Tampa Bay on thanksgiving, Detroit at the end of the year) as well as a couple of nice schedule benefits for their tough games (Philly has to travel on Christmas for their 3rd road game in a row and the Cowboys get a 10 day mini-bye to rest up before traveling to New York).

But the really interesting thing is, apart from Dallas v. Carolina and Giants v. Falcons, which have already been played (and won by Dallas and New York,respectively), all 6 of these teams within one game of their respective division leads and struggling for the wild card spots have to play each other down the stretch.

How cool is this gonna be to watch? They could even beat each other up enough to give 4-5 teams Green Bay, St. Louis, Minnesota, or *gasp* San Francisco a shot. Though with Games @Chicago and @Green Bay in December (after having lost to both of those teams at home in their dome) I think Minnesota is done.

SI predicted that the entire NFC East would finish 9-7. I predicited the NFC South would. Both of those predictions are very close to possible, given the injuries to the Giants, the schedule of the Eagles, the inconsistency of the Cowboys, Falcons, Eagles, and Panthers, and the "they can't be that good, can they?" factor of the Saints. If the Redskins or Bucs go on a run, it just might happen. How weird would that be?

I predict that the NFC East continues to beat the NFC South and ends up sending 3 teams to the playoffs. Dallas, Philly, and New York.

But I'm a homer... I'm sure some Panther and Falcon fans see it differently.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Bears record now 9 and 1! Go BEARS! They are playing a truly awesome season so far. <----Ack! I hope I don't jinx them.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The Pats.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.