FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I want for the holidays: Gifts should be being picked out right now. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I want for the holidays: Gifts should be being picked out right now.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad CT isn't playing (or is she?) This year there are SPONGEMONKEY TOYS! [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Behave.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Make me. [Taunt]

*ducks and runs*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: cobolt blue, hunter green, orange, brown, crimson red

Collections: I collect science fiction and fantasy books, gemstones and minerals, stuffed moose animals

Allergies: No serious ones. I can't eat bananas, but I very much doubt someone is going to send me a bunch of bananas in the mail.

Lists of interests: Reading and writing science fiction and fantasy; learning about Astronomy/Physics; Ancient History (especially the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern areas of the world) I love British shows and humor. Love science fiction and fantasy shows and movies; jewelry making (beading/stringing, wirework, etc.)

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Love homemade gifts.

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea?: I'd love to have something from someone's town.

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience. This will be my second year participating. Despite my apprehension and my paran.... er... shyness, I had a fabulous time putting together the gifts I sent and receiving the gifts.

Those are the basics. Hope this helps.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
I can't eat bananas, but I very much doubt someone is going to send me a bunch of bananas in the mail.

Does this mean you can't eat anything containing bananas, or only fresh bananas?
larisse
Member # 2221

It's pretty much fresh bananas. I seem to be okay with foods containing cooked bananas.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any favorite colors or allergies. [Smile]

This is my third year in the exchange, and enjoy it greatly. I'm not too picky when it comes to gifts, but something quirky is good.

I am not really in need of any more pink sequined nipple tassels, though. I wear them infrequently enough that they're holding up quite well since last December. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, you know, larisse, I could send you some fresh finger bananas. They're really really sweet. [Smile] And they're, oh, two to four inches long, so really cute, too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I thought I'd wait until the deadline like I did for signing up.

Favorite colors: grey, blue, dark green, "manly colors", etc...

Collections: I collect gemstones/minerals, chess boards, and books.

allergies: None whatsoever!

Lists of interests: engineering/hard science, geology, reading, European history, basically learning in general

Do you like receiving homemade gifts? Definitely

What do you think of the ever popular "I'd like something from your town" idea?: Works for me

If you've done the exchange before did you love the experience. Yes I've done it and if I didn't like it I wouldn't be doing it again.

Jesse

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

Thath ith tho thweeth anth thoughthul oth thu, quith.

/goes to wait for toungue to stop feeling all itchy and swollen-y [Razz]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
Um, you know, larisse, I could send you some fresh finger bananas. They're really really sweet. [Smile] And they're, oh, two to four inches long, so really cute, too. [Big Grin]

Nah, they'd get confiscated by the fruit-sniffing dog people coming in. [Razz]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by larisse:
It's pretty much fresh bananas. I seem to be okay with foods containing cooked bananas.

Bananas suck.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
Bananas ROCK! Especially banana bread!
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Banana cake is better.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Must post here by the 16th to play
I'm sorry, I just couldn't.

Assuming I'm not out of the game, I like primary colors and don't much care for pastels. I'm neutral on earth-tones (hah!).

I'm allergic to most types of gifty hygiene products and to anything designed to be scented--especially candles.

I collect all things Disney, and have a pretty extensive science fiction memorabilia and toy collection. I love books. I also like receiving local flavor gifts.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not out of the game, you just don't get sent a match until you post here.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean I should have received a match at this point?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, but what if we have posted in no location and just received no match yet?
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

TM, email me.
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new here and haven't had a lot of time for posting.

My favorite colors: just about all of them, as long as they're bright. Not big on dark browns, blacks or grays.

Interests: Music, older sci-fi, art (drawings and paintings), some current TV (House) and some older British comedies (Vicar of Dibley, The Young Ones). I also like the old Beauty and the Beast TV series (CBS, with Vincent and Catherine).

Homemade gifts are okay, but no food. No allergies, just trying not to overeat this year.

Local gifts are okay, but not necessary. Novelty gifts are neat, as long as they're not crude (toilet humor, whoopee cushions, fake vomit or poop, etc.). For example, one year I gave my adult brothers Bilz Boxes for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Bilz-Box/dp/B000068UEA/sr=8-3/qid=1164104092/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-0248470-2533700?ie=UTF8&s=office-products

They were a big hit. One brother spent 45 minutes trying to solve the puzzle, the other had his money out in 30 seconds. (I'm not asking for this, just using it as an example, and no, it doesn't come with money, you have to supply that! [Wink] )

So anything cute or unusual would be fine.

Oh, and I like trivia books and motivational stuff too.

And since this is my first gift exchange, could the deadlines be posted again? I need to know how much time I have.

Thanks,

SS

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
The original thread is no longer stickied, so I need to ask again: what's the mailing deadline for presents?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think it is the 10th, but you can look for the thread. It doesn't have to be stickied to find it guys. I'll bump it when I have a minute.
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Mailing date is the 9th for non-student recipients. It's the 2nd for college students.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I try to bump it and keep it on the first page. If there really was anywhere you could ship from, I allow the 10th, you just can't.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We have been shopified today. The Ketchup Family's three gifts are ready to go-- recipients will be finding surprises in the mail shortly. [Cool]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Awesome. Don't forget to email when they are mailed.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I try to bump it and keep it on the first page. If there really was anywhere you could ship from, I allow the 10th, you just can't.

Well, if any of this year's participants are in Israel, their post offices are open Sundays. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I almost said that. I knew schools were. But none are.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
In Israel, Sundays are regular working days. IOW, Sundays are Mondays! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Still working on it, but not sure what to get....
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
My person still hasn't posted in this thread... [Frown]
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Sorry. I emailed you.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just sent you an e-mail; all our packages went out today. [Cool]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
The mailing deadline for international packages leaving Australia is this Friday.

I'm not going to be able to mail mine until Monday....

Oooh, the tension! Will it get there?!

(Yes, it should. Friday is just the last day Australia Post will gaurentee pre-Christmas delivery. But three weeks should be enough.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bounce* I can't wait to see what my giftee thinks!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Thanks for telling us that Imogen.
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe, I know what I'm getting my person...
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
ME TOO!!!!! And I think (hope?) they're really going to love it... *so excited!!!*
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I found something that fell out of my giftee's package! I'm sending it sepearately. So person who gets my gift, please know there's one more thing that fell out, I'm so sorry!
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
haven't gotten mine yet...
They are rather rare, it seems...
hopefully it will be liked, it's something I love.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I mailed my gifties to my giftee! I do hope that my giftee likes them. If I got them, I'd be happy.

Wheee!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mailing mine tomorrow. [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Good pH. I still need to get parts of mine, but the big part is done.
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on my present. You overacheivers are making me ashamed.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

There.
I sent mine. I hoped it is liked... And that it is not worn out. I didn't know it would be so hard to find one of these, I guess it's out of print or rare or something.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've sent mine and I hope it's liked!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.