FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fat Discrimination and Fat Rights (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Fat Discrimination and Fat Rights
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I also advocate, when we have to guess, guessing the one that give the benefit of the doubt.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The idea is that you update your impression of someone as you learn more about them, which is something I think most people do.
I totally agree with this.

I once tried to write a story about a society where no person could be referred to by anything but their name or by a formal temporary naming of the person when identity is unknown. The idea was that all description dehumanized (not something I subscribe to, but I do believe that much language that refers to people dehumanizes). Too cumbersome to pull off, though.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by John Van Pelt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Maybe I need to add that it's always worth striving to replace stereotypes about the people you meet with conclusions drawn from the way they really are. My bad, I assumed this was a pretty "NO FREAKIN' DUH" point.
Not at all. Especially when someone pretty much rants at you to "replace stereotypes about the people you meet with conclusions drawn from the way people really are", and your response is "get over it."
No, Sharpie wasn't asking us to replace stereotypes about the people we meet, she was asking us to replace stereotypes for her son because her son is different, and to not use stereotypes, period.
Given your NO DUH point of "it's always worth striving to replace stereotypes" I'm not sure why you now object to someone suggesting "to not use stereotypes."
Holy...seriously, re-read my post(s). You're leaving out some pretty important words.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
Errr...I don't think anyone here is advocating forming an impression of someone and then never looking beyond that impression.

No...but you did give (at least me) the idea that looking beyond that first impression would be difficult or unlikely for you. Again, I am not saying that you should change. And it is good that you are honest about it. I imagine the honesty leads to much less deeply hurt feelings.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also advocate, when we have to guess, guessing the one that give the benefit of the doubt.
I'd rather go with the odds when I have to guess. I reserve the benefit of the doubt for people I know well enough to extend it to.

Otherwise I'd have to empty my pockets to winos and panhandlers everyday. Some of whom no doubt really do want to spend the money on food. The majority, though, run right to the liquor store.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpie:
Eros, you really interpreted my post/s that way?

In case anyone else did: No, I was saying that the stranger you are repulsed by, that you judge, is not some cardboard character. Replace the words "fat person" with anybody's name.

Right, and I'm saying that yes, they are just a cardboard character until proven otherwise, and I'm pointing out that you think that way as well, because everyone does.

Edit to add: leaving the office now, I'm not ignoring you.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Is it really so tough and time consuming to remind yourself that, even though you don't know all the dimensions, there are dimensions?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:
I'd rather go with the odds when I have to guess. I reserve the benefit of the doubt for people I know well enough to extend it to.

Otherwise I'd have to empty my pockets to winos and panhandlers everyday. Some of whom no doubt really do want to spend the money on food. The majority, though, run right to the liquor store.

There is a difference between giving someone the benefit of the doubt, and acting in a way that is detrimental to your own well-being.

Also, while you may be correct more often than someone who gives them the money (or, better, buys them a sandwich, or keeps meal-replacement bars with them to give to such people), I don't happen to feel that "being right most often" is all that admirable a character trait when compared to "being generous." (Mind, I lean more toward the former than the latter; I just don't think it's a good thing. And it is something about myself that I'm working on.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Rivka, have I told you recently that I really like you?
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I see what you mean.

I do offer to get them whatever it is they need, be it food, gas, or whatever. I just don't give them cash.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Smile] Kate, yes, actually. But it's nice to hear it anyway.

And in case I didn't make it clear enough recently, the feeling is quite mutual! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I've been asked more than once on the way into McDonald's for some cash for lunch. I tell them I'm paying with a credit card. The times I've offered to buy them lunch, I've always been turned down with a "nah, forget it."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

I'm glad you still offer, though.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
I do offer to get them whatever it is they need, be it food, gas, or whatever. I just don't give them cash.

That's pretty cool. [Smile] I wouldn't advocate giving cash to most people you don't know (without some sort of reference, at least).
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I've had one person take me up on an offer to buy what she wanted the money for. (A pepsi, as it happens.) The more frequent response is "I can buy my own food." (Not with my money, you can't.) However, when I have food with me (fruit or a granola bar, usually) and offer it, it has always been accepted.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested in seeing responses to the criticisms of J. K. Rowling's piece.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

When I've had food with me, that's usually been accepted. When I've offered to buy them lunch, that has usually been turned down.
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
quote:
I whiled away part of the journey reading a magazine that featured several glossy photographs of a very young woman who is either seriously ill or suffering from an eating disorder (which is, of course, the same thing); anyway, there is no other explanation for the shape of her body. She can talk about eating absolutely loads, being terribly busy and having the world's fastest metabolism until her tongue drops off (hooray! Another couple of ounces gone!), but her concave stomach, protruding ribs and stick-like arms tell a different story. This girl needs help...
My ribs protrude and my arms are certainly not thick. The implication (since I'm male) that I must therefore have some sort of eating disorder is pretty insulting. And, as Dagonee notes, she takes it even further. Given that we just talked about this a page or two ago, I'm surprised to see people heaping praise on Rowling.

