FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Hatrack Photo Album (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: New Hatrack Photo Album
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
It's me. The big bald guy.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
What a cooperative Juxtapose...
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - I finally put photos up. I wasn't going to, but since I used to have them on Foobonic, I figured I might as well go ahead...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I have those same saw horses, Farmgirl. They're great, but be careful when you're breaking them down--they've given me a couple of blood blisters.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke down and finally registered too. Put up a few pictures, might add more later.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't more people put up pictures? I sure wish I could attach a face to all the people I yell at and get yelled at by.

pH is cute.

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

So I don't know if anyone noticed but the photo album went down for a few days. My web server went nuclear, probably due to the fact that it hadn't been shutdown in about 6 months and I went and rebooted it.

Luckily it was a clean blast, no fallout. I was able to retrieve all the data with a linux live cd and took the opportunity to update the system and everything. It's now back up and running again and nothing was lost. Plus it's running a shiny new installation of Debian 4.0 [Big Grin]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo hoo!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

So I've been doing some maintenance on my web server, cleaning it up and getting it a little more organized. In the process I've moved the hatrack photo album. It's new address is:

http://hatrack.me-mud.org/

Figured that's a little cleaner and easier to remember than that old one. I still don't have enough money to register it a good domain so that'll have to do for now.

Also, I've made it so you can't see any user albums with out logging in in an effort to cut down on spam comments that are being posted. I'll probably try to find other ways, but the comment system is pretty primitive so it may be a while.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I never go signed up to the old fantastic Foobonic, but if the jatraqueros would want to register a name, I'd be willing to chip in some towards that.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! I'll update my bookmark, thanks. (And maybe tomorrow I'll put up some ultrasound pics of Maggie!)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so why does it have something that looks like a broken photo where my thumbnails are supposed to be?
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Does http://hatrack.me-mud.org/ still exist?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.me-mud.org/ doesn't seem to exist anymore at all. Alcon?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

It does. The server went down, due to a power outage. And the IP the domain points to probably changed.

Problem is the server is at home in Indiana, and I'm not, so I have to get ahold of my brother and get him to fix it. It might take a few days. But I'll get it fixed.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*relieved*

[Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks, Alcon!
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried adding pictures, but even though I tell it to create thumbnails at the time there are no thumbnails after I add the pictures. Am I doing something wrong?
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

No you're not doing anything wrong, my server just doesn't have the software to compress the types of pictures you are adding into thumbnails.

It has it for some types of pictures and not for others. It also seems to be a little picky sometimes. I may attack it at some point and see if I can't cajole it into working. There are a number of things that bother me about this particular software -- including the inability to limit commenters to those who are logged in.

Alcon
Member # 6645

Huh, I'm seeing all the pictures you've added as having thumbnails Mama Squirrel. You still not seeing thumbnails? Which particular pictures are missing thumbnails? (links to them?)
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I deleted them when they didn't have a thumbnail.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Okay, even if the thumbnails don't work the pictures themselves should still work. If they don't let me know, and I'll see what I can do about it.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, you are so young! I would've added years to my guess, based on your posting.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer remember what my password to that site is, and I have no idea what e-mail address I used to register. Whoops!

Also, Alcon, if you still want to register a domain name for it, let me know what it is.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack has a lot of freakishly attractive people.

I expected a lot more pale dorks. I'll have to fix that *goes to add pictures of my own*

Okay, I messed something up. I registered, but it had my album name as MY name, and I wanted it to be under my Hatrack name, so I deleted the album...and now I don't know how to create another one. Do I have to register again?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

At the risk of sounding like a douche: who do you think is more likely to post pictures?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
None of the photos of me are particularly recent... so here's a more recent headshot of me. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
Okay, I messed something up. I registered, but it had my album name as MY name, and I wanted it to be under my Hatrack name, so I deleted the album...and now I don't know how to create another one. Do I have to register again?
Fixed it for you. You now have an album named Lyrhawn. You can add as many sub-albums under as you want.

quote:
I no longer remember what my password to that site is, and I have no idea what e-mail address I used to register. Whoops!
Check your e-mail, I reset your password for you.

