FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prayers for our equine friend(as well as our horsey memories) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Prayers for our equine friend(as well as our horsey memories)
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a vigil last night on a few horse related forums.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Barbaro's still hanging in there. And here's another article from last week. [Smile]

On a not-so-happy note, I found out the other day that the newest pony at the stable I volunteer at died sometime last week. He came to the stable overweight and with a pretty bad case of laminitis, but I don't think it was so bad that anyone expected him to die from it. I didn't get the details on what happened - they're keeping it quiet so the kids don't get upset - but it was rather shocking, especially since I'd sidewalked a lesson with him only last weekend. [Frown]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Barbaro was put down this morning. [Frown]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew that he had a new break, and was undergoing more procedures last week. But I didn't realize they finally had to give up efforts. [Frown] Thanks for the link, Dag.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That was so sad!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
What a bummer. You sort of think - no news is good news... then when his name started popping up again I was just thinking to myself - I hope he either makes it or goes quickly.

(I don't mean that to sound callous.)

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sibyl
Member # 10079

- posted      Profile for Sibyl   Email Sibyl         Edit/Delete Post 
At least they probably won't let the Japanese eat him.
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlt
Member # 10088

- posted      Profile for jlt   Email jlt         Edit/Delete Post 
So sad, he was only 4 [Frown] .
Posts: 130 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I was really sad when I read about this, too.

But at the same time, I'm amazed that he did so well for as long as he did after the Preakness. And from the sound of things, at least he was probably still happy till the end, rather than in a horrific agonized state as he likely would have been if they'd waited too long to put him down.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.