FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I serve Baphomet, the god of Masonry! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I serve Baphomet, the god of Masonry!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
too funny -- those lyrics actually make a lot more sense!

Ummm . . . I mean bad pun. Bad.

ETA: In response to Scott's Tony Danza pun, halfway up the page now. Am I that slow?

Actually, it was a Friends reference...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Who knew that by "Nature's God" the founders meant Baphomet!
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The devils were created by God.

They rebelled.

There are many copies.

And they have a plan.

Lisa wins the thread!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Actually, it was a Friends reference...

Oh . . . well then my LOL goes to the Friends writers for their funny pun rather than to Scott R! [Wink]

(same for the "bad pun, bad" chastisement, I guess!)

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I never watched Friends. I heard the joke from my wife's aunt, who told it to us before Friends ever started.

So... nyahh!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That explains the slight misquote.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
All right now, I thought it was funny and I'm not going to go checking Snopes to find out if your friend's wife coined it pre-Internet in the days of whatever sitcom Tony Danza used to star in (how old is Elton John's Tiny Dancer anyway?) or if Baphomet himself invented it in Babylonian times!

I think it's Baphomet who is influencing me to keep checking this thread rather than finish the project I'm working on. yeah, that's it.

I keep trying to come up w/ a Baphomet pun but I'm having no success. It seems like it's just there on the tip of my tongue. I lay that down as a challenge to abler punsters than I.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Well, I thought it was interesting. Most people assume Free Masonry is quasi-Christian, but it actually is Occultic. If you don't believe in Christianity or the Occult, you won't see anything to be concerned about. But what if there is a God, and there is a Devil? Why take the risk?

Bullshit.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I like how in the process of getting masonry totally wrong, he also calls Crowley a satanist.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Chink's got the masonry all wrong, too? Yowie. Chimney fires are bad news. [Smile]
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
If I thought there was a god, I'd pray hard for comrade Chick to be caught at tax evasion, like his fellow obnoxious scumbag, Kent Hovind. The world needs more pictures like this one. Alas, constitutional law and the right of the US government to tax people is apparently not one of the bees in his bonnet.

Hmm. I wonder, does he take requests?

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Wikipedia, Baphomet

Near the end of the article, it mentions that Chick was wrong, and why.

Much of Chick's mis-information comes from a number of books written by an athiest-with-an-agenda by the name of Taxil.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about that:

The Taxil Hoax

I find all this very interesting.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
While I, on the other hand, can't stop thinking about Tony Danza popsicles.

<insert Homer Simpson drool noise>

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Which of these two is more dangerous to American society?

Karl: interested in frozen confections of a former TV sitcom star;

Scott: interested in demonology, the occult, and proving stalwart Christian fundamentalists utterly and completely wrong.

[Evil Laugh]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, given that Tony Danza pretty clearly has a pact with The Dark One and is a harbinger of the apocalypse, I don't think there's any question it's the Tony Danza fantasies.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's a Mason, actually. :ninja:

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Nah. It's me.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Oh, please. You're the Hello Kitty of evil.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
<---wants to be the Hello Kitty of evil. [Grumble]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Okay. Works for me.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

<---wants to be the Hello Kitty of evil. [Grumble]

*pat pat*
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:

LOL
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Follow the link I posted.

I can tie ribbons on Cthulhu and make him walk the plank.

I am one bad muthah.

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Speak of the Devil, and GoogleBannerAds invites us to Join the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Google is apparently unaware that everyone here is a member of the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy, which offers Dental.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

That link is cute, Scott. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.