FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 24)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. For the 1150th post of this thread, I will suggest a title that has NEVER been mentioned before ... *drumroll*

Ender and the FSU Textbook Deferment Plan

[Big Grin]

(Ok, so I'm not very creative. But hey! It hasn't been suggested before, has it?)

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw this thread. More books about Ender as a young person = totally rockin' in my book.

As for titles, "Ender: Spaceman!" has a kind of "Snakes On A Plane" feel to it. I sort of like it. I'm no help at all, am I?

Click for semi-relevant fan "art": http://elksbugle.com/lol/keeners.jpg

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neon cricket
Member # 9729

- posted      Profile for Neon cricket   Email Neon cricket         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking for Ender

Just kind of a thought but at some point he becomes speaker and at almost that instant he also becomes Ender the xenocide. it might be a good time to fake his own death and just become Andrew Wiggin Speaker for the Dead. kinda hard to work in but all the good ideas are already taken. just kind of a side thought what about after the Children of the Mind.... I need closure..

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xstratax
Member # 9758

- posted      Profile for xstratax   Email xstratax         Edit/Delete Post 
There are way to many posts and pages for me to read them all, so I dont know if this has been offered as a title, but for the tie in Book: Shadows End

As far as a book right after Ender's Game, that is a more difficult matter, however I beleive that Ender Dibilitated...I've heard good arguments for Ender Adrift, but iI feel that dibilitated says it all, Ender is nearly insane, and it would take a challenge from a strong adversary (Achilles Jr) to snap him out of his drift.

Also I wonder if after 1100 posts OSC even reads the board any more...I sure hope he does, but with such a busy life I don't expect too much.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, who dug up the corpse?

/kidding

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasoncc
Member # 9760

- posted      Profile for jasoncc   Email jasoncc         Edit/Delete Post 
I read one that was a while ago but that was VERY INTRIGUING. ready

Ender's Giant

since Ender is meeting Bean's son who has Anton's key turned, and will be a Giant.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyzite
Member # 9761

- posted      Profile for Tyzite   Email Tyzite         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender and the Child of the Giant"

Someone posed "Ender's Giant," which I also enjoyed.

I would also like to mention that ever since reading SOTG I've been very curious about Bean and the babies he took with him. Will they ever reunite with the one Randi raised? With Ender? Or are they just as well as dead, like Petra conceded? Furthermore, if one of Ender’s Jeesh does lead the colony that Randi joins, if they ever encountered Bean’s child they would notice how very small he was... like someone they used to know...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
i didnt have time to look through all the pages so these might have been taken already.

Ender's Crime (focus on the view of the xenocide)

Ender's Phantom (too much like shadow, but could refer to the meeting of jane or beans kid)

Ender's Rebirth (when he stops being ender and starts being speaker)

Enderwars: Episode 2, attack of the clone (couldnt resist)

Twilight of the speaker (doesnt mention ender but could build role of speaker for the dead)

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kendul2006
Member # 9788

- posted      Profile for kendul2006   Email kendul2006         Edit/Delete Post 
in my opinion a good title would be "Enders voyage"
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemonio
Member # 9791

- posted      Profile for Lemonio   Email Lemonio         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders equal
The demise
Enders match
The freind
Ender's enemy

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemonio
Member # 9791

actually i only like Ender's freind or Ender's enemy
it matters which one the boy will be

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasoncc
Member # 9760

Ender's friend or enemy is too broad, it also doesn't have the certain flare in the title that some of his books have. i suggest Ender's Giant.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemonio
Member # 9791

Rise to Power
Ender's Emperor

johnplaystuba
Member # 8792

- posted      Profile for johnplaystuba   Email johnplaystuba         Edit/Delete Post 
When Ender Met Randi

haha, no seriously...

Ender's Remeniscence

Most I would have thought of have already been said. I like 'Ender Adrift' though.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemonio
Member # 9791

i'm thinking it's hard to make title if you don't know anything about achiles flandres 2. we know bean was the second best after ender so enders shadow makes sense, but if we don't know whether the guy is good, bad, smart, dumb, how can we make a good title.
Lemonio
Member # 9791

ooh. achilles is like hero in troy. so

who was his enemy Paris?
achilles heel
the trojan horse

i don't know something related to mythology

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Game II

Just confuse people.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama         Edit/Delete Post 
Since Ender's Game was followed with Ender's Shadow (Bean) and this is a meeting of the books, I think it should be called:

"Face To Face"

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlastorDragora
Member # 9799

- posted      Profile for AlastorDragora   Email AlastorDragora         Edit/Delete Post 
**is dead from laughing
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karmen
Member # 9666

- posted      Profile for Karmen   Email Karmen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Where's My Spacecraft? The Tale of Ender Lost in Space

Fried Green Legumes

Ender Staulking (in Randall's opinion anyway...)

