FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I want for the holidays: Gifts should be being picked out right now. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I want for the holidays: Gifts should be being picked out right now.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thread to post what you want for the holidays gift exchange.

I'd really like to get everyone to post in here by the 17th, so it seems very likely I won't email you who you will send to until you have posted in this thread.

Favorite colors and Collections are great, so are allergies, lists of interests, and answers to my questions below.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts?

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea?

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience.

Thanks everyone.

[ November 28, 2006, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
Homemade gifts are awesome.

I love neutrals - tans, greens, etc. Things made out of wood or wrought iron seem to always appeal to me.

Something from a specific town is cool, as long as it's not like a shot glass or something. If I might actually use/consume it, GREAT!

No allergies. I like music, writing, scrapbooking and other crafty stuff and I have two small children.

First time Hatrack gifter.

Looking forward to participating in the exchange.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic04:

colors: purple, pinks, usually with greens and blues.

collections: well I really love yarn, it's seriously what I spend much of my money on. But I'm also really into horses. Last I've recently started collecting books for a future classroom, mostly elementary level stuff, and I have an amazon wishlist which I'll edit into this post later. Chocolate, I forgot chocolate. Mostly dark chocolate, with nuts or sweet things in it but no fruits.

Allergies: I am sensitive to scented things like body spray or lotion.

Homemade gifts and local things are what this gift exchange is about, though so are things that a person wouldn't think to buy for themselves.

I do love what I've gotten and look forward to it again. I think I explained what I got in the other thread, so you'll just have to look there.

[ November 08, 2006, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I like midnight blue a lot. I do like homemade gifts. I absolutely love books. If I have a collection of anything, it'd be books. Oh oh, and I love history. I'm a History major in college.

Sooo ... a midnight blue homemade history book, plus some frozen foods, would be perfect! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Is World Peace such a crazy thing to ask for? ; )

I don't mind receiving homemade gifts, especially if someone's really put some effort into it. It's a cool way to get to know the gift-giver a little better.

My favourite color's yellow.

I collect things 'Peter Pan' - big fan of the story.

I wouldn't mind something from someone's town, as long as it came along with a story about how it's relevant to the town...

I haven't done this before but I'm thinking it's going to be pretty cool.

I don't have any allergies.

And my interests are pretty widely varied - from reading to writing (mostly poetry) to just about all things outdoors to traveling to... I'm pretty open to most things.

And I'm excited about this exchange! : )

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite color...my house is decorated in bright colors. Blues, reds, greens.

Homemade gifts are great. [Smile]

Allergies...long dog/cat hair. So if you have a long-haired pet, don't let it near the gift, or I might get sniffly.

Anything from a specific town is fine. Except unlike Daisy, shot glasses are fine, too. [Razz] I really like pirates. And stuffed animals. And books. And movies and tv. And coconut. And pineapple. I have a tortoise, and soon I'll be getting my puppy.

[Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
I love homemade gifts. They make you feel special. ^_^

Colors... red, green, blue and silver.

I love baking, anime, reading (though rarely these days), among other things.

Don't think this will actually apply but I'm allergic to shrimp.

The 'something from your town' is neat but as for me, I don't even know what I'd pick from my own town... >.<

First time participating in the gift exchange.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce, I'm going to see if I can find a shot glass with "Tallahassee" on it. If I do, I'm so sending it to you for Christmas. [Razz]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens, is it time to post here already? Guess so...

Colors: I'm not the biggest fan of pink, and much of my wardrobe is blue, green, red or brown. I do like dark greens, though.

Interests: Lots. I don't really collect things anymore, except books I don't need. [Smile] I am a Classics MA student, so anything in Greek would be pretty cool, though dangerous, owing to the ever-growing size of my collection (though if anyone's got an Oxford of the Homeric Hymns, I would be severely in debt to him/her).

Allergies: None that I know of. I suppose the burden's on you, O Mysterious Gift Sender, to figure out my first one ever.

Homemade gifts are wonderful, of course; local-flavour gifts equally so.

Having done this exchange before, I can honestly say I love participating. It's always a huge challenge to find something appropriate for my giftee, and I look forward to this year's challenge.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an 18 year old undergraduate studying architecture.

