FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Monolithic structures not sufficiently explained (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Monolithic structures not sufficiently explained
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm still waiting for part two of the fountainhead summary.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
He built his building HIS way, was happy and everyone loved it. Not compromising or ever listening to the input of any other human pays off in the end because someday people will realize what a genius you are.

I think. It's been a long time since I read that book.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Its interesting that Ayn Rand popped up in this discussion.

Some people want ancients and aliens to hold secrets of the universe, because they want someone, some benign dictator, some God or Alien or Trump to make the world a better place, to help them and end the chaos, to put an order to the universe that we are too small, to stupid, and to young to understand ourselves.

Other people believe that we are the ancients, and the aliens, and the gods that can, with hard work, logic, and reason, put an end to the chaos, put an order to the universe, and understand ourselves. They strive every day to make the world better. Its like Cinderella v.s. Anna. One waits for Prince Charming to rescue her from a life of abuse and drudgery. The other sees what's wrong in the world and works to make it better (stopping her sister Elsa, etc.)

And a shiny few, a very special few, believe that they are God, that they are the One with the secret science and after feeling like an alien in their own world, they except that title.

Alien and alone is their self image.

These Randians believe in themselves and deny caring for anyone else. Social Darwinism is right, all modesty is false, all generosity is a lie, it all gets in the way of their genius.

We may reject them, deny them, get in their way, but they know that in the end the world will bow to their special genius.

Spoiler alert. We won't.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
And I'm still waiting for part two of the fountainhead summary.

or part three of the atlas shrugged summary
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

That too
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
not to be a bother but are we ever going to get this list
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know we aren't, Sam.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

How about one from the Pyramid Code (which is clear you watched the first ten min of)...

The pyramids are older than widely accepted as evidenced by the eight mile move of the Nile.

The pyramids are not a tomb....as evidenced by the thousands of missing engravings, artifacts...and oh yeah...no mummies.

One cannot carve granite and dolemite with copper tools...have you seen the inside cuts at Ponu Ponku?

The plateau upon which the pyramids are built is an engineering marvel in and of itself, which is almost never talked about or included in time estimates.

There is evidence of tobacco & coca use in mummies...substances that were only found in the Americas.

There is evidence of gold mining in Africa which predate modern-day estimates of human existenceby millennia.

There are energetic pyramids on multiple continents, not always the biggest, but the oldest...

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm particularly interested in this one:
quote:

There is evidence of gold mining in Africa which predate modern-day estimates of human existenceby millennia.

Please elaborate. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I must have had that one wrong...I'm seeing 100k-200k bc...On lots of conspiracy type sites...sorry
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I think you'll find that you have them all wrong.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'll look each up
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

These are pictures of what the walls look like in an Egyptian tomb...

https://goo.gl/images/tsrLKx
https://goo.gl/images/CaLTkt

As you can see, the walls are covered in hieroglyphics...the name of the dead king is literally plastered to this building.

These are pictures of the interior walls of the great pyramid at giza...

The "king's" chamber...
https://goo.gl/images/1scZeE
https://goo.gl/images/32rs1r

The "queen's" chamber...

https://goo.gl/images/Tuh7fX
https://goo.gl/images/IIw8n2

Here we see not a single engraving, not a single name, the walls are smooth.

[ September 24, 2016, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
The first image is from one of the temples of Abu Simbel, not a tomb? Where is the second image from?

I'm confused.

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Ug...I'm bad at this
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I really am lost. Like, not making fun of you or needling you, just unclear on the whole thing. [Confused] [Smile]
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Oh thanks CT...I knew that...you are one of, if not, the kindest posters we have here.

I was merely frustrated bc I searched specifically for tombs...and still missed...and then didn't kno the difference.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
For this kind of thing, maybe avoid Google images, because you never know how precise someone was being when they tagged the image. Try just searching for a scholarly article. Look for a reliable source & then see what illustrations they used?

This helps by checking to confirm your beliefs were right, too. If it is hard to find scholarly articles with detailed carvings in the isolated tomb chambers, it might be because it was less common than you think.

