FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MY grandmother has pancreatic cancer. She just passed away about 10 minutes ago. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MY grandmother has pancreatic cancer. She just passed away about 10 minutes ago.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a call from my mom. Grandma's body is finally shutting down. Her feet are purple.

The nurses don't think she'll make it throught th night.

I just hope she goes in her sleep. [Frown]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
The body shutting down is a sign that she has made peace with her death. Being told that helped me, having gone through much the same thing earlier this year. Thinking of you and your family [Frown]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Thanks, Myr
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
((Derrell)) [Frown]
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

It's over. My mom just called. At least she's not in pain aqnymore. I'm not looking forward to the funeral.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We're sorry for your loss, Derrell.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry for your loss, Derrell. You are in our thoughts and prayers. [Frown]
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I'm so sorry for your loss, Derrell. Prayers/goodthoughts to you and yours.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Derrell. Take care of yourself. This is a hard time for you. [Frown]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] (((Derrell)))
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Derrell. [Frown]

(((Derrell & family)))

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss, Derrell. [Frown]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
My deepest condolences to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Stay strong.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Federal Government
Member # 6807

- posted      Profile for The Federal Government           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for your loss, Derrell. You should go have a good cry with someone you love.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Derrell)))
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Derrell)))
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

*e-hug*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus. I'm sorry, Darrell. I just lost my grandaunt, too -- one of the most intelligent and beautiful people I've ever known, without equal. I wish these things couldn't happen.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Derrell. (((((Derrell)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry Derrell. (((Derrell))). I'm glad your grandmother isn't suffering anymore, but I know it's small consolation.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of you and your family... Stick together and remember the good times. Know she's at Peace.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry for your loss. (((((Derrell)))))
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
((Derrell))

My grandpa's funeral wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't like sitting up front near the casket, but my grandma didn't lose it, so it kind of evened out.

Get yourself a bottle of water. I read that you can't cry while you're swallowing, so it's worth a try.

The eulogy was weird. I learned stuff about grandpa I hadn't known, but some of it sounded made up. "Personal relationship with God"? The man used to laugh at my mom for being religious. I think the preacher might have been stretching the truth a bit to make folks feel better. And that's the key point of the day. Making people feel better. Whatever gets said, let it slide.

You'll get through this. It'll suck, but you'll get through. ((Derrell)

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, my sincere condolences to you and your family in this difficult time. I wish you strength and comfort.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry. My heart is with all of you.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, I'm so sorry.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not very good at this, so I'll just say with all my heart: Condolences.

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss, Derrell. I hope you will feel welcome to share your stories of her here, if that should be something you want to do. I'm sure we would love to read with you and remember through you, insofar as we can.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

She was a very independant woman. She was also as stubborn as a mule. When she first went into the nursing home, it was the prospect of going home that kept her going.

My grandmother was born in a town that no longer exists. It was the town of Ashhurst, Arizona. She raised her kids in the town of St. Johns, Arizona.

I'll add more later. I'm considering starting a new thread for the stories. It would be a thread where others could share stories about loved ones who've passed on.

Does that sound like a good idea to anyone else?

ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that is an excellent idea, Derrell.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Agreed, I would love to read and participate in such a thread [Smile]
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences on your loss, Derrell. [Frown]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Derrell))). So sorry to hear about this.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

OK, I'll do it.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss [Frown]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Idea, Derrell. Thanks.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, man.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Derrell. I really like your idea for sharing stories of our loved ones. Thanks for starting that thread.

*gentle hug*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Darrell)))
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss, Derrell.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs*
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((Derrell)) [Frown]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences Darrel, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd love to participate in your thread.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.