FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movies that are not good even for one viewing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movies that are not good even for one viewing
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, Wanted was pretty bad too.
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate:

Vampire's Kiss - I loved the premise, but if you can actually stand Nicholas Cage's performance here, you have a much higher pain threshold than I...

The Ice Pirates - I actually wanted to like this. Sadly, no dice.

Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
We should hang out. Wanna go to the movies?

Sounds good to me. Next time I'm in, uh, is it the Bay Area?
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I don't remember Day After Tomorrow well enough (gladly), but come on. Dick Cheney shows up at the end to tell everyone its our fault?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
The Day After Tomorrow can actually quite enjoyable if you think of it as a comedy and watch it with a bunch of scientist in a place where its acceptable to make biting satiric comments and shout at the movie whenever appropriate.

There is another whole class of movies that are so so very bad that they rap around to be good again or at least funny enough to watch repeatedly, at least with the right company.

One of my favorites is "Night of the Lepus", a horror movie about a genetic engineering experiment gone bad that results in herds of giant killer bunnies on the rampage.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
The Day After Tomorrow can actually quite enjoyable if you think of it as a comedy and watch it with a bunch of scientist in a place where its acceptable to make biting satiric comments and shout at the movie whenever appropriate.

Ah, so THAT'S the secret! I was watching it with a bunch of creationist relatives!

Edited for spelling.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate Beckinsale was even hotter in Click IMHO. I couldn't believe how gorgeous she was when I first saw that. But she was indeed tasty in Underworld.

Evil Dead 2

The first one was just terrifying and for that I give it props, although I am not a fan of the horror genre.

The third one was so bad it was awesome, and so many cool lines come out of it.

But two was just not scary, not funny, not awesome, not worth watching.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puppy:
The Day After Tomorrow is worth watching for the wolves [Smile]

That was the only part of the movie when I was entertained, and it probably wasn't for the reason that the director had in mind.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Kate Beckinsale was even hotter in Click IMHO. I couldn't believe how gorgeous she was when I first saw that.

I recently saw (most of) Click on TV, and the whole time I was thinking to myself that she was way too beautiful to be Adam Sandler's wife.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Kate Beckinsale was even hotter in Click IMHO. I couldn't believe how gorgeous she was when I first saw that.

I recently saw (most of) Click on TV, and the whole time I thought to myself that she was way too beautiful to be Adam Sandler's wife.
I completely agree, but I think even the movie hints at this a bit.

Then again, I know many wonderful girls who are married to schlubs.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pegasus:
Oh yeah, Wanted was pretty bad too.

As far as I'm concerned Wanted had two scenes: the one with Angelina's naked backside, and the one when she kissed the main guy in front of his ex-girlfriend. There wasn't a sound in the whole theatre at the last one; men or women, they were all quiet. I found that extremely hilarious. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vadon:
I may be one of the only people in the world who liked 'The Avengers'.

Yeah, I liked it, too.

Thought of another: The Neverending Story II. No matter how much I liked seeing Jonathan Brandis in Sea Quest, it's like pulling teeth to watch even five minutes of that movie.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:

Ah, so THAT'S the secret! I was watching it with a bunch of creationist relatives!

Edited for spelling.

Yeah, I can only see it working as a comedy. Even when you throw out the bad science, I still thought it was an absolutely awful movie.

I am tempted to get the rifftrax for it, though.

Edit: And apparently the preview scene covers one of the most memorable parts of the movie for me.

quote:

Character 1 tosses a pile of books into the fireplace.
Character 2: What are you doing?
Character 1: What did you think we were going to burn?
Commentary: The furniture?

And we're really supposed to care whether or not these people die more so than the hundreds of others we've already seen get killed? I was never really convinced.

rifftrax

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Jawbreaker. I'm still humiliated that I stuck with it until the end. I don't know how I live with myself.

quote:
Thought of another: The Neverending Story II. No matter how much I liked seeing Jonathan Brandis in Sea Quest, it's like pulling teeth to watch even five minutes of that movie.
QFT. But this makes me want to rent "Ladybugs" again. I sure miss old Jon.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Why Wanted, Pegasus? I mean, I wouldn't nominate it for any Academy Awards, but I enjoyed it fine. It was exactly what I expected it to be, and that was what I wanted.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great idea. I thought, "I'll go look at imdb's bottom 100 list, to remind me of the horrid movies I've seen."

It didn't work. Of the 100 on that list, I've only seen ONE of them.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Goldner:
The Beach.

Hah! Seconded.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by Jeorge:
I had a great idea. I thought, "I'll go look at imdb's bottom 100 list, to remind me of the horrid movies I've seen."

It didn't work. Of the 100 on that list, I've only seen ONE of them.

I tried watching the trailers for those with a friend of mine. Wow......
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:
Lost in Space.
The English Patient.
Wyatt Earp.
X-Men 3.
Volcano.
From Hell.
Troy.

I would gladly trade my memory of those movies to get the time I spent on them back again.

Why do so many people dislike Wyatt Earp? I know it's long and not as action packed as Tombstone, but I still think it's a great film.

And come on, you telling me Troy wasn't just a bit entertaining?

Concerning IMDb's bottom 100, I'm ashamed to say I've seen three of them.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeah, I thought both Wyatt Earp and Troy were ok.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Trent Destian:
Why do so many people dislike Wyatt Earp?

Possibly their expectations were raised sky-high by Silverado. They wanted Kasdan to do another tongue-in-cheek old school Western, with all the trimmings.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Swamp Diamonds
The Girl with Gold Boots
Transformers
30 Days of Night

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.