I would go looking for you, but I'm on battery 9%. [Big Grin] Be out for a bit.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
The other issue with differences in decoration/carvings is that the pyramids and the other tombs you're looking for were not from the same time periods. Styles come and go. The tombs in the Valley of Kings are I think from around 1000 years after the pyramids. Just because they're all "Egyptian tombs" doesn't mean they're all going to be alike -- again, think of the difference in cultural practices in European royalty over the span of 1000 years.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I must have had that one wrong...I'm seeing 100k-200k bc...On lots of conspiracy type sites...sorry

That's the thing. The Pyramid Code documentary is made by a conspiracy type person, appealing to that market, and trying very very hard to masquerade as a normal documentary to gain credibility among people who don't really know anything either way about pyramids, or archaeology (which includes me), so they don't know what questions to ask or why it's bunk or have any knowledge besides knowing that the Egyptian pyramids are ancient wonders of the world, about 3000 years old, contain dead pharaohs, and a rather obscene number of the artifacts can be found in the British Museum (heh).

One of the dead giveaways that this documentary isn't legitimate is the interviews section of the website.

http://www.pyramidcode.com/Interviews.html

All of the interviews are with New Age Woo radio, some of which are 2 to 3 hours long (indicates disorganization, lack of editing and desperation for content). There are no discussions with the BBC or NPR, the latter of which is easier to schedule than you think, given the number of college-affiliated stations with local programming.

Another dead giveaway is the cast:

http://www.pyramidcode.com/Cast.html

It is extremely unusual to put the researchers' favorite crackpot theories in their biographies:

quote:
Walter researches celestial mechanics, theoretical archaeo-astronomy, and the binary theory of precession of the equinoxes. [...] He founded the Galileo Awards to stimulate research into precession and help in the search for our Sun's binary companion.
quote:
John's work is forcing the rewriting of historical chronology.
quote:
His conviction is that pyramids around the world represent a much older global culture than history reflects.
quote:
Claude has researched material that has been largely ignored by mainstream Western science describing aspects of subtle energy and its applications to psychotronic devices. Claude prides himself in going outside academia's box to explore the energetics behind seemingly impossible phenomena. He explores and does scientific studies on torsion field physics, metaphysical events, and energy healing.
quote:
His groundbreaking Orion Correlation Theory suggested that the Giza pyramids correspond to the Belt of Orion. This shook traditional assumptions revealing that the ancient Egyptians had knowledge of cosmology.
quote:
John presented scientific evidence that the old-world engineers understood how to magnify naturally-occurring electromagnetic fluctuations of the Earth to enhance plant yield. This is where megalithic structures were built. Some of these sites remain active and effect the human psyche by magnifying natural elesctormagnetic energies by several hundred percent.
quote:
John is an avid research of ancient cultures and believes that some pre-dark age civilizations may have known of natural electromagnetism and other fundamental forces that affect man.
quote:
Laird subscribes to the thesis of a single benevolent advanced source for civilization.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm not communicating well...I enjoy watching documentaries of alternative history theory...few are gems...few are utterly laughable...most have interesting bits in a bunch of wild speculation.

The ideas I have been discussing don't come from one source...they are the bits I think likely...

To put this into perspective...we are talking about conspiracies and deeply held cultural assumptions. For the former...there's NOT going to be proof...unless it's a FAILED conspiracy.

I look at them more like a meta study...looking for patterns that make sense to me.

One thing I've learned is to look to the outcome to determine the motivation...IF there are facts that are repressed, there must be a reason, seems like a lot of hard work for a hobby.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Can anyone debunk this?

https://onsizzle.com/i/did-you-know-president-jimmy-carter-who-claims-hes-seen-2518229

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
How about one from the Pyramid Code (which is clear you watched the first ten min of)...

The pyramids are older than widely accepted as evidenced by the eight mile move of the Nile.

The pyramids are not a tomb....as evidenced by the thousands of missing engravings, artifacts...and oh yeah...no mummies.

One cannot carve granite and dolemite with copper tools...have you seen the inside cuts at Ponu Ponku?

The plateau upon which the pyramids are built is an engineering marvel in and of itself, which is almost never talked about or included in time estimates.

There is evidence of tobacco & coca use in mummies...substances that were only found in the Americas.

There are energetic pyramids on multiple continents, not always the biggest, but the oldest...

So which of the lists is this, and is it the complete list of that requested list?

What is an 'energetic' pyramid?

What might happen to a tomb that you can think of to cause the tomb to not have mummies and artifacts in it?

Why can you not carve granite and dolemite with copper tools, when it is possible to carve granite and dolemite with stone tools?