quote:
Also, Alcon, if you still want to register a domain name for it, let me know what it is.
Honestly, I don't have any ideas for domain names. Sides, I don't think I get naming rights just cause I'm hosting. Hatrack oughta come up with a name together.

quote:
Alcon, you are so young! I would've added years to my guess, based on your posting.
Really? I wouldn't think I sound that much older than the 21 I am. Then again, I don't read a whole lot of posts by 21 year olds so *shrug* Thanks [Smile]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! Thanks Alcon.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
I exist. All my links are shattered icons, but I believe my pictures are still there. Just adds suspense, I guess!
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember my password, and on the off-chance I didn't register, I tried, but it says Shan is taken, so, I think I did . . . Help!

[Smile]

Thank you, Alcon!!!

[Smile]

[ February 25, 2008, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
My album in the hatrack photo album has completely disappeared. I guess I don't exist after all [Dont Know]
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Porce I see your album when I log in, but not when I'm not logged in. Can you see it when you log in?

Maybe it's permissions got screwed up somehow.

Edit: Yeah, you had the permission for everybody remove for some reason. I added view permissions for everyone.

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh, for the longest time I had erosomniac and Occasional mixed up "together". I have no idea why since the names are so different, but sometimes I just make weird mistakes like that on a forum like this where people change names sometimes.

Of course now I see that erosomniac is Asian, which completely threw me because while it is statistically *possible* that there are ultra-conservative Mormon asians that want to shoot atheists, its rare enough that I had to double-check.

Going through the post record, there doesn't "seem " to be a connection or any reason why I made that really strange mental mistake, the posting histories are very different, but I apologize retroactively in the off-chance that I made a post confusing the two of you.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I think that it would be difficult to pick two members who were more different from each other, personality-wise, than erosomniac and Occasional.

[Edit--now I'm thinking of all sorts of pairings of members who are absurdly different from each other.]

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I know. I was pretty puzzled when I made the discovery, the interests and topics seem pretty different so I have no idea why I screwed that one up.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"[Edit--now I'm thinking of all sorts of pairings of members who are absurdly different from each other.]

Sometimes I have done this.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I, uh.

Hmm.

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

Oh! Who is my antithesis, Noemon?
Loren
Member # 9539

- posted      Profile for Loren   Email Loren         Edit/Delete Post 
I am, porce. That's why we should get married. Hilarity will ensue.

Also, pH.

Posts: 100 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
quote:
Fixed it for you. You now have an album named Lyrhawn. You can add as many sub-albums under as you want.

Er....I did the same thing as Lyrhawn. Can you fix it Alcon?

This is what I get for not reading the whole topic before taking action....sigh.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Bando you have to tell me what your user name and and album name are. Feel free to e-mail it to me if you don't wanna post it (dbingham-at-skidmore-dot-edu).
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

quote:
Originally posted by Loren:
I am, porce. That's why we should get married. Hilarity will ensue.

Also, pH.

Hilarity is the best foundation for any relationship.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Added new photos, but the thumbnails are broken.
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
Bando you have to tell me what your user name and and album name are. Feel free to e-mail it to me if you don't wanna post it (dbingham-at-skidmore-dot-edu).

Nevermind. I originally made one that was called Bando Commando, then realized that I don't have a space in my hatrack SN, so made a new one. If you'd like to delete the one with the space in it, that'd be fine.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I have added my pics. I didn't put a recent one of Luna 9 on there, but I do have a more recent one of her on my myspace page. [Smile]
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Hmm...the thumbnailing software seems to have completely died. I'll have to look into that.
Alcon
Member # 6645

There we go. Okay, fixed the thumbnail software and rebuilt the thumbnails. Some of them are still being pretty stubborn (sorry Avadaru). But the rest of them are good now.
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

Here is my album.

For some reason it doesn't show up on the main page of the website until after I log in. Do I need to do something to make it not be private?

Anyway, it's just a picture of me with my brother, and a picture of my cat.

Alcon
Member # 6645

Yeah, you need to go to edit permissions on the side bar. I updated them for you so unregistered folks can see your album.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.