Colours: Really anything tasteful is fine. Architects have this thing about wearing black all the time, and as a student I'm picking up the habit. But Apple is converting me to the light side.

Collections: very small scale models of ships/WWII tanks/soldiers/space shuttles/starships/planes/helicopters. Boys will be boys. I should have outgrown these already, but I haven't yet.

Home-made gifts are fine, but region specific ones are even cooler. I can't use a shot glass, because I don't drink. No allergies etc., but food might not get through customs these days.

Interests: architecture, history (esp. classical, WWII or American), books and film, computers, travelling, a budding interest in US politics. I stay out of the political threads as much as possible, because I don't consider myself well enough informed. But I'm trying to rectify that.

This is my first time doing the gift exchange.

Ditto for me:

quote:
Originally posted by imogen:

Also, Australian customs will get upset at you if you try to send any home-made food, fruit, seeds, soil, nuts, illegal drugs or smuggled wildlife.

Postage expense wise, it may be better to go smaller and lighter. International air post for bulky packages can be exorbitant. International air post for small things is not. (My last package of yarn from the States was US $1.95 postage. Just sayin’.)

Edit to repair sentence.

[ November 18, 2006, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Euripides ]

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

Whoever my giftee turns out to be, I promise I won't send you a stuffed koala bear or a miniature boomerang. You know, unless that's what you want.

PJ, can this please get stickied?

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color(s): My favorite is green. My best color to wear is navy blue, although I look pretty good in all soft pastels and cool colors. I strongly dislike pink (although I'm giving in on dressing my girls in it, I don't wear it myself.)

Collections: I collect little boxes and box-like containers, wooden and ceramic and the like, but my husband would really prefer it if you don't get me any more.

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: I'm allergic to many flowers and perfumes, so nothing with a scent, please. Even natural ones often bother me. I'm also allergic to rubbing alcohol and have extremely sensitive skin, so please no lotions, soaps, body sprays, etc. I'm allergic to rabbits, so no angora if you knit. My skin is often irritated by wool, so in fact, if you knit, please cotton, synthetic, or cotton/synthetic blends only. I'm also allergic to hazelnuts, artificial dairy topping, grass, some trees, dogs, goats, and one specific kind of blue food coloring, but those are probably less relevant. Oh, and I'm sensitive to beeswax and honey, so none of those, please. I don't like nuts as a general rule, especially peanuts, although I can take them in small quantities. I don't really do seafood, although I don't know that that will matter to anyone, and I don't like barbecue flavors, smoked anything, or ketchup other than Heinz. I'm LDS, no coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, etc. Sorry, I'm no fun to shop for, I know. [Frown]

Interests: Well, I'm a mom who doesn't get to do things for herself often; I love to cook; I love to read, some of my favorites being Sherlock Holmes, historical mysteries, and, of course, spec. fic.; I like cats (have two orange tabbies), and I am working on learning the mandolin and love to sing. I love old-timey, bluegrass, and world music (except Tuvan throat-singing, which gives me migraines.) Oh, and I like hats and look great in them. Not to brag, I just totally do, especially hats with brims.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? You bet! Although I have limited time to do them myself, so I don't hold it against people if they don't do homemade.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? It's pretty fun, although I'm cool either way. Last time I got a book with pics of Colorado and that is so gorgeous that I'm planning a vacation there at some point.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? I did indeed love the experience. [Smile] This will be my third year and I have loved it each time (the giving, I think, even more than the receiving!)

[ November 08, 2006, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color(s): Blue and green.

Collections: None that I can think of.

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: I don't like cherries. Or sweet potatoes. I'm LDS so no alcohol, tobacco, or (duh) illegal drugs. I don't like cola or herbal tea, either, although I'm a big fan of hot chocolate. I don't like chocolate and mint together.

Interests: Sports! Also animals, food, reading, Star Wars.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Sure.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I guess that's okay with me.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? I haven't done it before, but it seemed like Anne and Emma had fun.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color(s): Pink, red, orange, blue.

Collections: My mommy says I collect Superman stuff. I just know I really like it.

