FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Scott Pot (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Scott Pot
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't true that this community cannot tolerate a thread made specifically for the purpose of mocking one of its members.

Let me begin!

For all my propaganda about my glorious, muscled apathy, I sure do check this forum a lot. Hypocrite? Oh, boy, you really have no idea.

I mean, how much self-loathing can one man possibly bear? I'm Mormon (guilt), I'm white (angst), I'm a Gen-X'r (more angst), I'm a choir nerd (socially confused), and I'm a writer (guilt, angst, confusion, and EGO).

Writer? Hah! For all my talk about clarity, I'm the consummate literary elitist. I make a point of switching between first and third person in many of my stories for no real apparent reason! Furthermore, stylistically, my stories are heavier than James Joyce. I'm not making this up. James Joyce came to me in a dream and said, "Dude. There's such a thing as plot. You might want to add some to your ramblings. You know, so that it could possibly be considered a 'story.'"

I don't really like anyone, but I OFTEN lament the fact that people aren't kind to one another. Hypocrisy, thy name is...well, Scott.

Scott R, I mock you! Openly, and with much derision!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
When I write, I often use the 3rd person even though 1st person would make more sense, just to be difficult. The last email I wrote contained an "Author's Note" explaining that it was written that way.

And I'm not even and author!

To top it all off, I constantly ridicule and belittle the inability of others to make proper use of the English language to convey a written thought.

I am a hypocrite.

Scott - You don't like anyone? I don't like anyone either! How great.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Sorry, is this the self-mocking thread? I was looking for the insult thread.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Your mother is a blackberry witch.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Stop trying to make me feel better. I don't deserve it.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww...
((Scott))
[Smile]

I'm a recovering Catholic, white, 31, and a choir nerd... I can relate to guilt too. [Wink]

Maybe I should be standing and announcing my name...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

HEY!

Personal space, bub!

I swear, if I weren't so scared of male to male emotional displays, and also of physical altercation, I'd punch you in the nose.

But that'd make me feel guilty and angsty, and would prove what I've known for a long time about myself-- I'm a patriarchal autocrat whose penchant for violence is only kept in check by an enforced artificial morality!

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention parading your fantasy life in front of everyone, and having the audacity to call it fiction and try to get people to buy it. Geesh!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

What's even worse, what is truly scummy about me-- despite my protestations to the contrary, this thread is really only feeding my desire for recognition.

No matter how despicable I am; no matter how self-deprecating, I know, deep down inside, that I'm a fantastic human being.

(And I'm going to let YOU know too.)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott is also too cheap to own his own car, and ferries about on the charity of strangers.

TIS TRUE TIS TRUE!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
ScottR is a bigot and one of the most socially irresponsible people I know.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Scott is also too cheap to own his own car, and ferries about on the charity of strangers.
Oh, it's much worse than that: I DO actually own my own car, and it's a small, gas-efficient vehicle.

Instead of selflessly using that vehicle to transport others in an ecological and safe manner, I wantonly go about, evilly riding with owners of less efficient vehicles. I'm a moocher with no real need to mooch!

quote:
ScottR is a bigot and one of the most socially irresponsible people I know.
Heck, yes. See above. I also drink water from public water fountains, depriving others of valuable public medications.
Javert
Member # 3076

And the R after his first name? You know what that stands for, don't you?

pRetentious

Scott R
Member # 567

Also, wRong.

And stupideR.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that Scott's real name is Steve.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You're the reason Hillary won Pennsylvania, you baster.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(guilt, angst, confusion, and EGO)
*give in to the emo inside you...give in....ooooo*
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I think emo people are generally harmless.

I have it on good authority that I'm a menace to society.

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
<anonymous crew member on the Nimbus> You suck!
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Had I been naming this thread, I'd have called it "The Scottlebutt".

Coincidentally, it's also what Scott would have named it himself, were he more clever.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd comment on how I really feel about Scott R, but I'd really like to continue being able to post on Hatrack in the future.

Hatrack is a nice place, despite Scott R mucking about.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
I'm Mormon (guilt)

Pfft.

Amateurs.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel sorry for you if this is the only way you can get attention. And pity, and some contempt. *shakes head sadly*
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

My only hope is that your contempt outweighs your pity.
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
I'm Mormon (guilt)

Pfft.

