Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » The Moth Collector's Daughter

Author Topic: The Moth Collector's Daughter
rippatton
Member # 8247

- posted      Profile for rippatton           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a flash fantasy piece of just under 800 words.

_Remember, remember when you were born._

When Ti-ti was born the Aunties came to anoint her with their declarative magic.

"Oh, her fingers are so short, she won't ever play the piano, that's for sure," said Auntie Rosalyn, who was a piano teacher.

"And look at that widow's peak," said Auntie May, touching her own, "she'll bury at least one husband, I'm afraid."

Auntie Angela said, "With a wrinkled forehead like that, this one is a thinker. Poor thing doesn't realize yet that she's only a girl."

And Auntie Penelope, trying to be a bit more positive, said, "Look at that face, how it lights up like the moon. This

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited October 14, 2008).]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monstewer
Member # 5883

- posted      Profile for monstewer   Email monstewer         Edit/Delete Post 
Errr...not a lot to say apart from I like it. I'll read the whole thing if you like and try to come up with something more useful then
Posts: 373 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArachneWeave
Member # 5469

- posted      Profile for ArachneWeave   Email ArachneWeave         Edit/Delete Post 
Like the way this is going, though I think you could have a less repetitive structure for it. Want to send the whole my way?
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.