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: I don't like things that make loud noises. I am sometimes scared of stuffed animals, they're probably not a good idea, although baby dolls and plastic toys are fine. I have a baby sister who will put anything in her mouth and I am under three myself, though, so please no small parts or easily breakable items. I'm allergic to zinc and have sensitive skin, and my mommy would prefer you not give me anything that I put on my skin (lotion, chapstick, soap) or eat without checking if it's okay (although I wouldn't object to cookies or candies myself. You can e-mail her and ask if something is okay if you have something specific to eat in mind.)

Interests: I like Superman, Sesame Street (especially Bert and Ernie), Jesus, and sports, especially baseball and soccer. I like music, anything I can dance to (my mommy says nothing with bad words, please) and I love Raffi. I like things that are red and blue because they remind me of Superman. I like to read books and look at pictures. I like to wear hats and jackets with hoods. I wear a size 3 or 4T. I love to eat, especially candy (my mommy still wants you to ask her before you send me something to eat.) I like toys a lot, especially ones that play songs or flash lights or go. I like to pretend and copy things that big people are doing. I like animals and babies. I like to draw and color.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Yeah!

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I won't give my mommy a straight answer on this one. I think I'm too young to know. My mommy says that I would probably love anything that has pictures to look at, especially something like a photo album with pictures of buildings, plants, animals, and people for me to look at.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? I had fun choosing a treat and toy and drawing a picture. I drove my parents nuts going to four different stores and looking through everything to choose the gifts, though.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Colors: black, white, browns, grays, dark blues and red. I appreciate a dark olive green too.

Collections: 'fraid not.

Allergies/dislikes: No allergies. I'm not a huge sports fan though. Fruitcakes will not be tolerated; after all, they're a national security risk. [Big Grin]

Interests: I read a lot, but haven't had anything new for a while, and I really enjoy trivia. Comics are awesome too. I love video games, especially RPGs (I won't hold my breath for a new game [Wink] ). Occasionally, I try to be an artist, so supplies and/or anything you find visually appealing and would like to share is cool. New music is also fun; I go for hip-hop, almost any not-metal rock, ska, and some reggae.

Homemade gifts? Groovy.

The ever-popular "I'd like something from your town" idea: Fun, but not necessary.

I've never participated in the gift-exchange before, but I was visited by myself from the future saying I'd love it. I'm not quite sure why it was important enough to come back and tell me about, so if the universe implodes, my bad.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I like everything [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colour(s): Ferrari red, Bugatti blue or Lotus yellow if you catch my drift.

Collections: None

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: I'm not overly fond of spiders.

Interests: I like the great outdoors, industrial history and sci-fi

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Fine with me. Although I'm not that crafty myself.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I think this is a great idea. In fact it's a preference.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? This a first for me, but I think it's a great fun community concept.

EDIT: Here's some bio, just in case you're struggling: Geek dad, married with one little lad of eighteen months. I live in the Basque Country (Northern Spain) so small and light will probably be the watchwords for any gift to avoid vast carriage fees. Eatables are probably out too, in order to pass customs. For the same reason explosives and firearms probably aren't a good idea either... Whatever you send it's the thought that counts and I assure you I'll love anything! Thanks in advance.

[ November 17, 2006, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: anti_maven ]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Interests: Star Wars, Firefly, music, reading.

Homemade gifts are fine.

likes/dislikes: No alcohol, tobacco, or coffee.

Collections: music, movies, books.

I'd like something unique to the sender's locale.

Musical tastes: jazz, blues, country, folk, rock, pretty much anything but rap.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Edited to add biographial stuff. I'm a 34 year old male (well, by the time you send me something I'll be 35, actually, but still male), living in Dayton, OH. I'm a Domino administrator by trade (no that has nothing to do with pizza).

Favorite colors
Depends on what it's for. Deep reds look good in most of my house, but I'm much more likely to go with blues, greens, browns and black for clothing.

Collections
Just books, like everyone else here.

Allergies.
I'm deathly allergic to horses. If you buy me a pony I shall be most put out.

Interests
Pretty much everything except sports. I'd probably enjoy dying of asphyxiation while riding my new pony more than I would getting something sports related.

Sure! As long as it isn't a crocheted football cozy or something, homemade is great. If you're an artist and feel like giving a piece of your work I would absolutely *love* that. Homemade food is great too.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience?
It was fun! I enjoyed it and didn't have any hesitation about doing it again this year.

