FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: FOX is going to 'Drive' me crazy (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New column: FOX is going to 'Drive' me crazy
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
While their marketing department sure has dropped the ball in the past, I don't think we can safely place the blame for the cancellation of this show on them.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. *sniffle* I'm quite bummed though.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Cancelling... I don't know why they have to cancel it after just a few episodes...
It was getting interesting too. [Grumble]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about this thread when I saw that this was cancelled.

It's a shame. I watched the first episode and thought it had potential. Plus, poor old Nathan Fillion is getting a reputation as a show killer. [Frown]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Kind of nothing to say, I knew the show doomed when the ratings went down each time it aired.

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Cancelled ALREADY?! Rats! I thought they were just taking a week off. [Frown]

Yet another reason to hate Fox. [Mad] [Grumble]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't complain about the amount of marketing for Drive, but I can complain about the quality.

It was too vague, just pushing "Drive!" for a month without showing you any of it. It wasn't until a week out or so we even got scenes with dialogue to get an idea of what to expect.

Running two episodes on Sunday and the next on Monday sounds good if you're going to watch 'em all, but people who missed Sunday had no reason to watch Monday since they weren't caught up.

"Heroes" succeeded, despite complicated storylines and lots of characters, because NBC kept rerunnnimg blocks of shows at different times to give people every chance in the world to catch up. And they immediately put every episode online for free for the same reason. FOX put the shows on MySpace but didn't advertise it very well.

And they should have waited and made this a summer show instead of a mid-season replacement. It was competing with first run shows people were already invested in.

Granted, all of this is hindsight...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
You'd think hindsight would be 20/20... but Fox keeps screwing up, and their hindsight is legally blind.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.