I think the issue she took with the magazine was that it was promoting this body type as the ideal. Sure, it might come naturally to some people, but promoting it like that causes eating disorders in young women striving to become what they're told is perfect. I have no problem with that part of what's she saying, and frankly it didn't even occur to me that a naturally thin person might take offense at it.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Although someone (can't find who) did suggest that the world would stop if we didn't.

That might have been me. I wrote in response to your assertion that I believe stereotypes are an important part of decision making. But once I posted, I noticed the discussion had moved on signficantly and that my response wasn't directly relevant anyway and so I deleted my post. Bad etiquette, I know, but I was hoping no one had noticed.

For the record, I think that if we refused to categorize people into groups and/or act according to generalized statements about those groups, we would cripple our ability to act. We naively desire our actions to be based on perfect information and assumptions, but if we wait for a perfect understanding (of people, of situations, of ourselves) we will never act. It's a central paradox of decision theory research: how beneficial/detrimental is considering more information.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

I think that we shouldn't assume that thin, good-looking people are obsessed with being thin and good-looking. Some of you are just lucky!

I do think that, because as a society we are disproportionately obsessed with being thin and good-looking, it is not an unnatural response. That I think it is reactionary does not mean I excuse it.

edit to add not!

[ July 11, 2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: kmbboots ]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

quote:
Sure, it might come naturally to some people, but promoting it like that causes eating disorders in young women striving to become what they're told is perfect.
It's possible to be thin without having an eating disorder, just like it's possible to be fat without being lazy. You weren't saying otherwise, but I wanted to put this out there anyway.
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out this map of rising obesity by state:

http://health.msn.com/reports/obesity/default.aspx?GT1=8307

Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheHumanTarget:
quote:
and people blame fellow passengers for their discomfort?
I certainly blame people for exacerbating an already uncomfortable experience.
Really? I assume you meant this directed at obese people in general, as opposed to the other breaches of airplane etiquette.

the airline sold me a seat and didn't put any conditions on me. Even if I'm at my ideal weight, I have broader shoulders than the seat size allows. I don't HAVE to try to give you more space, but I do...

Basically, I'm stuck taking the plane because it's necessary to my livelihood. There comes a point where I don't have a choice but to fly. And even though I'm losing weight now, the sad fact is that I can't lose it before I get on my next plane flight.

I'd even go so far as to apologize if I crowded a person on an airplane, but there's not a heck of a lot I can do about it that would make your ride any more pleasant.

So, what do you suggest?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by Katarain:
I think the issue she took with the magazine was that it was promoting this body type as the ideal.

She should have phrased it as such, then, because as it is, that isn't what she wrote. Like OSC, she's a good writer -- I have a very hard time believing that her choice of phrasing wasn't deliberate.

quote:
Originally posted by Katarain:
I have no problem with that part of what's she saying, and frankly it didn't even occur to me that a naturally thin person might take offense at it.

It's every bit as offensive as some of the things you've taken offence to in this thread. The most obvious analogy that comes to my mind is the equation of obesity with being slovenly, or slothful, or gluttonous, versus the equation of being skinny with having a physical or psychological disorder. The difference is that in this case the invective isn't directed at the same group. I don't much like the notion that it's okay to belittle thin people, but do it to fat people and you'd better watch out! Then again, I've actually seen that Rowling piece before, and I've seen her praised for it before, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people still seem to love it.

I largely agree with both KMB's and JT's posts above.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Just for the record (not that you've asked) you do not fall into the, "geez, that person is skinny" category.

edit to add: not that it is imprtant to the discussion at hand, either.

twinky
Member # 693

My arms are noticeably thicker than they were this time last year, due entirely to increased exercise. [Smile]

My ribs, however, still protrude, and insofar as the BMI is concerned I'm borderline underweight.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
twinky doesn't fall into the "geez, that perseon is skinny" category because he wears baggy clothes. Honestly, though I've never asked, I suspect this is part of the reason he wears baggy clothes.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

(mumbles rude things about the BMI)

edit to dispute the baggy clothes theory.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Tangent: A friend of mine has recently developed an illness that caused her to lose a lot of weight. She was in shape and athletic before, now she is a skeleton with skin. It is actually frightening to look at her, and to see the bones jutting out through her skin. (Seriously, compared to how she looks right now Callista Flockhart looks chubby. (And so does Twinky.)) She says the most frightening thing for her is the number of people who come up to her and say how great she looks or ask how she managed to lose so much weight. She's working with a dietician and a nutritionist to try to maintain enough body fat to survive while her illness is being treated, and apparently many people find this attractive.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Yeah, we went to a waterpark at JulyCon, so Kate definitely saw my ribs.

