FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Joss Whedon finally snaps (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Joss Whedon finally snaps
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably not. That's a mighty large region to have.

Maybe the gall, though. [Wink]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Must...find....some way....to..avoid...the embarassment...of mispelling gall....
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
Sometimes, people suck. Suckage is not a gender-specific trait. [Wink]

Exactly. There is no action so right or so perfect that it is a shield against other people -- unfortunately, no matter what you do, you cannot ensure you will not have to deal with other people, warts and all. This is the way of all things, not just gender issues.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the standing up when a respected person enters the room was so that you could greet the person on their level. I was taught that it is polite to do this with anyone older, of the opposite gender or with the job you want. Pretty much, anyone you would say "usted" to. I also thought that the standing was accompanied by a handshake, high-five or hug for family members, which is awkward to do from a sitting position.

I am a little baffled that it could be to help the other person sit down. But then, I've always been baffled with helping people with their seats. Unless they are infirmed somehow, a person should be able to scoot their chair four inches forward.

I also open the door for everyone. I am always highly amused by the machismos that get uncomfortable as they pass me bowing them in. (I like to bow too. Being overly formal is a constant source of amusement.)

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
vonk: maybe they think you're joto, eh?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to blow 'em a kiss next time. I'd smack an ass or two, but that might get me hurt.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.