FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender's Game Movie Release Date (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ender's Game Movie Release Date
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Discrimination is discrimination, it is a wrong. It is a sign of narrowmindedness and is a form of bigotry. Discrimination doesn't just apply to race, and no, there is no real distinction between being bigoted towards a culture or being bigoted towards a subculture, you're still a bigot at the end of the day.

By your own admission it is disparaging, and last I checked making generalized disparaging comments towards a whole group of people was not only a ToS violation and was intrinsically morally wrong by definition.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Yes, tell us more about tos violations and how dan is "intrinsically morally wrong by definition".

Wow, though, movie bob really IS a bad reviewer.

(And quite the neckbeard.)

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
LoL.

Yes, disparaging comments about whole groups of people are now TOS violations.

Blayne, you're no longer allowed to ever say anything bad about conservatives, Republicans, Tea Partiers, people who dislike anime, or any other group, of any kind. Because that's *discrimination* according to you. And that's wrong.

I am a member of the group of people who think Anime sucks. Don't you dare disparage me. That is MORALLY WRONG. That is discrimination.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I hear there's a tentative release date for Ender's Game?

That's pretty sweet.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Nice. I snorted.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god you guys I am dying of laughter. You've slain me. I am slain.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Stop discriminating against me because I'm funny!
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
You're not.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. So, pretty stoked about the movie having a release date. But hesitant about Summit Entertainment. Yadda yadda yadda?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah totally an equivalence between people wanting to gut social security and otherwise damage your country and nerds.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm. . . There can be a huge variety of degrees of discrimination.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

Blayne your justification relies on the premise that neckbeards don't want to damage my country. So, if I think they do, then it's okay to be "bigoted" against them the way you're "bigoted" against conservatives like me, right? Following your logic, I mean.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Dobbie:
You're not.

DISCRIMINATION!
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
Blayne your justification relies on the premise that neckbeards don't want to damage my country. So, if I think they do, then it's okay to be "bigoted" against them the way you're "bigoted" against conservatives like me, right? Following your logic, I mean.

Not liking conservatives is not bigoted because conservatives are *bad*.

Airtight.

Nice one Orin.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Following your logic, I mean.

whoa whoa whoa whoa back up
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think it would be kind of funny if Haley Joel Osment did something in this movie, if only as a shoutout. Maybe one of the younger officers (Anderson, maybe)? I think he's actually a decent actor, and it might give him a chance to break completely into adult roles.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Oh yeah totally an equivalence between people wanting to gut social security and otherwise damage your country and nerds.

non sequitur, anyone?
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Following your logic, I mean.

whoa whoa whoa whoa back up
Yeah, you got me. There was one fatal flaw in my argument.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
You know, I think it would be kind of funny if Haley Joel Osment did something in this movie, if only as a shoutout. Maybe one of the younger officers (Anderson, maybe)? I think he's actually a decent actor, and it might give him a chance to break completely into adult roles.

I like that notion.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
At this rate, HJO might be old enough to be Mazer. [Razz]
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.