FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm going to be on Jeopardy! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm going to be on Jeopardy!
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I get 1 check or 2. They don't send a payment until 120 days after the air date. I guess they are waiting to see if I disqualify myself by appearing on another game show.

The 2nd place person gets $2000, regardless of how they score, third place gets $1000 which basically covers your airfare, hotel, etc. (They only pay airfare if you have to come back for a second taping - they paid for my 2nd ticket.)

As far as winnings, I think most of it will go to deficit reduction / stimulus / universal health care.

I might buy myself a MacBook and let my wife use the rest for home repairs.

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with SenojRetop. Stefan was beyond annoying. I'm not sure I can stand to watch him in tonight's game.

Good job Peter, what a great experience that must have been for you.

Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was annoying too, but I didn't know if it was because he was too cocky or because he kept hitting the buzzer first when I wanted Peter to get in there. [Smile]

At any rate, good job!

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I kept yelling "Haircut!" at the TV!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
So haircut boy survives into the next season. At least it wasn't the gadabout. That guy started the episode looking all quirky like he was the starring in an indie romantic comedy opposite Zoey Deschanel, and by the beginning of the second round he looked so haggard and beaten, I almost felt sorry for him.

Did anyone see Thursday's episode? By the time they hit final jeopardy, the two new contestants were each tied with less than 1% of surfer dude's total. That had to have been some sort of record. I'm surprised Alex didn't bring it up today.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get to see it, how much did you end up winning?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.