I'm not a huge fan of the BMI either.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't mean to be insulting, dude. Carry on [Razz]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Preliminary note: I'm using this as an example of the pitfalls associated with even speaking on the topic of body image, and not because I think there's anything wrong with what Kate said. I certainly don't think she had any negative motive at all.

quote:
I think that we shouldn't assume that thin, good-looking people are obsessed with being thin and good-looking. Some of you are just lucky!
Look at the two options outlined in this quote. Either the person is obsessed with being think or lucky. This superficially excludes the possibility of working hard to stay in shape yet also not being obsessed being thin.

This is a rather innocuous statement, meant as a lighthearted joke. However, it's easy to see how it could provoke the response, "I work hard at it - it's not luck, and I'm not obsessed." Which, when heard by someone who is struggling mightily to lose weight and failing, could easily be interpreted as a statement that they are not working hard enough.

It can easily deteriorate from there, caused simply by a very innocent remark coupled with a person who doesn't want their hard work dismissed as either obsession or luck.

Just an observation I had about how dangerous language can be.

twinky
Member # 693

Eh? I wasn't insulted. That was definitely true in high school, though it's become less true over the last couple of years. Still, I don't generally wear very tight clothes, because my ribs are indeed quite clearly visible.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Didn't notice ribs. Did notice smile andawesome (compared to mine) skill with the tubes!
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Dagonee, I did worry about that phrase. I did think about leaving it out - should have. I'm glad that it was taken as it was meant.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

My intent was to point out possibilities to both speakers and listeners, not to say it should have been left out. No one can look at every single thing they say and cypher out what would be offensive.

So if two people find themselves three or four exchanges into something like, maybe they can back out and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

kmbboots
Member # 8576

Good point. Honored to be an object lesson! heh
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I had to pick someone I knew would give me the benefit of the doubt. [Smile]
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd be interested in seeing responses to the criticisms of J. K. Rowling's piece.
Oh believe me, I've already spoken before on how I react to this piece. It makes me not want to buy any more books by this woman because I think she's horribly rude.

I have known one model in my life. She was naturally tall, and she made good money modeling, nothing major, local catalog shoots and fashion shows, particularly bridal shows. She had neither an eating disorder nor was she "lucky." She ate well, eating healthy foods and worked out at least an hour every day to maintain her modeling figure.

It's incredibly insulting for Rowling and others to refer to people like her her as "either seriously ill or suffering from an eating disorder (which is, of course, the same thing); anyway, there is no other explanation for the shape of her body."

Yes there is another explanation - a woman who is naturally tall and inclined to thinness but eats healthily and works out to maintain her figure. Rowling is a jerk in that piece, it made me decidedly not like her at all.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
The skinniest girl in my graduating class got just as much ridicule as the fattest one. Perhaps more.

Her name was Rachel, and the things I heard told about her were beyond cruel. She was a really sweet girl too, and deserved none of it.

I'm sure I am not the only one who recognizes the irony of people requesting empathy for the overweight in the same thread they show none for underweight people.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Skinny males - especially in middle/junior/high school - often get ridiculed for being weak, wimps, geeks, scrawny, too lazy to work out, an easy target for bullying. That would be me, then.
Busty, skinny girls in that same period are often assumed to be sluts, and get treated that way even when (and sometimes because) they are not. That would have been Teres, way back when.
Both situations do interesting things for your self-esteem.
Now we're both in the fat end of the pool, dealing with a whole different set of prejudices.

Come right down to it, I'm not wildly fond of people, in general. Herd mentality does not favor the different.

[ July 11, 2006, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Skinny males - especially in middle/junior/high school - often get ridiculed for being weak, wimps, geeks, scrawny, too lazy to work out, an easy target for bullying. That would be me, then.
Busty, skinny girls in that same period are often assumed to be sluts, and get treated that way even when (and sometimes because) they are not. That would have been Teres, way back when.
Both situations do interesting things for your self-esteem.
Now we're both in the fat end of the pool, dealing with a whole different set of prejudices.

