FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is so not what I need right now. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This is so not what I need right now.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.

Well, actually it was going well until this evening about 7. Bridget and Emma started arguing, I noticed a spot on Emma's tooth that looks like it's rotting (that I KNOW was not there two days ago), I found out that all my favorite clearance sales (other than the IKEA one I missed last weekend while Jeff was out of town) are this weekend and I'm almost certainly gonna miss them (you do not know how much of a bummer that is to me unless you know how I love shopping clearance sales), and to top it all off Jeff just called and says he hit some weird slick on the freeway, the car spun, and he hit the divider (this right after I had assured the kids "Abba will be home in 15 minutes." Not.) And that is just the last straw and I am going out of my head.

Can someone please give me a hug? Please?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((ketchupqueen)))
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, honey! *hug*

He's ok, I'm assuming, if he's calling. Is the car seriously damaged?

This rain is doing scary things to the roads. I know I was nervous driving in it, and I just was on surface streets.

*HUG!*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
((Ketchupqueen))
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
He's okay. He's a very safe driver and was going just under the limit, so he kind of controlled it; the front is all smashed up and the CHP patroller who stopped says it looks like the water tank is right down by the wheel, so yeah, he's not driving it. He also says the passenger door won't open all the way but it doesn't look as bad as some wrecks he's been in. He called AAA, they called a tow truck, he's on the way to the repair place right now where my dad is going to meet him. Thank goodness that I have family in the area. And that our AAA membership isn't expired (Jeff is notorious for forgetting to renew it, I think I saw him ignore the notice that came last month.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Thank goodness he got off work late and the freeway was empty. This could have been Very Very Much Worse if it had happened when other cars were all over during rush hour.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(And yay that we pay a little more for decent insurance, with a low-ish deductible, and rental coverage.)
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry your day is going so bad. ((ketchupqueen)) I recently smashed into a freeway divider. Except my cell phone was out of batteries and no one stopped to help me (I am assuming with the rain, people just figured that I had pulled over and was waiting for the rain to lighten up). Luckily, the car still run so I drove home very slowly on my flat tire- the rims and frame were already damaged so I didn't make it that much worse.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((((((KQ)))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear things aren't so hot right now. Hopefully the cosmic forces that run the universe will balance today by having you win the lottery or some such tomorrow.

[Smile] Take heart, tomorrow'll be a better day.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You have to play the lottery to win it... That may be a problem...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a special lottery that you win just for being awesome.

You haven't heard of it?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Nope. I must not be special enough.

I didn't get the special e-mail telling me Tom Davidson's SAT scores and where "Do? That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything!" comes from when I joined Hatrack, either.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sucks to be you....

Everyone knows that line came from Willy Wonka! [Wink]

See?

In all seriousness, I am glad he is OK.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, he does have a headache, and I think he's gonna have whiplash tomorrow. *sigh*

I hope he feels better by tomorrow, though.

anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((KQ))))))))))))))))

'There's always sunshine after rain...'

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
PS - I think there are more hugs on one side than the other - I hope you don't end up lop-sided...

[Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((KQ & KPC)))))

and ((((((Bridey & Emma)))))--to be delivered by their mommy... [Smile]

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh honey! I'm sorry about all that.

(((kq)))

I hope that helps a little.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you are officially due a day that plays like a country-western song in reverse... [Smile]

I'm so sorry, KQ. (((KQ))) May all that is ill be mended.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm sorry KQ. *hugs*

That majorly sucks. Has Jeff seen a doctor? (I only ask because of the rear-end collision we were in a while back which totalled our car - we were ok, walked away, went to the doctor and got a clean bill of health. Anyway, the pains came a few days later - they were whiplash. But for doctors certificates purposes, it was important we had the first drs appointment and the later one.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((KQ))))))
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((KQ))))

I hope things go better for you today!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry! Hope today is better and Jeff is okay.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((kq)))
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Ketchup Family))))
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
((((hugs))))
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this isn't your biggest concern, but it's possible the brown spot on Emma's tooth is nothing, especially if she has good dental hygiene. I got brown spots on my teeth when I was little (old enough to remember), and my mom kept making me brush better and whatnot, worried my teeth were decaying. Turned out the dentist said you can get those marks for brushing too well, or something. They went away.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's tender to the touch, the gum under it is bleeding, and it's a hole in the enamel.