General likes
I love really good chocolate, dark more than milk. I enjoy being exposed to new music of pretty much any genre; a CD from an interesting band local to your area would be welcome, as would a mix CD of some of your favorite stuff. Something emblematic of the area you're from would be great. I love books, and have recently been getting into graphic novels.

[ November 15, 2006, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Homemade is great.

Unique local things are great.

Consumables - (food, candy, drink, candles, incense, etc) are great.

I like greens (earthy ones best). I like odd desk toys, books, music, movies, puzzles, dragons (I collect them, but shy away from cutsey and too brightly colored), dragon flies, things that fly, and games.

All in all I'm pretty easy to please. [Smile]

Oh, and no allergies as far as I know.

I did the exchange last year and got a cool electronic dart board and a CD of Jewish inspirational music. (Thanks again SoS [Wink] )

[ November 08, 2006, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not allergic to anything, and I don't have any color preferences either.

I really like is finding new music (mostly acoustic lately, but I also love old R&B, jazz, blues, Motown era guys -- especially obscure stuff), so a CD from a good local band would be awesome. I've been wanting to read more of the classic philosophers, so if this is an area you're familiar with that would be helpful. Homemade is great (especially food or art). I've also been reading graphic novels lately, so that may be a possibility.

Then there's always the old standby -- a sock full of coal. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Jake, if someone buys you a pony, can I come get it? It'd be worth the drive.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing in the world I like more than being surprised. On the other hand, if people could avoid sending food (esp. candy), I'd appreciate it; the holidays already test my resolve too badly. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Kama, would you like brussell sprouts and orange shag carpet sent to you? If not please tell us something special about you.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors
I love cobalt blue and deep orange with moss green as the nuetral. That's the color scheme of just about everything I get to pick the color of nowadays. But I like just about everything. [Smile]

Collections
Books and movies and CDs. That's all. I don't really collect anything else - I move around a lot so except for books I don't like to really have things.

Allergies
Just cats, as far as I know. [Smile]

Interests
Pretty much everything. I like people, so I'm interested in anything people are passionate about. I am currently passionate about books, old movies, Liza Minelli, Edward Norton, Roman history, pretty earrings, oil painting, fugues (the musical kind), and celery-flavored soda.

Yes, I love that. [Smile]

It was a great experience and I'm so glad I did it before.

[ November 08, 2006, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic, consider it yours!

Kat, [Smile]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite colour is dark blue
Dir en grey, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and tori amos stuff are cool
And things with rabbits or snowmen and pretty cute homemade little doll things are just adorable
I'd be happy with a shiny rock at this point.
And I like really good dark chocolate too [Big Grin]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

Favorite colour(s): Neutral colors (brown, tan, white, etc) and pastel colors.

Collections: books, yarn, and dolls

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: none [Smile]

Interests: Sci-fi and fantasy books, Spanish literature, New Age music (especially Enya), and knitting.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Sure

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I love it!

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? Never done it before, but it sounds like fun!

Oh, and if your wondering, food such as candy and drinks are fine too.

Hope this helps

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm easy. I like it all. Send me something YOU'D love to get.

This has been a blast in the past, and I'm really looking forward to this year. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Whoever is planning to buy a pony, please email me.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
ok don't send me vegetables and spiders.

orange shag carpet is fine. [Razz]

hmm, ok, i'm not big into music either.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Colors: Earthy colors, black, and darker blues.

Collections: Books, Movies, video games

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: none, (my immune system is smart enough not to wig out needlessly) [Wink]

Interests: Video games, movies, reading, Asian arts and crafts, music, scuba diving, traveling, and hats.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? I will accept them yes [Big Grin] Reminds me of last nights Simpson's episode where Marge tells Bart, "If I give you money to buy something for your dad how will it be a present from YOU?" Bart replies, "Where do you get all your money from?"

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I love it!

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? Never done it, very much looking forward to being a regular. Not enough gifts going to the people who ought to get them I say.

[ November 08, 2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Purple, Pink, Green, Black, I also love polka dots

Collections: I have a small collection of double bass stuff(I am a double bass performance major),

Allergies: Just seasonal allergies and sulfa which I wouldn't think would be a problem unless you are sending me medication.