Come right down to it, I'm not wildly fond of people, in general. Herd mentality does not favor the different.

Yeah, my Michelle's the same way. She's thin and busty, and when she was sixteen and wore a turtleneck sweater to an Indian-Christian church, she was accused by four women of being a "slut" because their husbands wouldn't stop staring at her.

The longer I live, the more I wish a) everyone were legally mandated to carry swords, and b) duels were legally possible. Also, I'm coming to find I hate everyone.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Give in to your hate. It will make you stronger than you can possibly imagine.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to... learn this power?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:

I once tried to write a story about a society where no person could be referred to by anything but their name or by a formal temporary naming of the person when identity is unknown. The idea was that all description dehumanized (not something I subscribe to, but I do believe that much language that refers to people dehumanizes). Too cumbersome to pull off, though. [/QB]

The problem with this idea goes far further than being too cumbersome to pull off, it fights against the basic design of our brains. The human brain is designed to find patterns, to seek out similarities and differences. One of the things that you learn as a scientist is that you can't trust your brain because it will find patterns in things even when no patterns exist. This is why we rely on mathematical and statistical tests to validate the patterns we think we see.

This function of our brain is prerequisite for language and communication. If we couldn't categorize things which are similar but not identical, we would have to have a different word for every single item. Whenever we saw anything we hadn't seen before, we would have no words to describe it. But the problem goes even deeper, because no two people say the same word in exactly the same way. The very first thing our brains do when we are babies is to begin categorizing sounds. We can't learn language until we can identify that "love" spoken by Mom means the same thing as "love spoken by Dad and yet "rub" means something different. As babies, our brains begin to map "similar" sounds to the same region of our brains, by the time we are adults, this becomes hardwired and we can no hear difference we could hear as children.

Adult Japanese can't hear the difference be "r" and "l" because their brains have been trained to map these sounds to the same part of the brain. Adult English speakers have a very difficult time hearing the tones in Chinese because our brains have been trained to ignore those differences. Try as I may, I can't hear the difference between the German "a" and the german "aa" sound because my brain maps the two sounds to the same class.

The point is, that while its nice to say that we should never group or classify people, its not going to happend. Discrimination (i.e. grouping and classifying) is what our brains are designed to do. While we can struggle consciously to see past our natural inclination to discriminate, its unreasonable to suggest that we should never classify people.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Ah. See, I just question the motivation of people who tease skinny people.

People who tease fat people do it because they're revolted. Do you think people tease skinny people for the same reason?

I very disappointed Tom, you are usually capable of more empathy than this and better insight.

The adult men who I know, tease people who they consider to be friends. Among men, teasing is a sign that you accepted as one of the gang. If they truly find you revolting, you won't get teased but you won't get invited to parties either.

Adult women generally do not tease each other. Its part of a dynamic I've had to learn as a women working in a male dominated field.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Warning: This is a tangent.

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I looked but didn't see it.

I found it pertinent to the discussion but not immediately so.

"A math teacher has sued the Lawrence School District, claiming that he lost his shot at tenure and ultimately his job because of his weight." Continued here.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, I'm using "teasing" in this case -- and I suspect most people on this thread have been using it -- to refer to two completely separate sets of behaviors. Young kids tease. In general, adults do NOT tease; the sort of teasing that "different" people face as kids becomes something different by adulthood.

It's very true that adult men "tease" (in the grammar school sense) as a form of friendship. That sort of teasing is not the treatment that most fat men experience until they've already become someone's friend.

I'm not talking about just being singled out when you're young because you're different. That happens to just about everyone, for some reason or another -- being busty, being smart, having curly hair. I'm talking about being singled out your entire life because people are revolted by you. That happens to a much, much smaller set of individuals.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
The problem with this idea goes far further than being too cumbersome to pull off, it fights against the basic design of our brains.
This was an SF storie, the ones with the strange language were aliens, and there were humans present to comment on how impossible it was. [Smile]

quote:
The point is, that while its nice to say that we should never group or classify people, its not going to happend. Discrimination (i.e. grouping and classifying) is what our brains are designed to do. While we can struggle consciously to see past our natural inclination to discriminate, its unreasonable to suggest that we should never classify people.
I totally agree. The story was going to a) point out that we must discriminate to function and b) demonstrate the harm it can cause.

It was very ambitious. [Smile]

[ July 12, 2006, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
I'm sure I am not the only one who recognizes the irony of people requesting empathy for the overweight in the same thread they show none for underweight people.

You definitely aren't the only one.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.