Jeff is currently arguing with Healthy Families to see if we can change her insurance because the one they have us assigned to can't get her in tomorrow, and Jeff can't take her Monday (tomorrow my mom and dad don't work, but he does.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Similarly, there's no way he can get to a doctor. And Allstate says we don't have rental coverage, even though I would SWEAR we've been paying for it lo these many months. AND they say it may be Thursday before they can even get an adjuster out. That's a WEEK. That is not acceptable.

I didn't want to get up this morning because I did not want to deal with this. [Frown] )

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
((((The ketchups))))
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Check the written policy. Allstate is notorious for lying.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh goodness. That's awful kq!

((((((Ketchup Family)))))

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Check the written policy. Allstate is notorious for lying.

Good to know. We'll check it.

On the bright side, Emma has an appointment in Burbank at 2 tomorrow. Now I just have to find a way to get us there. No answer from either parent yet. *sigh*

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh goodness. That's awful kq!

((((((Ketchup Family)))))

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My mom is free to take us. *sigh of relief* That's one less thing to worry about. And I know we won't pay more than $5, thank goodness.
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:

Well, actually it was going well until this evening about 7. Bridget and Emma started arguing, I noticed a spot on Emma's tooth that looks like it's rotting (that I KNOW was not there two days ago), I found out that all my favorite clearance sales (other than the IKEA one I missed last weekend while Jeff was out of town) are this weekend and I'm almost certainly gonna miss them (you do not know how much of a bummer that is to me unless you know how I love shopping clearance sales), and to top it all off Jeff just called and says he hit some weird slick on the freeway, the car spun, and he hit the divider (this right after I had assured the kids "Abba will be home in 15 minutes." Not.) And that is just the last straw and I am going out of my head.

Can someone please give me a hug? Please?

I haven't read the rest of your thread yet, but I just wanted to sympathize. Hope all goes well. I hope your husband is okay!
(I'll probably find out when I read the rest of this thread).

I hit a car pulling out of a crammed Jack-In-the-Box parking lot. :-( Fortunately the lady was nice about it. I was so nervous, I never hit somebody before. That's nothing like hitting a car on the freeway though.

Here's to hoping everything pans out for you and your loved ones.

Edited for hugs.

(((((HUGS)))))

[ January 25, 2008, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Sm34rZ ]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, guys! I hope things start turning up soon.

(Sounds like Allstate is a real winner of an insurance company.)

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh goodness!!! Hugs all around. Hang in there!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((kq))))))

I hope everything gets better. I'm saying a prayer to Julian of Norwich for you -- she's the one who said that all shall be well and all shall be well and every manner of thing shall be well, and she's my patron saint!

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry! Hopefully the dental issue is nothing, but I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

Hope Jeff is feeling okay. [Frown]

((((ketchup family))))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, little mama, you and your family were on my mind all night.

How's everything going today?

E-mailed you!

(((((((KQ & family)))))

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, Jeff picked up a new car seat (a cheap one, not the same one, but it will do-- highest harness slots we can find in a cheap one will JUST fit her, for a few weeks, until they pay out on hers and we get a new one; Bridey's car seat wasn't in the car at the time of the crash, since she had come with to my doctor appt. earlier that day in my mom's car) and we're going to the dentist in a few hours. We'll see how things go there.

Jeff is still sore but not as sore; it's easing up, which is a very good sign.

Jeff spoke to an adjustor and had the car moved to an "approved shop" where they can make an assessment of damages and whether they're going to fix it or total it. (This will make the process go faster-- hopefully.) If they total it, minus our deductible and the remaining balance on the car, we were talking about it and this might be a blessing in disguise-- we were planning to do three-across car seats in our Corolla, which we could do, with about an inch to spare, using three Radians (narrowest car seat on the market.) If the car gets fixed, we can still do that, it'll be tight but it'll work. If the car gets totalled out, we'd have enough to put about $4000 down on the next car, and get a used Camry, same model year, with a balance of only about $4000-- which we could pay off in a few months if we made higher payments than the minimum-- and the Camry would give us a little more room to install car seats; in fact we might even get away with just two of the very expensive Radians and one Scenara (which is an inch wider and only $40! We already own one, but we'd probably buy a new one for the baby. Unless we could get away with two Scenaras and one Radian for Emma!) And now I've probably geeked everyone out with my carseat geekiness. I'm okay, really. Stop me before I go on about extended harnessing and extended rear-facing... Anyway, it gives us more time before we have to buy that minivan.

