FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Okay fellow anime junkies which should I watch? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Okay fellow anime junkies which should I watch?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Trigun Rocks!
(or, so says my kids. I personally have only seen part of one episode, which is pretty much the total extent of all anime I have ever seen..........)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Demonstrocity:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
If you want Bleach there are plenty of websites that have all the epiodes for free and the fan sub's are really well done. Though I think Samurai Champloo had the best subtitle work I have ever seen, it even had etymology on many of the feudal words and practices they say/experience.

I am in the 40's as far as episodes for Bleach go and I was amazed by the sheer volume of characters they introduced in the 30's.

My brother and I were watching it and drinking slurpees and there is one episode where I think its Ryou who is talking to Tatsuki and asks, "How can Orihime eat so much and not get fat?" and Tasuki says, "It all goes to her breasts."

We spent the next 15 minutes cleaning slurpee off the carpet. [ROFL]

Just google "Dattebayo".
thx for the link but I go to:
http://www.bleachportal.net/bleach/multimedia/direct_episodes

For my bleach episodes, its direct download instead of torrent, but its quite fast and they just ask you to download 1 episode at a time.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Demonstrocity:
ECH.

The U.S. VA's for Trigun are ATROCIOUS.

Come on your telling me that the person that play Vash didn't do an amazing job?
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
also say allof Esceflowne ^^ Kirby MOrrow for the win! Gundam Wing, YuGiOh, Esceflowne InuYasha I think were the only ones I liked Dubbed.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Inuyasha MUCH MUCH more in Japanese, I can't stand it in English. I keep hearing Gary from pokemon whenever Inuyasha speaks.

Japanese just sounds more expressive for the medium of anime.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Not all anime sounds better in Japanese. I like Big O better in English. I think Gundam Wing was amazing cast and acted for the voicing. Vash for Trigun was fantastic, and I don't think I'd like the show half as much if not for the VA in that show in the english version. Yu Yu Hakusho I like better in english too. The personalities of the characters comes through better with the english actors.

FMA I can't watch in English. It's missing a ton of the emotion that you get from it in Japanese.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

okays Go (5 [Razz] ) is interesting, ill proceede to downlaod the 74 remaining episodes.
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Spirited Away, Broken Saints, Ghost in the Shell 2, Metropolis, Steamboy, Appleseed and SIN (not to be confused with sin city)?

Those are all really good some are more for the mind than for the visual but they all fit nicely in the anime scope.

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I second Wolf's Rain. In fact, I'm listening to the second Wolf's Rain soundtrack right now. The premise: the world is dying and most of humanity lives in domed cities. Wolves (thought extinct) have developed the ability to appear as human. There is a legend that only wolves can find Paradise. The white wolf Kiba and his friends set out to do just that, with the help of the flower girl Cheza.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I like most series that aren't filled with tons of filler and go for 50+ episodes with stupid fighting.

That x's out Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ...probably gundam but never seen it... [Wink]

Wolf's Rain is alright, love the music at least.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Gundam Seed has absolutely no filler (except for 2 or so recap episodes, which have a little extra content), I don't think I've seen all of any of the other Gundams.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Gundam Seed (and its sequel, Gundam Seed: Destiny) sure have a lot of flashbacks though! But they're still good series.

And Gundam series aren't long and drawn out with a lot of filler and pointless fighting. Most are character-driven, filled with political intrigue, and they range in length from 39 episodes to 50. Gundam is original (as in, not based on a manga), so there's no need for filler and such.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Gundam Seed's best point IMHO is that the Gundams are simply normal mobile suits with suped up weapons/thrusters and a awesome OS (probly a Mac with a Linux Dash ^^) and it takes either A) Skill or B) a even more awesome OS to compensate you your crappy skills not to get shot down. In Gundam Wing the Gundams were made from a special alloy called Gundamium which amde em nigh' on invinceble.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.