FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woot Off still in progress (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Woot Off still in progress
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Nato, who are you hearing that from? Is it just speculation amongst friends, or do you actually know someone who knows something about what woot is going to sell, and when?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd buy the wine, but I prefer red, and I really don't need $44 worth of white wine.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I was so tempted by that tablet. But it was only $25 cheaper than last time, it was refurb (r0x0rs!), and it came up while I was teaching.

*wist*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I was tempted by the wooden keyboard, but a) it's not much more expensive elsewhere, and b) in the half-minute it took me to decide, it sold out.

Grumble, grumble...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
That stupid portable DVD player is still up. [Frown]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Anybody get the bag o' crap?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried.

I failed.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Me too. 1500 bags of crap, all sold in less than a minute.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been following this woot-off. Been busy with work, plus I forgot to do my timesheet last week so I'm a bit short of cash. I would've liked to try for the BOC, as I could have afforded THAT, at least, but *shrug* not too upset I missed it.

I've been looking at the community to see the past items every so often, and the only thing that caught my eye was that wooden keyboard. Neat!

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first time I've ever watched a Woot-Off. I've got Wootaholics up to tell me when something new comes up, but even with that, I've missed several things that seem to have come and gone within seconds. The bag-o-crap I understand, but a digital tape measure?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Quick get one now!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Too late.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
This woot is calling to you, Icarus!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, it is!
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

What wooden keyboard? [Confused]

quote:
Icarus Forever
o_O
Icarus
Member # 3162

(I'm using the woot tracker at Bagsofcrap.com, and the one I'm using--they have like 4--doesn't have the descriptions, so I didn't know what the heck you were talking about at first!)
Icarus
Member # 3162

zgator, during woot-offs they frequently sell off their leftovers, so they might only have ten or twenty of some of these things.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in class for the bag of crap. I'm not really interested in anything else as I have just about no money right now.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Nato, who are you hearing that from? Is it just speculation amongst friends, or do you actually know someone who knows something about what woot is going to sell, and when?

I asked the guy in charge of their website.

The BOC's always seem to come up when I'm not at the computer. Oh well, I got a nice mp3 player/audio recorder out of this woot-off.

They had 446 of those tape measures, but cheap items like that sell really fast. The Woot-offs are a like a big stress test on the website; they've got thousands of people refreshing like mad whenever it looks like a product is about to sell out. They've got their system upgraded from last year, so that it can handle the load a lot better, but they don't have a way to process credit cards faster than 4 or 5 every second. The processing for the bags of crap can take up to 20 minutes, I guess.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Very interesting. Thanks Nato!
Valentine014
Member # 5981

ANOTHER ROOMBA?!?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I didn't get it but I tried.
Icarus
Member # 3162

*cry*

I came so close on that bag of crap!!!

[Cry]

Nato
Member # 1448

quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:
I didn't get it but I tried.

Yep, same here.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I *had* a bag-o-crap and was filling out the credit card/shipping information only to learn that those bastidges don't ship to Hawaii. I almost had it delivered to my daughter on the mainland, but didn't.

I'm so disappointed. I only noticed this thread yesterday and have been having so much fun watching for something I might want. [Cry]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* So close...
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, it's a pig-speaker and it sold out before I saw it! I would have bought one for Troll.
(Troll likes pigs.)

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I had it. I even got to the final yellow button. But I was delayed because the credit card they had on record, it turns out, is the one I lost last week, which I only discovered after they rejected it, and I had to reinput CC info.

I had been refreshing repeatedly when it came up. I was all over the damn thing, and the page loaded instantly.

[Cry]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I made it to the final yellow button, too. But by the time I clicked it, it came back with "there is not enough to complete the order." [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I got the "Wait while we see if there's enough stuff" window.
Nato
Member # 1448

The Woot-Off is back on!
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
The vacuum cleaner looks lovely; I'd love to get one for my family. But $, $, $...
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom has one and loves it - she even got it from woot... Yes I have introduced my mom to the wonder that is woot. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I totally got the Roomba. I've been wanting one forever; my place is too small for a regular vaccuum. Oh, no more sweeping...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! I can't believe I missed the roomba! Last time I looked it was a bluetooth headset [Frown] *grumble*
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
What's with all the wine today?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding - I like wine, but they can't ship it to AZ, so it's completely useless.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah! I just missed the random bag of crap!

Curse my metal body, I was too slow!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

What? When? I haven't seen one, and it isn't in the blog!
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Well, it just came up but it sold out while I was trying to figure out how to up my order to three. They made it so you could only order one this time. [Grumble]
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there may have only been one. It was up for 20 seconds.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
It always defaults to one, you have to change it to three, if you can reload your pages fast enough.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
They simplified it this time, buy one (the only option), get your three craps.

I still missed it.

[ March 23, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Yeah, Chris, that was my problem. I was looking for where I could switch it, and by the time I realized you couldn't I had missed it.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I do NOT need another Roomba.

>_<

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
You could buy me a Roomba!

*puppy eyes*

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*snort*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I had no difficulty resisting the Roomba. Two is enough for me to have bought.

I wonder if my father would have wanted one for Fathe--

Nope. No more Roombas.

How about this camo phone? Is this not the most ridiculous invention ever?!

rivka
Member # 4859

And refurbished, to boot.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Single serving coffee thingy.

::resists::

*want*

::resists more::

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.