ET: Ender Terrorized

End-Angered Species: The Hive Queen's Exclusive Interview

Lemonio; Hector Victorious and an assortment of gods who I don't remember. How'ld you work that in? HEnder Victorious? [Smile]

Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nvyseal
Member # 9804

- posted      Profile for nvyseal   Email nvyseal         Edit/Delete Post 
the chronicles of Ender
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Manny
Member # 9810

- posted      Profile for The Manny   Email The Manny         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Wrecked or Ender Nemesis, of course.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Manny
Member # 9810

- posted      Profile for The Manny   Email The Manny         Edit/Delete Post 
Asheelson: Enders Bane

His friends call him "Ash", the Ministry calls him Asheelson de Flandres.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasoncc
Member # 9760

quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card: OSC's Character Timelines

Figure that the location of Ender's first colony is corner B of a triangle, the other colony where Ender will go in Ender in Exile and where a couple of people already are is corner C, and Earth of course is A.

looks like OSC has chosen a name
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
what kind of triangle?!?! equilateral?!??! right?!?!

I must know!

(hee hee. new idea to debate)

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kylie K
Member # 9818

- posted      Profile for Kylie K   Email Kylie K         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's meetings
Ender's encounters

I have so many ideas floating around in my head. I can't wait to read how you tie the books together and hopefully explain some things more. I'm almost giddy with excitement.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody! It's prolly been a year since I posted on here, I see a lot of new ppl. That's awesome. I hate to take this tone but Mr. Card, GET THE LEAD OUT, I mean it's great that we have more Advent Rising to look fwd to (hopefully the next one will be on the 360) but seriously, we neeeeeeeeed a new Ender/bean book. you announced that there would be the two new book a while ago and there isn't so much as a release date yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, the Ender series was the first set of books i ever really liked. I just hope I'm not 45 when we see a new book.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jester987
Member # 9977

- posted      Profile for jester987   Email jester987         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this has already been suggested,

But since this story seems to mainly focus on Ender's progression from hero to Speaker....

Why not take a lesson from Ender himself? Speak plainly, not confusing the truth with too many words..

i.e. simply title the next book 'Ender'

Maybe it's a dumb suggestion but hey.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it would fit this particular book, but when I saw that the title for the tie-in novel was "Shadows in Flight" I was kinda disappointed. I thought for sure it would either be called "Children of the Shadow" (since the current latest book in the Speaker series is "Children of the Mind"), or "Shadow of the Mind" (For the same reason).

The first is obviously more literal in the sense that they are indeed the "Shadow's" children, or the second title could be used if you wanted something a bit "deeper". Either way, both of them will sound familiar to anyone who has read either series. (of course, its possible that one of these might be the title of the NEXT book, but it won't work as well since "Children of the Mind" will no longer be the previous title)

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon the Dirk
Member # 9981

- posted      Profile for Jon the Dirk   Email Jon the Dirk         Edit/Delete Post 
Some suggestions:

Ender Begins
Rear Ender
Begining of the Ender
Beginers and Enders
Seven Brides for Seven Enders
McEnders
Ender Baggins
Week-Enders
Ender the Wanderer
Ender has Trouble with a Beansprout
Ender eats a Beansprout
Ender's Pizza (My mom's idea)
Christmas at Ender's
Everbody Hates Ender
Leave it to Ender
Ender Goes Crazy
Ender's Choice
Endr Rox!
The Search for Ender
Ender the Read-Nosed Speaker
Ender Starts to Go Off and do Stuff
You've Got Ender
The Light at the Ender of the Tunnel
Ender Burn
Ender the Maniac
Ender Goes to Jail
Ender Stinks
Please Pass the Ender
Ender Becomes Known as a Bad Dude
Ender Loves Babies [Kiss]
You Bring the Beans, I'll Bring the Ender
When Ender Comes to Town
Ender's Conflict
Lord Ender
Ender Hero
Just Call Me Ender
Ender Gets Beat by his Old Friend's Spawn
Ender Gets Beaned
Ender Ends All this Bussines About Ender

How'd you like them Apples? [ROFL]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
How about:

Ender Is Really Andrew [Wink]

I seem to be remembering that from Ender's Game...is that correct?