What is a "Ponu Ponku?"

What evidence exists for the eight mile move of the Nile that makes the current dating of the pyramids' construction wrong?

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Can anyone debunk this?

https://onsizzle.com/i/did-you-know-president-jimmy-carter-who-claims-hes-seen-2518229

this is a serious question: why would anything from this source ever become something you consider needing to be debunked?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Public statements made by a presidential candidate & a sitting president quoted by an unknown source seem akin to thinking that etsy.com is the source of this tee shirt's equation.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Are you going to respond to my post about the carvings in the pyramids or nah?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Public statements made by a presidential candidate & a sitting president quoted by an unknown source seem akin to thinking that etsy.com is the source of this tee shirt's equation.

A t-shirt is not a source. It is a product that can have pretty much any statement printed on it that you want to sell. It does not have any inherent credibility.

You have pointed us to a meme resourcing site with an image on it from another blog from a thing where you can sign up with a sketchy site to have catfacts texted to your phone. Again, why does something from here even really need to be debunked? It isn't making any inherently credible statement and the particulars of it could be looked up re: jimmy carter's public statements.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
The other issue with differences in decoration/carvings is that the pyramids and the other tombs you're looking for were not from the same time periods. Styles come and go. The tombs in the Valley of Kings are I think from around 1000 years after the pyramids. Just because they're all "Egyptian tombs" doesn't mean they're all going to be alike -- again, think of the difference in cultural practices in European royalty over the span of 1000 years.

This a bad analogy...it wasn't just a head of state's grave marker...this is the state religion...one of rebirth...literal rebirth...we are told...

The great pyramid is built on an aquifer...the different stones act as insulators/conductors...the granite can ionize the air in the chanbers...it's a big mechine...which is why when it was first opened there was salts covering the walls...the rooms, passageways and "airshafts" are not designed for human comfort...like the halls in Eros in EG.

Look folks...I understand I'm not convincing anyone if anything, but Egyptology has a long history of pre deciding the meaning and simply discarding evidence that doesn't fit the theory.

SOMEONE watch the vids...so much of the good stuff IS explained better than I'm managing

TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
This a bad analogy...
I don't think you understand how much time 1000 years actually is.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-ancient-aliens-s06e22-mysterious-devices

ElJay
Member # 6358

So, you're not going to respond in any meaningful way. Got it.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:

SOMEONE watch the vids...so much of the good stuff IS explained better than I'm managing

I have watched the videos. We must be able to account for what coherent claims from the video exist that YOU would like to assert are credible and should be addressed. We can't guess these things for you. It's really important that you finish the list first before we can really get anywhere. Otherwise, this thread is going to be hopeless.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Like at the moment I am not even really sure you understand what claims the
Pyramid Code is even making. That's not even apparent to us yet.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

quote:
Can anyone debunk this?

At a guess, most things that people see that they claim are UFOs (that are not imagined, a form of attention seeking, faking, or mental illness) probably involve tests of spy satellites and military aircraft that the USA would have preferred not to be public in the midst of the cold war. Revealing that probably would involve revealing classified capabilities.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Additionally not all of what is written in that catfacts meme (...) is true as written. There's a Wikipedia page documenting what Carter actually saw and what he reported it probably was based on its motion. It was a UFO in the strictest sense, I.e., "oh I see something in the air and dont know what it is"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

quote:

I feel terrible for any science student who receives this shirt because their aunt decided they were "nerdy".

Please buy your physics nerd friends this shirt instead.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
So, you're not going to respond in any meaningful way. Got it.

This seems unfair...there are a lot of folks w questions in this unplanned & ill conceived thread of mine...you are going to have to be more patient than that if you wanna play.

I mean, look at Samp...when he feels I did not answer in a fulfilling way he asks again.

I have every intention of answering all questions, but please keep in mind the following:

A. I have limited time

B. I am an expert on a couple of topics, archeology & Egyptology are NOT those topics.

C. We are discussing, what I believe, is an active conspiracy...I.e. there will be NO proof...this detective work.

D. These are my private theories of the world, I stuck my big foot in my big mouth and challenged the accepted timeline as represented by a humorous cartoon and ppl had questions is the bastard conception of this unintended glimpse into my worldview.

2. I am flat out wrong about 33% of the time.

ElJay
Member # 6358

It's not a question of patience. You could have said you didn't have time to research it yet, and I would have waiting patiently. But if you think what you said was a response or a discussion, you're wrong.

