FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Galactica recap up to Season 4 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Galactica recap up to Season 4
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who missed the BSG top ten list on Letterman last night, it's on YouTube. And yes, Number Six did number six. <grin>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd do Number Six.

I'm not sure how I feel about "Caprica" being given the green light. I do wonder what made them change their minds after shelving it a year ago. BSG is one of the last one or two "ships in space" Sci-Fi shows, and I'm going to miss that. I'd hoped that whatever succeeded it would be another show about a Battlestar, in some way shape or form. How exciting can a show be about life on Caprica? What's the plot or real conflict?

I'm excited about their version of Alice in Wonderland though. That should be interesting.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How exciting can a show be about life on Caprica?
Insert "space station" instead, and that's what people were asking about DS9.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was too young back then to know. All I remember is my brother turning DS9 on one day and because he watched it, I watched, and eventually I became hooked (though I think it took a couple seasons to really take off for me).

But, if that's what people were saying before DS9, then I see good reason to be hopeful for "Caprica." I'm interested in what they'll do with it, I'm just mildly skeptical. But hey, it's BSG, so I'm going to watch it regardless. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link, Lisa.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Caprica is going to be, ostensibly, about the Adama family, but the backdrop is going to include things like the development of the Cylons, and possibly the beginnings of their insurrection.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
i.e. more angst
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
hell yeah
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Bring it on
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Another new clip:

Phenomenon

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Oooooo... I can't wait till next week!
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed something interesting in the final episode of season three, although I'm not sure how significant it is. When they are all humming the tune together, Tigh yells out "That's enough, God d--n it". Throughout the series, they've been pretty consistent in having the characters say gods d--n it. If this is more than a slip, it seems that despite their estrangement from the rest of the Cylons, the final five share the same religion. It also makes you wonder how much new knowledge was unlocked with the revelation that they are cylons. If it is enough to make them "realize" the cylon religious views, there is probably a lot more along with it. It's definitely going to be interesting to see where this leads.

Edit: Then again, he goes back to gods later on when he is talking about Ellen. Maybe it was just a slip, or I heard it wrong.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Now I'm going to have to rewatch it.
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
good catch
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I watched the podcast for the trial episode and Ron Moore confirms the death toll for the 12 Worlds stands at 51 billion. They actually had a whole scene where the prosecuting attorney goes into it, but for time they cut it and actually had to digitally erase the numbers from the top of the dry-erase board. BUT they missed it for a beat when Lampkin is talking and you can see the 51 billion on the board behind him.
ricree101
Member # 7749

What scene was that? I just skimmed the trial again and didn't catch it.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be amusing if Ellen turns out to be the last Cylon, and she actually gets to yell at Saul for killing her.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Or worse, forgive him.

Ellen is the only other option, I think. But I still think that Kara's mother is more likely.

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
I just noticed something interesting in the final episode of season three, although I'm not sure how significant it is. When they are all humming the tune together, Tigh yells out "That's enough, God d--n it".

I just rewatched it. He says it in plural. Sorry.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Starbuck's mother is more likely, too. There's the whole destiny thing, as well as Starbuck's return from death (though rumor has it that it may not be a Cylon-style resurrection).
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
I just noticed something interesting in the final episode of season three, although I'm not sure how significant it is. When they are all humming the tune together, Tigh yells out "That's enough, God d--n it".

I just rewatched it. He says it in plural. Sorry.
Yeah, I caught the unambiguous one right after I posted here. To me, the one I was talking about still sounds like it is singular, but even if it is I doubt that there is anything significant about it. I suppose I just jumped the gun on posting here.
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it this last weekend too, and put on subtitles when that part came on. he says it plural.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

OMG omg omg omg...

I just saw a horrible evil spoiler video of 4th season! [Frown]

For gods' sakes don't click on this.
[[[major spoilers]]]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYvXmD94e0&NR=1
I don't think the Human Race is going to survive.

[ March 31, 2008, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Ok... I don't know if this is real... but...

[[[MAJOR SPOILERS]]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaEUKwNNLQ&feature=related

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
Ok... I don't know if this is real... but...

[[[MAJOR SPOILERS]]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaEUKwNNLQ&feature=related

Fan film.
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
I just acquired the season 3 DVDs... That gives me about 67 hours to catch up. [Eek!]
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by orlox:
I just acquired the season 3 DVDs... That gives me about 67 hours to catch up. [Eek!]

Entirely doable. At least, that's what I'm hoping, since I have to finish my latest rewatch in the same amount of time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by orlox:

Me too. I feel your pain. Now where did I put that spare 67 hours....
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Spoiler video. Awesome.

Things are getting as dark and despairing as I figured.

I mean, the end of Season 3, even with the hope of Kara coming back... well. 20 minutes to get ready to go, with four basestars after them?!

You know things are going to get bad now...

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

[spoilers]

Yeah Megabyte, with all the big ships getting destroyed...and the ominous "how many people can we kill, 30 thousand"...looks like the human race could be for most part gone.

0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
*spoilers***

***again, so you don't look, ha ha ha!***

Yeah! Well, the human race was pretty much gone anyway... but now, there will be ridiculously few left. Then again... I suppose that's the point, huh?

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

exactly... [Smile]
Well, let's continue this on the Official Season 4 thread.

Farewell old thread!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.