FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What was the -worst- Star Trek episode ever? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What was the -worst- Star Trek episode ever?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
My crush was on Ensign Ro.....

My crush is on Admiral Cain.

[Angst]

She still scares me.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Who was she? From the "Drumhead"? Not Necheyev, right?
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a character in Battlestar Galactica, and is played by the same actress that plays Ensign Ro.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Ahh, got it. Little in joke, there.
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. She's also now on Prison Break and I keep yelling out things like, "Of COURSE you'd say that! You're Admiral Cain!"

I like Ro. Did not like Cain.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Of course, she also took George's thank you from Elaine for handing her the big salad.

"What I'd like to know is where someone gets off accepting a thank you for someone else."

"George, I just handed someone a bag."

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you people remember the names of all these episodes? Why do I even say remember, I never knew the names of episodes in the first place?

Please tell me you are googling these and that you really do have something better to do with your minds than store the names of old Star Trek episodes.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Startrek.com. Watching Star Trek on DVD I've had to see which episode I wanted to watch (not all of them, by any means), which means finding the name to an episode I remember (or have never seen). Brief summaries online work in a snap.

But some episodes are infamously named, like "Spocks Brain".

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
Yes. She's also now on Prison Break and I keep yelling out things like, "Of COURSE you'd say that! You're Admiral Cain!"

I like Ro. Did not like Cain.

Freaky. I didn't even recognize her.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek/TOS_Episode_List
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek/TNG_Episode_List
etc.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*whistles*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Are you whistling at me?
rivka
Member # 4859

Nope. In response to Rabbit's incredulous question.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
None of you guys use Memory Alpha?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I have flash memory sticks that are configured to work with my brain. They are a life saver.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
memory alpha is teh awesome.

and mostly, I just...remember. no idea how.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I never know the names of episodes.
IanO
Member # 186

I like memory alpha. Except that the non-cannon books I like are not really included. I understand why. But Peter David's Imazadi, Greg Cox's Eugenics Wars (1-3), To Reign In Hell, and the Q-Continuum (1-3) are cool enough that they ought to have more than a passing mention. Then again, that would necessitate all the other non-canon stuff. Oh well.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
memory alpha is teh awesome.

and mostly, I just...remember. no idea how.

What she said.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Are there any "cannon" books in ST?
rivka
Member # 4859

The movie novelizations?
mackillian
Member # 586

Nope. No books are considered canon.

As for cannon, I've no idea.

rivka
Member # 4859

*fires shot over mack's bow*
mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]
IanO
Member # 186

I think Enterprise messed up Canon a bit (though there was some retconning attempted at, I think, by the 4th season). So with all that I think Canon is TOS, All Movies, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. I think all novellizations are out, as are all books (except maybe technical manuals?). And I read that parts of "The Final Frontier" and "The undiscovered Country" where not accepted by Roddenberry. Not sure which, though. By then, he was in an advisory position and not always listened to, from what I read.
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing beats the one with all the salamander sex from Voyager.

He spat out his tongue! [Angst]

(And I actually sort of like 'Spock's Brain'. It's hi-larious.)

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

My vote for "worst" TNG episode would be the one where Riker fell in love with a genderless alien.

Talk about the clumsiest, most ham-fisted way possible to deal with alternative sexuality.

We just watched that episode and my 9 year old laughed in all the right places. [Eek!]

ETA: Spock's Brain, hands down.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jayelle:
Wow, I can't believe no one mentioned the TNG episode "Justice". Wesley goes on trail for breaking a law on the skankiest planet ever. The costumes and the poodle hair are just... the worst thing I've ever seen.

My husband and I have joked that it's so bad it's good, then it's bad again, then it's good again.

The only problem with this episode is that they didn't kill Wesley.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Wil Wheaton's review of The Naked Now.

And I had a major crush on Dr Bashir.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.