FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NaNoWriMo 2006 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2006
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So*, who's in? Other than me, I mean? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck? I'll give it a shot. I've been wanting a reason to spend at least an hour a day writing (besides, you know, the pleasure of writing, which apparently is not enough to motivate me right now).
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely detest this time of year.

I have three friends who psych themselves up for the project, get in with the 'scene,' start writing, drop out of contact with us, fail miserably to keep pace, start hating what they're writing, burn and or delete everything, and sink into actual honest-to-god seasonal NaNoWriMo depression.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I write my papers as part of the story? [Wink]

I'll think about it, but as I just mentioned, I've got class-type papers to get done. I tried it couple years ago and got about halfway through before class caught up with me.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of year already? Or, what's more disturbing, its been a year since last NaNoWriMo? Tempus fugit ...
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably sit out this year, unless I get some brilliant idea that demands to be written. I've tried NaNo the last few years, and have failed miserably, and I don't really care to fail miserably again. Plus, I've been doing plenty of writing lately. [Smile] It's not fiction or anything that will be properly published, but it satisfies the writing urge, so I'm quite content at the moment.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
quid... I was going to post a question about this year's NaNo in the flash fiction thread, but this will do. I think I might be ready for another go at NaNo this year. I've got a month to come up with a story plot and characters. No pressure.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it that bad, guys? Now I'm scared! [Eek!]
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Man... I'd love to participate. But... school... work... so many existing independant projects. It just ain't likely to happen.

But maybe I'll see what happens.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Logged in first thing this morning. Now, ideas, ideas, ideas...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it a shot again this year.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year I signed in...then got diagnosed with cancer and spent the last part of October and first of November in the hospital so never got to participate. [Frown]

I'll try again this year.

Oh, post your username so I can add you as a writing buddy.

I'm AdrianW

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm...SteveRogers.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.

I hate you all.

You are making me do this again.

Its all your fault.

yes. i signed up.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not understand what they want me to do, have yet to sign up [Confused]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to do much.

Just write a large novel

in October.

Not part of a novel, not a good novel, not a few pages or even an outline.

Write the entire novel in 1 month.

You can go back during other months to edit, fix spelling, grammar, plot holes the size of Minnesota or any other minor inconviences.

Just write and don't stop until the story is done.

Then right some more.

Just to prove you can.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
You don't have to do much.

Just write a large novel

in October.

Not part of a novel, not a good novel, not a few pages or even an outline.

Write the entire novel in 1 month.

You can go back during other months to edit, fix spelling, grammar, plot holes the size of Minnesota or any other minor inconviences.

Just write and don't stop until the story is done.

Then right some more.

Just to prove you can.

That would be a huge commitment for me, I'd definately have to write while at work, and I use that time to do homework. Hmmm, and I am already 2 days down on my time limit.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kase1266

[Smile]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That would be a huge commitment for me, I'd definately have to write while at work, and I use that time to do homework. Hmmm, and I am already 2 days down on my time limit.
Actually, you're not allowed to start doing any writing until November 1st - all you can do before that is think and plan. And it's mostly just for fun - I signed up for it last year and ended up not writing a single word ( [Blushing] ). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to actually go for it this year.
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I've signed up. I'm blacwolve.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up. I'm JoeIcarus. Now I will assume that anybody who doesn't friend me hates my guts. [Smile]

-o-

I signed up last year and failed miserably. I was teaching a class called senior project, and November was when we worked on our first eight page research paper of the year. I was buried. I also gained like fifteen pounds. I'm hoping this year will go better.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

When will the new participant icon be out?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I signed in this afternoon and updated my profile. I'm larisse (surprise). Now, I shall add all of you to my writing buddy list.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm... quidscribis. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, hell, I'll sign up. Can't promise anything will come of it though. I'm Alcon.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

You're now all my writing buddies.

Now if I could figure out what writing buddies does....

Icarus, it is out:

participant icons

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Kasie H:
I'm kase1266

[Smile]

I can't add you. Are you sure that's correct?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Or maybe it's just the profile that's buggy. I seem to recall it was buggy last year. I have a few people that I've added that don't show up on my profile.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Thank you Belle! [Smile]
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up as kojabu. Who knows if I'll be able to write anything though... I'd like to try!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I've got a thread started for us in the writing groups section.
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh the adding friends thing is really cool if you look at other people's library cards. Here's mine: http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=126649
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh so that's what it does!

Now, that is cool. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm finding that the friends thing isn't working for me. And then, when I just plain search for some of you, you're not coming up on the search engine.
Icarus
Member # 3162

*frown*

I wonder if there is a maximum number of buddies.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Huh. It seems to max out at ten. If you have more than ten buddies, it shows you a random ten each time. So if you don't see your name on my list, you're probably still there.

Unless you never added me last year. Then I deleted you to make room for new friends. You're not my friend anymore, bye! [Wave]

Icarus
Member # 3162

btw, I really like the coloring of that participant icon. It looks beautiful on my web page, which has just about the same shade of light blue. [Smile]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You've just got to want to succeed with all your heart, or whatever internal organ you have vested with the drive to not slack off.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in as Chris Bridges. (waves)
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

See, this is where I start to get confused, which really isn't as difficult as it sounds....

Hi Chris! And I knew that, but I read it in the other thread... *sigh* It's my own fault, I know that...

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Fine. Fiiinnnnneeeee. Fine! I'm done facilitating statewide trainings November 2, so theoretically I could crash and burn the 3rd and start writing the 4th.

Does it have to be a novel? *whine*

I'm so much better at writing training manuals. *grin* And Poetry. *sappy grin*

Edit to add: Oh -- under HopeSprings

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Everyone else has their genre in their profiles, but when I go to profile, I don't see where to enter it. Anyone care to point me to it?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Under My NaNoWriMo in the navigation bar, click on "My Novel." That's where you can enter the title and genre.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

*hits self on forehead* I knew I'd see it somewhere!
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I finished last year. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

That and the fact that my freshman year is probably a good one to sit out. I really do wish I had time though.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Here I go again.

I have failed twice, the first because I was lazy, second because I was busy, will I make it the third time?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto what Vadon said.

I am re-signed up as ... CaySedai, of course.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm even considering inviting people to the local library for a NaNo group write-a-thon or something. I saw that someone posted they are about 25 miles west of the town where I work, so maybe ...
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe next year.

I don't think I can write well, but I'd be curious to see what I can come up with when forced.

And I, too, can't believe it's been an entire year since the last one. I'm too young for time to be passing this quickly.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. I have the incredibly creative screen name of "KarlEd".

Friend me at your peril. [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.