FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chatroom Meditation

Author Topic: Chatroom Meditation
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
For the first time in the history of mankind, a tool can give us the opportunity to be everywhere instantly. A kind of collective consciousness online. I feel this is a wonderful opportunity for humanity to 'get over it' and really become what it needs to become in order to survive the coming climatic chaos.

Chatting, forums, even Troll Shamaning seems, very well the next evolutionary step into a real consensus of reality. Reality can finally be accepted upon. Of course, it's not a perfect world, and there's lots to do.

Comments?

Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
Evil me sez: pandora's box!
Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Reality can finally be accepted upon.
I don't know how much you know about networking infrastructure, Robin, but people in the IT industry talk about "layers" across which information travels. On a metaphorical level, sure, the Internet exists as a reality -- but it's just another layer of traffic. And like networking layers, it's absolutely dependent upon the continued functioning of the layers beneath it in order to exist.

You may not think that this in any way affects its reality, and there are other people on this board alone who'd agree with you. I do, though. I think that the underlying "layers" that support and enable this online consensual reality are more real precisely because they're more essential. We still need to eat and breathe and sleep and have sex and do all the things required of our physical bodies; we still need to earn money to pay for our computers and our Internet connections, which still need to physically exist. And only after all these things are done, only after we've met all these needs which still cannot be fulfilled on a computer, can we hop online and play at being trolls.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Tom: the factor that I am most interested in is distance.

You can meditate to such an extent that you can have telepathic communication with your relatives in far away places without the need of a computer.

But getting to know somebody you've never met, somebody totally novel, halfway across the world.. Now THATS' a nice thing to do.

Do you have a link that explains these 'layers'?

I have met at least two likeminded souls online through these internet thinngies. I hope to meet many more!

Still tho.. I'd never change 'it' for real life. How can you explain the smell of a flower? Or the taste of a kiss?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You can meditate to such an extent that you can have telepathic communication with your relatives in far away places without the need of a computer.

Sorry, I'm a skeptic; I don't believe this IS possible.

quote:
Do you have a link that explains these 'layers'?
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/OSI_Layers.asp
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Tom: I am very saddened by this.

Believing is 90% of the work.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you are an @ss.

See? It works, Tom...he is! [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
Believing is 90% of the work.
I don't believe that.
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Oh ye of little faith.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ye of too much.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I didn't say I had little faith. I have a great deal of faith. I'm just extraordinarily picky about the things I choose to put my faith in.
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Well, Tom..

What if I told you that I have a telepathic niece and nephew? What if I told you that Indigos the world over are runing around reading our thoughts as easily as you read the newspaper?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

I'd say you were being ridiculous, and point to the obvious fact: that none of the people I know who claim to be psychic are in any way successful, and certainly not as successful -- in love, money, spirit, etc. -- as I am. And I don't have a hint of psychic power.

So assuming that I'm roughly equal in non-supernatural capacity, how is it that THEY, blessed with the ability to read the minds and souls of the people around them -- or a great distance away -- usually wind up living in trailers, borrowing to make rent, and complaining about the Man while smoking a great deal of pot?

Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

because they are sufficiently detached from the material to worry excessively about the spiritual Tom..

Being a psychic does not mean that you crave power or somesuch. Unless it is given to you by the Orishas in which case yer screwed and you have to deal with it..

TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
because they are sufficiently detached from the material to worry excessively about the spiritual Tom
I have yet to meet someone who is sufficiently detached from the material world that he or she does not care about being able to -- just as an example -- afford his rent. Unless a precondition of being a psychic is that you aren't allowed to use your power for anything remotely useful, I have yet to meet someone who claims to be a psychic whose life might conceivably meet the minimum standard I'd accept for that claim.

I find it difficult to believe that someone capable of psychic projection would find it necessary to ask me for ten bucks.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Especially when you're paying 50 to 1 for accurate disaster prediction.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Robin, if your niece and nephew are interested in early retirement and/or getting their college funding paid for, you may want to collect on this million dollar reward for proof of psychic powers.

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

I almost believe you are saying all this as a joke deliberately to see our reactions. Your statements are so absurd, that I actually find them funny and irritating at the same time.

While they may or may not be interested in material wealth, it would certainly stop people like me from laughing at you and thinking you were delusional.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Somewhere along the way, I was warned about this by some psychic, but whatahe!?
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
"I see in your future that many will reject your crackpot notions." - KarlEd - internet psychic.

Now you've been warned twice. [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
No seriously. I'm not kidding you. That is $1,000,000 that they can collect.

Nothing to be wary of. Your niece and nephew can communicate telephathically. That would constitute a paranormal power. That is a $1,000,000 reward for anyone who can demonstrate a paranormal power.

Put your money where your mouth is. Either they can, in which case thats $1,000,000 just waiting to be collected, or youre delusional and full of you know what.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

Money can't buy you love, Trapper.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Either they can, in which case thats $1,000,000 just waiting to be collected, or youre delusional and full of you know what.
I'm not sure this is an "either/or" statement.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

Looks like the answer is delusional and full of you know what.

And I really do believe that it is an either or statement. If you want to give extreme hypothetical situations, you may come up with something that has a 1 in a million chance of happening, but other than extremes, that is a either or statement.

TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

Correction: Its an either, either or situation.

1) robins statements are accurate
2) Robin truely believes his statements, in which case he is delusional
3) Robin is a liar.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think perhaps she's saying that it's quite possible that Robin's relatives are psychic and he's still full of you-know-what on other issues. [Smile] That would be my feeligns, anyway.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Mocking people for their beliefs, thats cool.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, with some people we don't know what their beliefs actually are, just that they are willing to say provocative things to get a reaction.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.