FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone still around that I know??

Author Topic: Anyone still around that I know??
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering how many of the people that I knew back in the day when I posted are still posting on the forum. Seems like forever ago, a good six years to be honest lol. I'm on my way back to my home station in Germany from Afghanistan. Sitting in kuwait and hatrack kind of popped into my head. I haven't really kept up well with anyone I used to be in contact with. I'm doing well in general, managed to keep myself from getting shot up etc. again. I'm a Staff Sergeant now and unless things change I may finally get to college to get a comission in about a year now. Hope some of you are still out there. Take care.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you, though I'm not sure if you remember me. I've been away for a while, too, for very different reasons. I'm sure there are lots of people you know that are still here.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I remember reading posts by you, and I think it was before you left. However, I've been kinda gone for a bit as well. Just not gone in the same sense that you were.

Edit: Congrats on the advancement, and good luck with the commission.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you, although I was mostly around the tail end of the time you were. I've wondered about you now and then, since I knew you were headed to Afghanistan. I'm glad you're alright. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
!

Glad you made it back safe, dude.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah well things weren't too bad. My company was pretty aggressive, we took 2 KIA and 36 wounded. Even being the big target I am managed to survive being in the kill radius of more than a few explosions. Fun times, go Zabul province. If you're interseted look up FOB Baylough in Zabul Province Afghanistan. We had quite a bit of action and more than a few articles written on us. I think there is even a short video on you tube about my platoon there, just look up Baylough on you tube.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Heya, Foxy! [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Foxy!

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you probably don't remember me, because we never interacted on the forum, but I sure remember many of your posts. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok and your career is moving forward. Good luck, man.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Black Fox! Welcome back! Glad you're doing okay, and sorry to hear about the injuries and losses in your unit.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I do. Welcome back!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We talked in hatrack chat a time or two about the time ElJay would remember you.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks for the update. Good to hear that you are safe and on your way to reaching your goals (and still think of us from time to time).
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I most certainly remember you. I'm very glad to hear that you're alive and well as can be.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Foxy! Glad you made it through safely! Hope you're taking good care of yourself and staying out of trouble. I'm really glad you're going to college next year. Where do you think you will go?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Black Fox. Nice to see you again.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Sup Black Fox. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back! I remember you!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you, too. You gave me some great information on WWI that I use teaching both World and US History!

I'm very sporatic in my Hatracking, though. I can't even say I'm a good lurker.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
We've talked on hatrack chat a bit, Fox.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here since 2001 IIRC.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey BF, I remember you pretty well. I asked around a few times but no one had heard from you, but that was a while ago. We haven't heard from you in quite a while!

Glad to hear you are OK.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you! Glad you are still safe.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Black Fox! Glad to see you're safe! I hope you still remember me... [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back. [Smile] Whether or not you remember me, I remember you.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Black Fox! As I recall, you were one of the many members of the "Hatrack Family"... [Smile]

Good to see you. [Wave]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Welcome back. [Smile] Whether or not you remember me, I remember you.

Ditto. [Smile]

Glad to see you're doing ok.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Foxy! *tackle hug*

I don't tend to post much here anymore, but I check in every once in a while. I remember you and I'm so glad to see you're doing all right.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Black Fox, WELCOME back from Afghanistan.

Nice move up the ranks. And ain't surprised that you're gonna buck yourself up into the officer corps.
Have you considered putting in last minute applications to the schools of your choice. Believe it or not, colleges have always had a soft spot for veterans and enlisted trying to go officer. Kinda figure the extra maturity makes it more likely that you've the drive to do well in school.
Not saying it'll work, but it's only a few stamps to find out if it's too late for this year. And the brass can get awfully fast in approving releases for education when one of their enlisted gets accepted into a decent school majoring in a specialty the service needs.

Anyway, thanks for your news. I'm sure that a lot of us do think of you whenever a "This is the type of topic Black Fox would jump into" conversation comes up, and wonder how you are doing.

BTW: What was the aftermath of that bomblet incident? PurpleHeart or written off as a "non-combat" "accident" because the bomblet was from our side?

[ August 13, 2007, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you too. [Smile]

Good to hear you're safe and sound.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you. I'm glad you're safe. Are you going to be sticking around?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Black Fox! Glad you're okay.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember [Smile] I remember harassing you about paragraph breaks.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you, Black Fox. [Smile]

This is katharina.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yo.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Black Fox =) I'm glad you're ok!
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back!!! [Big Grin]

I'm really glad to hear you made it through Afghanistan safe and sound though I'm sorry to hear of your unit's losses. Congrats on Staff Sergeant and maybe getting to make it to college!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.