Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Thanks to all

Author Topic: Thanks to all
Chronicles_of_Empire
Member # 1431

- posted      Profile for Chronicles_of_Empire   Email Chronicles_of_Empire         Edit/Delete Post 

Well, the first round of submissions ended in failure, so I thought to contact published authors for submissions advice. Letters were sent out c/o publishing houses, but as I found myself starting some serious research online I thought to make some e-contacts.

That led me to Hatrack, looking for a contact e-mail for OSC.

I never found it - but I did find you lot.

I only planned to stay a couple of days and then leave with goodwill - but there was a sense of professionalism here that kept me coming back, even to the extent of salvaging the link from the recycle bin.

I've since posted about my work and learned one of the most important lessons of all.

I arrived thinking I was an *author*. Now I know I am still an apprentice.

I am driven by a sense of destiny. My ego is restricted to that one goal. I will be published one day.

People have been kind enough to read something of my epic, and have not been afraid to be critical. I cannot state how much I value this. I don't care for ego-stroking - what I need is all I want.

Folks here have told me straight that what I need to do is rewrite my epic with a very sharp pen before submitting. I'd been slowly approaching the same conclusion, but it was clearly pointed out, justified, and sometimes even explicitely stated so and in what form.

For that all have my very gracious thanks.

This is a good place to be. I'm sincerely glad to be here.

Brian

[This message has been edited by Chronicles_of_Empire (edited June 21, 2002).]

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Chronicles_of_Empire
Member # 1431

- posted      Profile for Chronicles_of_Empire   Email Chronicles_of_Empire         Edit/Delete Post 

Btw - could GZ and MrWhipple e-mail me, please?

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
chad_parish
Member # 1155

- posted      Profile for chad_parish   Email chad_parish         Edit/Delete Post 
PROFESSIONALISM?

I guess because I've been MIA lately...

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.