FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Starcraft 2 has had a leak... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 has had a leak...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
The key distinction is this, to put it crudely: the "elves" are whatever race the primary authors masturbate to.

While I more or less agree with your point, the only obvious fap material in SC is Kerrigan, which I guess would make both the Terrans and the Zerg "elves."

Infested Kerrigan attracts and repulses me simultaneously. [Razz]

There is a positively haunting fan painting of her that just recently got linked on the WOW forums, I'll link it later. It is currently my background, you can see the crustyness and moistness to Kerrigans face. It's pretty awesome yet revolting at the same time.

Fortunately as you will note in the picture, Kerrigan's human side lives on in her need to wear SOME makeup and lipstick. [Big Grin]

edit: Found it,
http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/fanart/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=472&Set=0

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I honestly don't know enough about WoW to answer that question. I've stayed well away.
You are a wise man.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't view that page from work (i.e. I'm not even going to try), but if it's the shot of her reclining in the creep I've seen it, and agree that it's quite something.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't view that page from work (i.e. I'm not even going to try), but if it's the shot of her reclining in the creep I've seen it, and agree that it's quite something.

Nope different picture. Its just her portrait with her off to the side.

edit: I don't think I've seen the reclining creep one, care to link it?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Not from work, no. [Wink] It isn't NSFW, but it's a little racy.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Not from work, no. [Wink] It isn't NSFW, but it's a little racy.

oh... [Razz]
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
can u email it to us?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Dude, I'm at work. I don't want to look for the image because then I'd view it. I'll post a link when I get home if I remember.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, that's the dark genius of Starcraft: the Zerg are completely repulsive, but they gave them teh boobs. That's why the "story" really boils down to Zerg vs. Protoss, with the Earthlings as occasional wrenches in various best-laid-plans: no Terran boobs. It also explains the Korean market: you get to play not only as the babe, but ALSO as the tentacles!

[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I know everyone has probably seen these, but what the hell:

The Protoss Conclave

High Templar

Dark Templar, Zeratul

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I just hope they avoid the arbitrary and artificial unit count limits of Warcraft III.

"Okay, you can't have more than this many units, M'kay? But, the guys you're fighting, they're considered three seperate forces, so they each can have that many units. No, no, they're seperate groups, they just all happen to be fighting you. Why, is that a problem?" <groan>

Don't inflict your problems with pushing polygon count on my strategy, Blizzard!

quote:
Vulcans are elves. Klingons are orcs.

On the latter, got it in one. Let's see... Brutal warriors, used to be bad guys, now we're supposed to consider them part of an honorable warrior tradition.... Yep.

Never mind Artrus trying and failing to use the One Ring- I mean, Frostmourne- for good...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Arthas, and he had longed since ceased having good intentions by the time he made it to Frostmourne.

And the Orcs (Warcraft and LotR) got their blood lust and urge to crush, kill, destroy, maim and other wise injure after being corrupted by an outside source.

And while elves were haughty enough to not really like other types of elves, did they ever resort to attempting to kill their gods and then proceeding to kill pretty much everything else like the Protoss did?

EDIT: Oh, and if there's a hybrid in SC II, it'll be the zerg / protoss hybrid. Also, Duran never explicitly stated who he was working for, just that he hinted that his master had made him more powerful than Kerrigan imagined. The Overmind was also very keen on the merging of the Zerg and Protoss at the very lest.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, the protoss are so lame. I just care about the zergs. I wanted to see some new zerg units when I heard about the leak.

Also a side note: The 1 warpgateway limit for Protoss is sort of lame too. I think they should raise it so that it is like 1 for the first 10 minutes and then 2 afterwards, because lategame that could put Protoss at a disadvantage. Just speculating however.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean the Protoss mothership? Dude, it has a Black hole, a time dilation field, and the ability to pulverize anything under it. One is enough.

I Already see Turtle tactics becomming obselete the Terrans as they are now will not stand a chance, it'll take more then a reaper and a fancy armband on their marines to hold the fort.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Architraz Warden:
Arthas, and he had longed since ceased having good intentions by the time he made it to Frostmourne.

And the Orcs (Warcraft and LotR) got their blood lust and urge to crush, kill, destroy, maim and other wise injure after being corrupted by an outside source.

Extremely debatable, and makes neither any less cliched or predictable.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.