Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Wotf Critique Group -- 2009 Q03 -- Early Submissions (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wotf Critique Group -- 2009 Q03 -- Early Submissions
Christopher
Member # 6336

- posted      Profile for Christopher   Email Christopher         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for some people to crit "Pod Soldier". It's the story that WriterDan and Snapper critiqued for me last quarter that I didn't get polished up in time. It is now much improved--thanks Dan and Snapper! It's pretty short--about 3K words.

Also, next week I can read a few people's stories too.

Whoever wants a fresh read (I haven't seen any of the stories yet this quarter), send your story my way.

Chris

Posts: 65 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriterDan
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for WriterDan   Email WriterDan         Edit/Delete Post 
Countdown time, peoples!

Three weeks from today for final Q03 manuscripts to be in the mail!

This is crunch time.

Don't buckle!

Just git 'er done!

Posts: 599 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher,

I'll read yours and send mine over for a final read.

- Owasm

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally finished mine. Alas it is well over the word limit, I wont be sending it out to anyone in this group, as I wont be sending it to WOTF. My thanks to those who supported my effort to finish this story with encourageing remarks and apox on Snapper for suggesting the confounding theme.

Good luck everybody.

And Snapper, that was just a joke.

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

I woke up with these red welts everywhere. Where did they come from?
Now I'm curious. How did my shred it into a thousand pieces and burn it suggestion turn into a 17000+ idea?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriterDan
Member # 6456

TWO WEEKS!!

AHOO-GA! PREPARE TO DIVE CAPTAIN!

Posts: 599 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Who ever needs a read send it to me. I will give them on a first come, first serve basis
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixydust
Member # 2311

- posted      Profile for pixydust   Email pixydust         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around! I realize that I owe several of you critiques and I'm totally behind (like ridiculously behind). I'm just posting to apologize. I'm really sorry. I thought I would have the energy to do this (I just finished chemo a few weeks ago) but I'm still sick off and on and having a tough time getting everything caught up from my illness. The sky is clearing, but I'm so behind I'm pretty sure I won't be able to catch up.

Those that critterd my story "Blood Kiss" just poke me when you need a story looked at. I'll make time for it.

Again, I'm really sorry.

Posts: 811 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriterDan
Member # 6456

Seven days and counting. Time for minor tweaks and finishing touches. Hope everyone is coming up ready. After missing last quarter I'm nearly beside myself with excitement about this one. Good luck to everyone.
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent mine out.

Thanks to everyone who helped turn a sow's ear into a silk purse that still suspiciously smells like bacon.

Good Luck to all!

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's in the mail as well and thanks for all the help with it.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
pixydust, I don't think you have to apologize with an excuse like that. I just hope the chemo did the job, so you don't ever have to experience it again.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriterDan
Member # 6456

All laud and honor to Snapper, ruler of the writing universe and all-knowing consort of the holy muse! I bow to your prescience.

<<Several hours of chanting and prostrating ensue, after which I come to my senses and realize just where I am.>>

So, I ended up cutting just over 5k words from my first draft. lol! When I went back and realized that last night (well, actually this morning at about 4am) I nearly laughed out loud and woke everyone else in the house. Granted, I did add about 3k of that back during work on the 2nd and 3rd drafts, but man...now this thing sings.

My story is off!

Just wanted to thank everyone that sent me a crit. The responses I got were pivotal in making my entry this quarter into something really good. And I even finished it three-and-a-half hours earlier than I normally do. Ha, ha! Stress-be-gone!

Good luck to everyone. Hope to see you all next quarter.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.