So has OSC finally decided on a title, or what? I'm guessing he's given up on this thread. [Razz]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Has somebody already suggested this:

"I Am Not Ender," followed a few years later by "I Am Ender."

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Xenocide: "If I Did It..."
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Libbie: *snort*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shnabubula
Member # 9834

- posted      Profile for Shnabubula   Email Shnabubula         Edit/Delete Post 
how on earth are you going to reconcile philotics with your sudden lack of faith in string theory???
Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Legacy
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hugh57:

This one was great. That's why Ender is really traveling the universe. He's looking for the real killer.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i_r_actor
Member # 10081

- posted      Profile for i_r_actor   Email i_r_actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it seems that the title may already have been decided and parts of my idea have been suggested before but I figure I'll suggest it anyway.

Ender's Fame and Infamy

I assume that a large part of this book will be the personal struggle of Ender to understand who he really is. As his previous persona becomes a focus of hate and disgust (infamy) and his anonymous works become the focus of respect and admiration (fame) he has to chose between accepting the cruelty and hatred directed towards his true self, revealing himself as Speaker for the Dead which takes away a lot of the power that anonymity gives, or living his life under an assumed persona (Les Mis-ish "and must my name until I die be no more than an alibi?"). I think the contrast between fame and infamy will be pivotal. Also fame rhymes with game and I find that humorous.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sprawl
Member # 10083

- posted      Profile for Sprawl   Email Sprawl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Nemesis.

with he meaning of "nemesis" it could lend to the enigma of the book itself. Who is the nemesis? the "beanstalk" that he meets? Perhaps the fact he's beginning to be known as the "Xenocide" and must live with his shame and it's unbearable.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zophar
Member # 10063

- posted      Profile for Zophar   Email Zophar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Neon cricket said:
Speaking for Ender

I know something else has already been chosen, but I think that's my favourite.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantReturns
Member # 9349

- posted      Profile for GiantReturns   Email GiantReturns         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hugh57:

lol i fell over laughing
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magic legume worship
Member # 10136

- posted      Profile for Magic legume worship   Email Magic legume worship         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender's Bean"
Mr. card what will happen to Bean I think that he could be brougt back and saved from death by a cure from 'Outside' and it would be interesting to see what would happen to him and his children and what they found out and also what happens after the end of the ender Quartet with the descoladores??

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimJongSick
Member # 10160

- posted      Profile for KimJongSick   Email KimJongSick         Edit/Delete Post 
Potential spoilers
quote:
Originally posted by Magic legume worship:
"Ender's Bean"
Mr. card what will happen to Bean I think that he could be brougt back and saved from death by a cure from 'Outside' and it would be interesting to see what would happen to him and his children and what they found out and also what happens after the end of the ender Quartet with the descoladores??

I had been wondering the same thing myself after rereading that book, "Can Bean be cured now?" Although, now that I'm reminded of it, wasn't Ender subjected to roughly 8 years subjective time through all the light-speed travel it took before Jane found that fun new sci-fi toy? Wouldn't Bean's condition have killed him in all of that time?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loo^2
Member # 10161

- posted      Profile for Loo^2   Email Loo^2         Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of off-topic, but still on the topic of naming one of the future books... Shadows in Flight is supposed to be the Ender-Shadow tie, correct? The following isn't my idea, I heard it from someone on Facebook who posted it here a while ago, but it got no attention. Anyway, what about the name "Shadow's End" as a title, thus portraying the end of the series and also being a homage towards "Ender's Shadow." Too me, Shadows in Flight sounds like an overly dramatic action movie...

Comments?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender hits the Poop Deck
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Or rather "Shadows have no End"

lol.. I don't know why, just felt like saying it.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happysmiley
Member # 9703

- posted      Profile for happysmiley           Edit/Delete Post 
I think we need a book on:

*BIG Spoiler Alert*
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

What happens after Bean and the babies fly off.
I've always wondered...

Posts: 48 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
no-one really knows...
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Deathly Hollow?

No? Damn

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yukerboy1
Member # 10178

- posted      Profile for Yukerboy1   Email Yukerboy1         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't going to go through the whole 24 pages to see if this was said yet, but.....

1. Ender's Game
2. Ender's Set
3. Ender's Match

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.