FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I serve Baphomet, the god of Masonry! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I serve Baphomet, the god of Masonry!
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://tinyurl.com/yfkwhr
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You tricked me into reading a chiktract ><
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Storm:

I think it's a cultural Jatraquero rule to put a Chick Tract warning on all things linked to Chick.

Some of us would just prefer not to read his stuff.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker-snort*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*lick*
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
The lesson we have learned: Masonry, bad. Carpentry, good.

*Goes off to play with his Lincoln-logs*

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man. I love Chick tracts. They're so pathetically hilarious. And I like how the demon of masonry is apparently a frilled lizard.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
The God of Masonry says "Grrrr?"
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

The God of Masonry is one of those lizards from Jurassic Park? I'm learning so much!!!
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

"I hate you all!" Ok, it's official, Baphomet talks like a toddler.
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me want to be a mason.

Actually should that link even be allowed? If any masons are on the board I'm sure they would find it highly offensive.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was wild. It reminds me of Reefer Madness.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I think being offended by a Jack Chick tract should be a test to post on this forum. [Wink] [Razz]
Scott R
Member # 567

That link's allowed for the same reason I'm allowed to make jokes about Mormons eating babies: within the cultural context of this site, it's understood that the content is not to be taken seriously. Most people here assume Storm posted that, not to make fun of Masonry, but to poke fun at Jack Chick.

Which is completely allowable.

Of course...you'd have to know the culture of Hatrack to know that...

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just wasn't aware of the the site before, complaint withdrawn.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Is there a need to put the word assume? Honestly. I've been on this stupid forum for, like, 4+ years. What's a guy gotta do to make it clear that I hate Masons almost as much as I hate Tony Danza.
Scott R
Member # 567

Baloney. I heard you singing Elton John's famous lines, "Hold me closer, Tony Danza," in the car the other day.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

That's a lie! A vile lie! You take that back! You take that back, Scott R!

*runs away crying*

Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I thought it was interesting. Most people assume Free Masonry is quasi-Christian, but it actually is Occultic. If you don't believe in Christianity or the Occult, you won't see anything to be concerned about. But what if there is a God, and there is a Devil? Why take the risk?
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just depressed that, for all his research, Chick still isn't capable of distinguishing between Baal, Baphomet, Satan, Lucifer, and Allah. I mean, I know he believes that multiple demons exist; is there some kind of trinitarian thing going on, where he thinks they're all just manifestations of the same underlying demon?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
What's a guy gotta do to make it clear that I hate Masons almost as much as I hate Tony Danza.

Mud-wrestle Kwea.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
too funny -- those lyrics actually make a lot more sense!

Ummm . . . I mean bad pun. Bad.

ETA: In response to Scott's Tony Danza pun, halfway up the page now. Am I that slow?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*lick*
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
*lick*

Are you stalking me again? >_<
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I'm just depressed that, for all his research, Chick still isn't capable of distinguishing between Baal, Baphomet, Satan, Lucifer, and Allah. I mean, I know he believes that multiple demons exist; is there some kind of trinitarian thing going on, where he thinks they're all just manifestations of the same underlying demon?

I totally didn't get what Islam was doing in that tract against Masonry. It almost looked to me like he inserted a frame from another tract--I think perhaps you've explained it to me a bit. But I guess I'm just naive enough never to have realized that there were Christians out there who think Allah is a demon.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Storm Saxon, put away your Tony Danza popsickles. You'll spoil your dinner.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Well, I thought it was interesting. Most people assume Free Masonry is quasi-Christian, but it actually is Occultic. If you don't believe in Christianity or the Occult, you won't see anything to be concerned about. But what if there is a God, and there is a Devil? Why take the risk?

Can we then cite this whenever someone touts that the United States is a "Christian Nation"?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

No, I'm licking Rivka, thanks. She's single, you know.

[Wave]

Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
I'm licking Rivka
You'll STILL spoil your dinner.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

(I am making the joke, Rivka. Don't take it seriously. [Wink] )
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I find the phrase "Big Lodge in the Sky" so funny. Something about a moose head hung on the pearly gates.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"If you don't believe in Christianity or the Occult, you won't see anything to be concerned about. But what if there is a God, and there is a Devil?"

But if you are a Christian, you don't believe in the Manichean Heresy that Satan is a Power or can be creative.
So those who believe that the Devil can do more than tempt and encourage self-deception are occultists, not Christians.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Uprooted, I agree, it would have been better if the references to Allah and Islam were left out. We don't want to start Moslem riots over a cartoon again, now, do we? Anyway, just as a comment on good style, an effective tract maintains a strict focus, and does not go off on needless tangents. If Chik wants to inveigh against Islam, he should write a separate tract on that. Really give them something to riot about!
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
No, I'm licking Rivka, thanks.

*suppresses shudder*

*gets anti-lick restraining order*

*offers Stormy some salt*

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He already has, Ron. Having harped on something in the past does not stop Chick from interjecting random harping in other tracts.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

Aspectre, Satan is a former angel of God (Lucifer) who fell. Revelation 12 verses 3, 4, and 9 indicate that he induced one third of the angels to join His rebellion and fell with him. He is not in any way equal to or a counterpart to God. But he is still a supernatural being thousands of years old, with an advanced scientific knowledge of how the universe works, so he can do things that to us would seem to be indistinguishable from magic and the miraculous. He also has lots of henchmen to serve as deputies, using many different names.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Der, you see her
Sitting der a-cross de way
She don' got a lot to say
But there's something about her
Oh, you don't know why, but you're dying to try
You want to--lick de girl!

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

(I'll stop before I get carried away.)
rivka
Member # 4859

Too late. [Razz]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Awww.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Aspectre, Satan is a former angel of God (Lucifer) who fell. Revelation 12 verses 3, 4, and 9 indicate that he induced one third of the angels to join His rebellion and fell with him. He is not in any way equal to or a counterpart to God. But he is still a supernatural being thousands of years old, with an advanced scientific knowledge of how the universe works, so he can do things that to us would seem to be indistinguishable from magic and the miraculous. He also has lots of henchmen to serve as deputies, using many different names.

The devils were created by God.

They rebelled.

There are many copies.

And they have a plan.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Awww.

Sorry. I think I may just have an irrationally negative reaction to the idea of being licked. Except maybe by a puppy dog or a kitty.

You're not either, so *squick*

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Heh, heh. No worries, Rivka.
Lisa
Member # 8384

How do you know he isn't a puppy dog or a kitty? We already have a Puppy who posts here.
rivka
Member # 4859

I have met Puppy. In fact, I have known Puppy for many years. And Stormy, sir, is no Puppy!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The truth is out.

This thread proves it.

Rivka is Tony Danza.

Boy was that a shock, especially to Rivka.

Go ahead Jack. Write a tract on that.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
Rivka is Tony Danza.

Boy was that a shock, especially to Rivka.

No kidding! Who knew I was Italian?!?
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Awww.

Sorry. I think I may just have an irrationally negative reaction to the idea of being licked. Except maybe by a puppy dog or a kitty.

You're not either, so *squick*

I, on the other hand, almost wish for reincarnation so that I could come back as an ice cream cone.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Perfect.

Stormy, this is Kate.

Kate, meet Stormy.

I hope you two will enjoy many years of salivary satisfaction together.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Hooray for perverts!

[Group Hug]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.