FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nintendo Wii - 11/19/06 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii - 11/19/06
Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
I expect I'll get one whem I move from my dorm to a real apartment--at the moment, I couldn't get 3 ft. away from the TV to play properly [Smile]
Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Zelda at EB, it looks fantastic. I have played teh Excite Truck demo, and loved it.

I will be getting a Wii, after Jan. probably.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
BB, how far in the Temple are you?
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently trying to work my way into the temple after the temple after the forest temple [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
how come every game store has a release date for Smash Bros Brawl, they are all different, and nintendo hasnt even made an announcement about a release date?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know but I just got home with my Wii...and I am happy.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Got to Circuit City at 5:30AM, was #9 out of 43. I've played Wii Sports, Rayman, and downloaded some Virtual Console games.

It's pretty cool. Unfortunately, the store only had nunchuks; no remotes. I'll need to go on a hunt for them this week so my wife and I can play together.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, we made it to the entrance to the forest temple last night. I think we're on the slower side of players. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
We got ours too today. It's been a blast. [Smile]
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

*is jealous*
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done the first three dungeons in Twilight Princess. They keep getting better, but unfortunately I have to tear myself away for a little while. Life calls.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting until probably February to get one. Whenever the price settles back down to MSRP and I don't have to go out of my way to get my hands on one.

I just want to walk into a Circuit City or EB and pick one up off a shelf with a dozen or so. Or just have Amazon send me one in 5-10 days with Super Saver shipping.

I really hope they're making a Castlevania game where you can use the Wiimote as a whip. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Castlevania, FC, that's the coolest thing I've hear yet.

We were talking at work yesterday about them needing to sell some sort of strap to attach the Wiimote to your ankle so you can play soccer with it.

I wanted them to release sole to put in your shoe to play with, but the strap is probably easier and cheaper.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The Castlevania creator said that he doesn't see much he could do with the Wii, and said to the effect that no one would want to use it as a whip.

You guys need to let him know he's wrong [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Beat the first three temples and have finally cleared the way to the fourth. I had some side quests that looked interesting and all of them are QUITE rewarding.

Walked into the fourth one saw the first room and thought, "I need to stop for the day, this is gonna be a big time commitment."

Went over and snuggled my wife while she plays WOW. Then we spent the rest of the evening watching Ninja Challenge [Big Grin]

That temple is going down tonight. The whip idea was SERIOUSLY the coolest thing I've heard in awhile, I thought about the soccer idea too.

Now if only Enders Game the movie would come out in the next 5 years, the Wii version would be released with a special Enders Light Gun and we could all play each other online and form armies.

Oh boy I need to stop, way too much giggling....

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

omg blackblade, brilliant! Ender's Game the video game. it could be Wii exclusive. it would basically be a battle school game and u join armies... sigh. yeah, cool idea BB.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.