Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Friendship in Trouble - Restart

Author Topic: Friendship in Trouble - Restart
pantros
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for pantros   Email pantros         Edit/Delete Post 
Taking bits an pieces from the advice I got from critics of this story, I have rewritten it, focusing on changing the opening scenes. This may be relegated to opening prologue of a novel, since the ending is not appropriate for a stand alone short story. But I wrote that novel already so this story had to end how it did.

Please offer constructive critism or take out your pent-up agression on my first 13. I am also looking for readers of the whole Short Story/Prologue. If you are extremely bored and like the story, I'll send the novel for pleasure reading, light critique,

Fantasy Short Story 5000 words

FRIENDSHIP IN TROUBLE
By Wil Ogden

Eyes roaming across the rapidly filling taproom, Pantros habitually made note of the heavy purses on the crew of the Lady Marissa. In any other inn, he would wait an hour for their carousing to start taking its toll before lightening their belts. He didn't start trouble at the Inn of the Haughty Hedgehog though. Despite having his best friend Bryan, seven feet of muscle, sitting across the table in case things went sour; he knew that his sister would not appreciate the mess they would make getting out of trouble in her Inn. He also knew the doormen, having been trained by him, would notice anything he did and they would toss him out as quickly as they would a stranger for stealing from the patrons.

Posts: 370 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rustafarianblackpolarbear
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for rustafarianblackpolarbear   Email rustafarianblackpolarbear         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm lovin' it. It's all good, as peek would say. And yes, i would like to read the whole thing. my email is mighty_mitch8@hotmail.com if it's not listed in my profile.
Posts: 136 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Davita
Member # 2934

- posted      Profile for Davita           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to read the rest of it, can you email it to me at Davita123@hotmail.com?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by hoptoad (edited October 20, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by hoptoad (edited October 20, 2005).]

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisProteanSoul
Member # 2882

- posted      Profile for ThisProteanSoul   Email ThisProteanSoul         Edit/Delete Post 
If the rest of the story got cleaned up as well, you're all set. Nice.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMgal
Member # 2769

- posted      Profile for NMgal   Email NMgal         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Inn of the Haughty Hedgehog" - love that! I'm sitting in an airport right now and people are worried because I'm alone and laughing at a computer screen.

I'd like to read it. Send it my way.

Posts: 97 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

- posted      Profile for Monolith   Email Monolith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to take a look at the new version. I also want to see if you take it a bit further than last time.

Send away O Pantros.

-Monolith-

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.