Interests: Bass, Music in general esp. classical, Good food

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Sure

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? Sure

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? Yes, very much.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Hey Karl, I just realized I need Chris to post in here too, so you can or he can actually do it himself.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Colors: Black, white, shades of gray, khaki.
Collections: I don't collect anything other than broken, unrealized dreams. /emosob
Allergies: Mild lactose intolerance.
Homemade: Fine with me!
Local Items: Fine, within common sense borders.
Interests: odds are, if I'm interested in it, I've already bought it for myself or have plans to do so. I am, however, in the process of redecorating my apartment, and anything nifty in the above colors would work just fine.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Pearce, I'm going to see if I can find a shot glass with "Tallahassee" on it. If I do, I'm so sending it to you for Christmas. [Razz]

Only if I get to send you a t-shirt painted in lipstick that says "Tally-ho."

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If I get eros I know what I'm getting. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
And for the first time I just parsed erosmaniac's name.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colour(s):None.
Collections: books, games, silliness, puzzles

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: green vegetables. Ok, its not really an allergy, just dislike.

Interests: I'll try anything. Anything except green vegatables.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Very big yes.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? I'd love it, as long as the city isn't Bagdad.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? Been there, done that. It is fun

Finally, my own bit of holiday wisdom:
Joy does not come from getting what you want.
Joy comes from wanting what you get.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
And for the first time I just parsed erosmaniac's name.

Joke? [Confused]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

More people have posted in here than haven't, that's a plus.
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Colors: i love all shades of blue, silver, and bright colors make me happy [Smile]

Collections: um i dont really have any

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: no allergies that I know of!

Interests: i love to read, snow ski, watch movies, be outdoors, dance, travel, and study other countries

yes definitely

fun but not absolutely necessary

This is only my second time doing the exchange but i had a lot of fun with it last year!

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Colors : blue, yellow, maroon, orange

Collections : books (I'm really into the classics lately - Shakespear, Goethe, Dickinson), movies, music (sheet and CDs), anything with or about dolphins, hats and bags (I collect cool ones from places I've been to)

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes : none really. I am LDS, so the usual...

Interests : outdoors, mountains (I'm somewhat obsessed with Everest and high altitude in general), traveling, Asian art, Michelangelo, photography, pottery, piano, reading.

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Absolutely

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? Sounds great!

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? This is my first time and I'm pretty excited!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color(s): I like them all.

Allergies/sensitivities/dislikes: I'm gluten intolerant so its best to avoid sending me food unless you know the gluten free diet very well. I do love belgian chocolate but would rather pass on the american brands.

Interests: Hiking, bicycling, knitting, reading, peace and social justice. wild flowers and plants,

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Love em.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea? Excellent. Especially regionally themed Christmans ornaments

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience? Love is probably too strong a word but I was amused.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Rabbit, I haven't gotten an email from you. If you haven't sent one that's still ok.
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I like all colors, have no collections or allergies, am interested in all things interesting, enjoy homemade and local-themed gifts, and had great fun doing this exchange last year. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: I like earth tones.

I like homemade gifts

I am alergic to long haired animals, I think.

I like food... cooking is a major thing with me, anything I can use in the kitchen in food preperation will be well appreciated, either consumable (local jams? cheeses? etc) or non-consumable, though I have a well stocked kitchen.

I am into the "from my town" thing, to some extent, but I'm not a big "knickknacks" guy.

Anything that goes with curling up in front of a fire with popcorn will be appreciated.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
PJ, can this please get stickied?

Thanks PJ.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not in the gift exchange, but if anyone has a spare Nintendo Wii lying around when holidays come around, think of me. hehe
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Reds and purples. I have a weakness for a classy combination of purple and green. It's weird, I know, but I think it's really pretty in the right combination

allergies: No allergies, but I'm LDS so alcohol/tobacco/coffee is right out

Interests: Anything crafty, I'm also into medieval reinactment, fantasy, sci-fi, and movies.

Sure, I've made a few of them myself

To recieve, sure. To give...I can't think of anything particularly fascinating about Provo, but I can try.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience: Absolutely! This is my third year doing this -- I made some bangles one year, and the next I got a "Best of Bollywood" album. I also recieved a stuffed fozzie bear (which I still have) and a copy of "The Little Prince" from France (which I also still have). Thumbs up for the Gift Exchange!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.