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad things aren't going too badly!! I hope Jeff will continue to get feeling better!

It really is surprising how minor car accidents can sometimes be a blessing in disguise (my last vehicle, which I'd been planning to sell, was totalled out for more than twice as much as I'd hoped to get selling it, and I found the car I'd wanted that weekend for a good price). Hopefully this will happen for you!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I told my husband that if we ever have three kids, he has to buy me a van. I can't imagine trying to get 3 little ones into a Corolla (that is what I drive and love, but if I had 3 kids, I'd want bigger). He agreed, but I think that is more of a we just won't have three kids then we'll get a van agreement. Of course, a van right now is more then our net pay for the year, so definetely not an option.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

LOL! He actually was willing to buy me a van this year. I'm the one who suggested keeping us a one-car family until we have one more kid. (I'm really very committed to the anti-consumerism. Really. Despite my shopping habit. But I exercise my shopping habit mostly at the thrift store and clearance sales! So, you know, I can still shop, but be anti-consumerism.)
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
You're in my thoughts, ketchupqueen. What a rollercoaster!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, my dear, you're not. You're having a rough time, that's all.

Unless I missed something. Unless when I totalled my Corolla a few years back, just a few months after my back surgery, I should have created an "I am having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day" thread. Unless, in 2006, when my back blew out and I lost 6 weeks of work and had to beg for time, and in 2007, when I lost 4 weeks of work I should have created another "I am having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day" thread. Oh, and then November of last year, when I had ANOTHER back surgery, maybe a thread for that...

And, maybe I should have created an "I am having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day" back in June of 2007 when I was diagnosed with cancer...yeah, that would have been a good time for a "I am having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day" thread. And I really missed my opportunity when my company decided to change insurance carriers 10 days before my cancer surgery, and my doctor was no longer covered, and was demanding $19,000 to perform the surgery.

I'm sorry about your daughter's cavity. I'm sorry that your husband had a car accident. I'm glad he wasn't injured. But I'm especially sorry that you missed that IKEA sale.

Here's a hug (((((((((KQ)))))))))

Now take a deep breath, count your blessings, and please gain a little perspective.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Chill out. She did have a really bad day. Just because there are worse days to be had doesn't mean that her day wasn't bad.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
How about you don't be an asshole Boothby?
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Listen, I've had rough days, myself. I've even posted a few of them here, and on P-Web. But that's all they are. They're rough spots.

Whenever I feel a need to feel sorry for myself and wallow in self pity, I just remember that there are a lot of people who have it a lot worse than I do. Ketchupqueen, thank goodness for her, is not one of those people.

(Nor do I mean to imply that she was wallowing, or that she wanted to wallow in self pity.)

Funny, my daugther said both those things to me (Fyfe and H/E) after I had her read my snarky response.

But if people here thaink that what KQ went through qualifies as a "terrible, horrible...day," they're going to have a hard time dealing with the rest that life has to offer. Well, the bad things, at least.

Here's a check list:

Rough Day:
You get a cavity
Your personal property is damaged.
You miss a sale at IKEA

Bad Day:
Facial contusions from an inflating airbag
Your kid fails a test at school
You leave the IKEA store, and your car has a flat tire.
Broken Bone (simple fracture)

Terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day:
Broken Bone (compound fracture)
Catching your spouse in bed with their lover
Cancer
Divorce
You get fired
You lose medical coverage
Death in the family

All that I'm trying to say is that there's a range. Like I said...try a little persepctive.

But, seriously, I do sympathize with her daughter having a nasty cavity, and her husband having a scary car accident, and she DOES deserve a hug for that. But missing the IKEA sale? I hope that her husband doesn't mind having his car accident put on the same level of concern as missing an IKEA sale.

[ January 27, 2008, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Boothby171 ]

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.