My point is that why should people spend time debunking additional things you post when you just keep throwing things up instead of discussing the claims you've already made? CT and I both responded to the pyramid decoration issue, amaze responded to the pyramid code video, and instead of engaging with those responses that you got, you threw up the thing about Carter and aliens. If you keep jumping around asking people to "debunk" additional things instead of actually discussing the ones people try to talk to you about, it looks like you're trying to distract from something you have no response to.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Samp...if you watched the vids, you MUST know what an electrically active pyramid is! Merely a pyramid THAT PRODUCES ELECTRICITY. Like the great one at giza, or the Mayan? one sitting atop of a series of cenotes, or underground lakes.

Moving water produces a current...

Samprimary
Member # 8561

I needed to be sure I understand what you meant by an "energetic pyramid" because there is no end to the (delusional) claims about what makes the pyramids special or spiritual or supernatural. "energetic" could have meant electricity, or with harmonic sound energy, or crystal georesonance, or psychic, or it might connect to the sun burning inside the hollow earth. There are literally hundreds of new age conspiracy theories about what the pyramids 'actually' were, in a hazy netherworld of pseudoarchaeology, pseudohistory, and pseudscience. We have to know specifically what you are talking about because these things are especially vague claims to begin with even before I have to account to that you describe them vaguely and with offhand recollection of whatever sources you have imbibed.

In this case, you mean that the pyramids physically produce electricity. What is your understanding as to how the pyramids created electricity? What is your understanding as to how moving water produces a current or how it could be harvested? What evidence exists that shows us that the pyramids were or were part of a mechanism for harvesting or creating energy?

kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh honey. Not the same kind of current.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

SW, do you realize how massively impractical a pyramid is for producing current? Especially if you actually have access to running water and know a) what current is and b) how to produce it?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Lost/protected tech...speculation flourishes...googling "gixa power plant" brings up fifty bawgillion different theories...hydrogen down one shoot...liquid O2 down another...goodness knows...this is where some hipwaders come in handy...that's why this is a hobby of mine and not the topic of my ground breaking best selling book.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I am also NOT an electrical engineer (tho I drafted for one for a bit)
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Think about it for a second, SW. Think about why WE don't try to generate electricity by pouring liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen down separate chutes made of granite blocks.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Think about how you produce liquid oxygen and hydrogen. Think about what kind of containers are needed to store them. Any civilization that could produce liquid oxygen would have much better ways to generate electricity.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Lost/protected tech...speculation flourishes...googling "gixa power plant" brings up fifty bawgillion different theories...hydrogen down one shoot...liquid O2 down another...goodness knows...this is where some hipwaders come in handy...that's why this is a hobby of mine and not the topic of my ground breaking best selling book.

So you really just have no idea how a pyramid was supposed to have created electricity, it's just something you have seen someone say on the internet at some point. You can't really answer in any meaningful capacity what you are talking about when I ask you what an energetic pyramid is.

Are you starting to understand why I asked you for those two lists?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Also, check out this dude who made a hobby out of moving heavy blocks of concrete by himself with only levers and rope, no pulleys. The first link is a video segment showing him moving stuff and dropping his first upright for a concrete Stonehenge replica in his backyard. The video shows him demonstrating on a concrete pad, undoubtedly because it's easier and more dramatic, and lets him use a smaller fulcrum, but when it shows him moving a barn with the same technique it's over grass. The second link is his website, with more details and lots of pictures. He calculates he could build the great pyramid at Giza in 25 years with a crew of 800 pulling 40 hour work weeks with his technique, no ramp needed. They'd pull the blocks directly up the sides of the pyramid and through the gallery. He thinks the "air shafts" were channels for ropes used in construction.

Like, everyone check it out, not just SW. It's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4
http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/newpage1

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I will! Thank you! This is exactly the feed back I can wrap a hemisphere around.

Can't today, but I will watch before I post here again.

[Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Cool. To be clear, the clip is like, 6 minutes. Not saying you have time, just saying it's not some 2 hour thing.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Second vid won't load on phone...will laptop later

The first one was quite interesting...however notice his technique only worked on a hard surface...my brother...Stone_Henge_ was built w stones hundreds of miles? away, I'm not certain it would work w/o top notch roads

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.