FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gold Illegal? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Gold Illegal?
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ambyr:
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
If you want to stock up for the end of the world, stock up on food, blankets, fabric, seeds, or fuel. Learn to sew, or blacksmith, or build engines, or grow crops.

. . .and be eaten by the zombies, since you left "bullets" off your shopping list.

Well, I guess you could pour fuel on them and light them on fire.

[Smile]

Zombies don't exist. The Weimar republic and Greece 2010, are historical facts....still funny, wit.

I like John Stewart too, and I'm a right wing extremist. Colbert in the bunker made me laugh. I'm just about as right wing as you can find. I'm not building a bunker, although I'll admit, I have a lot of bullets. It's a funny stereotype and right wingers have the ability to laugh at themselves. Do you?

[ November 14, 2010, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: malanthrop ]

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*will not
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

- posted      Profile for Ace of Spades           Edit/Delete Post 
Zombies.
Posts: 431 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
What does this have to do with illegal gold!

I want to get on a Silver Standard instead of a gold standard..... overall Silver is signficantly more usefull than gold for many reasons -
1. It's antibacterial, even though no one knows exactly way; something to do with simalarities to heavy metals but whatever.

2. It's the best metal at conducting electricity.

3. It's shiny and somewhat rare in nature

4. It's easy to remove tarnish (aluminum foil; baking soda; and hot water)

ignore the spelling mistakes, because I don't care anymore >;o

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rawrain:
What does this have to do with illegal gold!

I want to get on a Silver Standard instead of a gold standard..... overall Silver is signficantly more usefull than gold for many reasons -
1. It's antibacterial, even though no one knows exactly way; something to do with simalarities to heavy metals but whatever.

2. It's the best metal at conducting electricity.

3. It's shiny and somewhat rare in nature

4. It's easy to remove tarnish (aluminum foil; baking soda; and hot water)

ignore the spelling mistakes, because I don't care anymore >;o

Silver is more useful, and if the dollar crashes, so will gold. Silver will remain strong, and we may see it climb to a higher price than gold.

In a failed economy, gold won't really have a use. The only reason gold is valuable is because people are willing to trade for it. The dollar is just paper, but someone is willing to trade a good or service for it. Gold really has no use except it looks nice and it gets placed on overpriced cables. A failed economy doesn't return to the gold standard.

If the economy collapsed or if society as we know it ended abruptly, gold won't do you any good. Bottles of water, clothes, food, and oil are going to be worth more than gold.

Personally I am saving all of my bottlecaps. Once the nuclear holocaust ends I am going to be filthy rich.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.