Amateurs.

That's like saying Linux is an 'amateur' when compared to a really ancient computing schema-- like the abacus.

Crap. I can't even do analogies well.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

"Hurt me," says the masochist.

"No," says the sadist.

My pity outweighs my contempt.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Have you ever seen someone who really knows how use an abacus?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

No. In addition to being pathetic, I don't actually believe that abacusses exist.

I don't need to support my claim. I feel it in my soul, and therefore, you should too.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

I've heard master abacus users can beat people with calculators.
rivka
Member # 4859

Yup. I've seen it done.

Scott, I don't want to feel your soul. I know where it's been.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Only 'cuz they also know kung fu.
Scott R
Member # 567

I'm saddened that there are people in this world as self-deluding as I am.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

That sadness only compounds my pity.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's not too hard to beat people with calculators, especially if they're large and heavy ones like TI-85s.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

- posted      Profile for The Principal           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
[QUOTE]... especially if they're large and heavy ones like TI-85s.

5 Geek Points to Jon Boy.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The top ten things that Scott feels guilty about.

10)If a butterfly's wings can cause a Hurricane, then Scott knows his undignified hand gesture during a moment of road rage led directly to Katrina.

9) One of Scott's ancestors did something terrible to gain the woman he wed. Scott is the end result of that something terrible. What that something terrible was is so terrible that his family has completely covered it up and Scott can not find any trace of it, but its true.

8) Each time Scott passes gas, just to ease his own discomfort, more green-house gases are admitted into the environment.

7) Scott never took the time and effort to simply hunt down and assassinate Osama Bin Laden before 9/11, and for that so many have suffered.

6) That paper he bought to write those "Thank You" notes on--came from what once was Amazon Rain Forests.

5) Ooops, where did he put those "Thank You" notes anyway. They never did get mailed. Worthless ungrateful Scott.

4) Over 1 million people have died and gone to Hell because Scott did not personally knock on their doors and convert them.

3) Scott ate meat that was once a living breathing creature, and it must have died in a truly horrible and ironic way, since everything Scott touches and has died, did so in a truly horrible and ironic way.

2) Scott didn't watch enough Serenity, so Fox canceled it.

1) I was so busy writing about Scotts faults that I didn't do my work. Shame on you. Shame. Shame, stopping me from getting work done.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by advice for robots:

Sure, at basic arithmetic.

But I bet I can calculate the natural log of 142,512,843 with my calculator faster than any abacus user can. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I'm so evil, the top 10 list above really starts at -1 and goes to -10.

I'm that evil.

Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
*Is disappointed that Scott uses such a useless term to define himself as "evil"*
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

quote:
Only 'cuz they also know kung fu.
quote:
It's not too hard to beat people with calculators, especially if they're large and heavy ones like TI-85s.
Like flies to honey.
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

Given the fact that "Serenity" was never a television show, this is especially impressive.
Regina
Member # 11586

- posted      Profile for Regina   Email Regina         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah. As a Newbie, I only have Scott to blame that I don't understand half of what is being posted here.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Regina:
Woah. As a Newbie, I only have Scott to blame that I don't understand half of what is being posted here.

And as long as Scott is here that ratio will NEVER increase, he is that opaque.

Also his name uses a perfectly good vowel that would be better placed elsewhere!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

There are only 4 in jokes on this thread.

Blackberry Witch
((Scott))
My method of commuting
My apathy

I'm such a poor communicator, n00bs can't understand me.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
*Hates Scott for not listing the eslaine/celia evil connotation*
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

Given the fact that "Serenity" was never a television show, this is especially impressive.

Why Scott? Why did you cause me to make that blunder?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Non-sense. The premier episode of of Firefly was called Serenity. Scott could have watched that episode over and over again if had been truly dedicated. What's more, it's possible to watch the ship "Serenity" in every episode.

I suspect that Scott both missed the premier and closed his eyes during every second in which either the inside or outside of Serenity appeared in firefly. How could you expect FOX to continue a show when Scott was resolutely closing his eyes through most of the show.

This went beyond mere negligence on Scott's part. I wasn't just like he didn't hear about Firefly or that he was too busy to watch or that he forgot about it. This was an act of well planned civil disobedience designed to bring FOX to the knees.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.