FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Crazy Football Dad

Author Topic: Crazy Football Dad
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
From the Washington Post

quote:
The South County Raptors, a scrappy football team made up of 12- to 14-year-old boys from southern Fairfax County, were supposed to meet the Herndon Hornets today in the first round of the county playoffs.

Instead, the Raptors are at home, their season over with no possibility of a championship after a league commissioner fired the head coach and the assistant coach this week. Their offense? They moved the commissioner's son from defense to offense for the final game of the season last Saturday, an overtime win that put the Raptors in the postseason.

"Scott does not sit out on defense -- ever," the commissioner, Dan Hinkle, had warned the head coach, James Owens, in an e-mail sent before the season began about how he should play Hinkle's son, 12.

Man, what a ****.

I'm wondering why they didn't just show up at the game with the two coaches without telling the commissioner - it'd be interesting to see what he could have done about it.

I'm against frivolous lawsuits in general, but I think I'd be looking for some kind of fraud or other action to bring against this guy.

The comments on the story are very angry. Someone posted his name, email, and phone number.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
That's horrible. What kills me is he would rather fire the coaches so that his son doesn't play at all?????
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't think he anticipated the fact that none of the kids would be willing to play without their real coach. Good for them.

What a ridiculous story. I feel bad for the son of the commissioner(as well as the rest of the kids of course).

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.